Torch exploit for underwater breathing

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
DaveYanakov

Torch exploit for underwater breathing

Post by DaveYanakov »

I hate to put another thread on this board but I was just watching Vioki's stream and heard the 'torch trick' mentioned. I paused and loaded up to test it and you can in fact place a torch against a wall to create an air pocket. Hardcore bouy causes them to all but teleport to the surface of the water but it still feels exploity as all hell.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Torch exploit for underwater breathing

Post by FlowerChild »

It's a bit of a can of worms man given how many blocks are in MC that can be used to perform the same exploit, and that the solutions to that would be massively build breaking.

Personally, I'd like it if all partial blocks were washed away by water to prevent a whole whack of exploits from using signs to create unnatural water flows, to pressure plates being used to create water flows that you can walk straight into over them, but if I were to do that the destruction to people's worlds would be on an a truly epic scale.

So no, I think attempting to address one small aspect of that is ultimately futile and a waste of time. Any blocks I fix will just shift players to doing the same thing with a whack of others.