I feel the need to pimp this LP

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

I feel the need to pimp this LP

Post by FlowerChild »

A few days ago this Vioki guy (I don't think he has an account here) showed up on MCF with the following fan-made trailer for BTW:

I feel kinda bad, because at first I largely ignored the post without watching it, and only when people told me on IRC that it was really good did I go back and take a look at it...and it is really good :)

Since then, I've started watching the BTW LP series that the same guys are doing, and honestly, I don't think I've ever laughed this hard with *any* MC related videos. It's seriously entertaining shit.

I almost gave up in the first few seconds when his partner way overdoes his introduction (I think I momentarily feared it was just another brain-dead Yogscast style thing), but it's all majorly uphill from there :)

Check it out:

destineternel

Re: I feel the need to pimp this LP

Post by destineternel »

After I watched the first episode it was an instant sub from me. It's too funny to pass up.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

destineternel wrote:After I watched the first episode it was an instant sub from me. It's too funny to pass up.
Yeah, exactly. I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard as during that whole chicken fiasco (I think it's in episode 2 or 3). I was totally sold after that one :)
Six

Post by Six »

I've been thoroughly enjoying this LP too. Always nice to see some fresh eyes trying out the mod, even if I do end up wanting to shout things at the screen (pumpkins need grass or dirt to grow onto! At least they should discover this when one of the end stems grows).

And the segment of getting the chicken back to base is one of the best 5 or 10 minutes of BTW I have ever watched.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Oh yeah, the trailer guy. I completely forgot to check his LP. Thanks for the reminder.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

Is it me, or is it raining great LPs on these forums? First Icy with FC, then this. Anyways, this LP series is hilarious. I don't think I've laughed this much in quite some time. Hoping to see more soon.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

For some reason every time he says "Charlie" I think he's gonna say "bit me"... Must be the accent...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
johnt

Post by johnt »

them attacking everything with shovels is making me die a little inside.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

johnt wrote:them attacking everything with shovels is making me die a little inside.
They learn :)

It's one of the things I really like about the series: yes, they make total noob mistakes, but they're also intelligent enough to figure them out with time.
Six

Post by Six »

FlowerChild wrote:
johnt wrote:them attacking everything with shovels is making me die a little inside.
They learn :)

It's one of the things I really like about the series: yes, they make total noob mistakes, but they're also intelligent enough to figure them out with time.
I dunno, the shovel thing kind of struck me as clever. It takes a few extra swings to kill an animal, but you get 3 shovels for the same amount of cobble as an axe. I've no idea how the numbers actually balance out, but the idea was interesting to me.
caveatEmptor

Post by caveatEmptor »

Just watched the first episode, I was dying at some of the moments like their freakout when the first wolf got in their shelter. But the best had to be pushing charlie across the ice towards the furnace as he was dying of hunger, just grunting the whole time. Hilarious :D
murillokb

Post by murillokb »

Just watched the first episode and maaan i laughed!

Nice to see a brand new series with someone who never played btw, i subscribed.
Spoiler
Show
Charilie wrote:Wait-where's-wu-what... there's no logs! THERE IS NO LOGS!
This started a infinite wave of laughter. LOL
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

The tension in this LP... Watching them learn and discover. I love it.

Thanks for the recommendation FC, made my day off worth it. ;D
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

Actually, I saw that and had a moment of realization. I never thought of trying to kill something with a shovel but evidently it's better than beating them up with your bare fists. So in that horrible moment of, "Oh my God my last axe just broke and this zombie still has a firm grip on my small intestine," a shovel ought to work in a pinch :) I'll remember that.

Speaking of which, axe murderers get a lot of publicity but where's the love for the shovel murderers? It's a pretty vicious weapon if you think about it.
OpposingForces

Post by OpposingForces »

Thanks for sharing FC. Pretty funny. also great to watch and see what "NOT" to do. lol.
Why do all the Zombies look like Steve?
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Hearing "I'm not gonna lie, did you not hear the howling of the banshee out there? WE'RE DOOMED" was enough to bring me out of lurking. That was truly epic. Definitely made a subscriber outta me.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

jorgebonafe wrote:For some reason every time he says "Charlie" I think he's gonna say "bit me"... Must be the accent...
YES! He said it! I fucking called it!!! XD

(at 19:50)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3t-kH5fWs#t=1190s

I can see the future. Now I know.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

The way he skillfully navigated that spawner was impressive. I learned quite a bit from that careful approach. I tend to be gung-ho about spawners, diving in as fast as I can to stop the spawning, but I'll probably adopt this method going forward
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I just got another good laugh out of their saw breakage incident. I think I sometimes forget how many little "gotchas" are in the mod like that to ambush new players ;)

Starting off my day by watching these guys play has become a habit.
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

this is AMAZING. i dont really enjoy watching LP because i would much rather just play myself, but being a "experianced player" i dont really have to think about things so i enjoyed watching some new players for once. its a bonus that they happen to be funnier then shit
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

...and to further pimp some awesome shit:

Vioki and Charlie are currently streaming for the first time. Check it out: http://www.twitch.tv/vioki/new
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

lol, beware vomiting around zombies apparently.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

...and stream is over. Good times.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

If I'm watching the LP, do I also need to watch the stream? Or can I just keep up with the LP?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Gilberreke wrote:If I'm watching the LP, do I also need to watch the stream? Or can I just keep up with the LP?
The stream content is not in the LP, at least not all of it. It's not as exciting though. But I watched an hour (not live) last night and was still entertained.