Best Hosting providers?

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
johnt

Best Hosting providers?

Post by johnt »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what are the best providers for hosting minecraft servers these days? I'll spend extra money for quality, if it makes a difference. I'll probably have about a dozen people on it at a time, at most.
Eramus_the_5th

Re: Best Hosting providers?

Post by Eramus_the_5th »

Hostlegend, if you are willing to wait for the ddosing to stop.

Creeperhosting is pretty good, as well.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

I've been running my friends and family server on Beastnode for over a year now. No complaints at all, they've done a fine job and the server speeds are good.
Benanov

Just host it yourself.

Post by Benanov »

My server was run on a computer I built from scratch, on my home internet connection.

For proper ghetto credentials I should mention I found the case in the trash.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I'd say it may depend on where you are located yourself, and where you want the server to be. Personally, I use Fragnet now. It's cheap and works well. Before I used Clanforge for over a long time, but did have several issues with them. I am quite happy with Fragnet now. The Server is located in the UK, which is nearest to me personally, and have a great connection with it. Additionally, they don't fap about with silly restrictions like Clanforge did.
JuanXo_

Post by JuanXo_ »

FaceFoiled wrote:I'd say it may depend on where you are located yourself, and where you want the server to be. Personally, I use Fragnet now. It's cheap and works well. Before I used Clanforge for over a long time, but did have several issues with them. I am quite happy with Fragnet now. The Server is located in the UK, which is nearest to me personally, and have a great connection with it. Additionally, they don't fap about with silly restrictions like Clanforge did.
I took your word and started working with Fragnet. The service is really good, prices are nice and servers are lag free. Hence they have servers all over europe, which is a plus for me :)
NINJA KO NO KOKORO
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

I use McProhosting, it works very well and they have good support and such. Only problem is lag but i think thats expected when the server is on the other side of the world and i bought one of the cheapest ones :D