Mods copying features (On Redpower Copies)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Mason11987

Mods copying features (On Redpower Copies)

Post by Mason11987 »

According to this link an early version replacement for RedPower frames has been released:

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/co ... _its_also/

This early version of frames combines with perfectly suitable replacement mods for Redpower bundled cables, logic gates, storage, and world gen features.

I know most people don't follow other minecraft mod news but I like to keep up on news and I thought this was a fascinating development given previous issues with duplicating features from mods, involving redpower.

What does everyone think?
Stormweaver

Re: Mods copying features (On Redpower Copies)

Post by Stormweaver »

It's kinda harsh, and would have probably been prevented entirely had elo been a little more in touch with her community. But, minecraft is continuing to update, Feed the beast is continuing to update, and people get butthurt if they can't do the things they're used to doing. Forge mods have been inter-copying features for a while though now, so I don't expect a big blow-up.

Though I find it amusing that of the pioneers of the forge; Spacetoad quit the modding community, elo failed to keep up and is being replaced, the IC2 guy...no-one really knows what's happening there, and Flowerchild ducked out early and is still going strong.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
CrafterOfMines57

Post by CrafterOfMines57 »

Redpower will be dead soon, this has been coming for a while. Frames were just made as previously mentioned, Immibis did microblocks and the wiring system + circuit microblocks, Minefactory Reloaded's rednet can act as a replacement for the RP computer, Forestry backpacks act as a much much more balanced version of Canvas Bags (Not to mention, they came first). I see nothing RP has anymore (besides the goddamn massive trees and volcanoes with no relevance to the mod) that hasn't been duplicated in some fashion.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Nothing unexpected here. Slowpoke said he would be adding RedPower to FTB. Now he's done just that with or without Elo.
Better is the enemy of Good
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Also they managed to make them more OP that the original redpower frames lol!
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Sarudak wrote:Also they managed to make them more OP that the original redpower frames lol!
No man, It's not OP! I mean, you need to do that building thing with the blocks in order to activate the I WIN button. Does anybody even remember how blocks work?
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

The quicker people can jump in and experiance all the mods to get if out of their system the better. At some point the smart ones will step beck and say "Was there any challenge or enjoyment in any of that?". Even the name of the pack cracks me up, "FTB", as it was developed to showcase the mods in a particular game style.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Heh. The best part, is that if Elo comes back, she absolutely can not complain about the situation without looking like a rather gigantic hypocrite. Delicious :3
Uristqwerty

Post by Uristqwerty »

It's exactly what I expect from a frame clone: Full of bugs, copies the original exactly, and then tries to add it's own better versions.

There are ways to make a block moving mod that are actually creative and don't copy RP2, but nobody is bothering to do so.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Uristqwerty wrote: There are ways to make a block moving mod that are actually creative and don't copy RP2, but nobody is bothering to do so.
ROFL. Ok...someone hasn't been around the modding scene very long.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Uristqwerty wrote:There are ways to make a block moving mod that are actually creative and don't copy RP2, but nobody is bothering to do so.
You should play Thaumcraft & revise that judgement.
Sage

Post by Sage »

Not as copy as this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/185 ... llighting/

Like they said, karma is a bitch ;)
FlowerChild wrote:
Serjo44 wrote:today i was banned on ip for reason: <dances>
what i have do wrong?
Whatever it is...you just did it again.
warmist

Post by warmist »

Damn i still have a world that is dependant on the redpower wiring. It was a cool idea on it's own. Never wanted anything more.
OpposingForces

Post by OpposingForces »

The red alloy wire was the only aspect of redpower i actually ever used. had no use for frames.
Why do all the Zombies look like Steve?
Six

Post by Six »

Taleric wrote:The quicker people can jump in and experiance all the mods to get if out of their system the better. At some point the smart ones will step beck and say "Was there any challenge or enjoyment in any of that?". Even the name of the pack cracks me up, "FTB", as it was developed to showcase the mods in a particular game style.
There was a choice quote from a FTB LP I've been watching recently soon after they got jetpacks, along the lines of "This is so awesome, it's like creative".