Add iron piece to chest.

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Panda

Add iron piece to chest.

Post by Panda »

The suggestion is as said, adding a iron piece the the chest recipe. There are two reasons i suggest this, one because storage represents a significan technical advantage of allowing you too semi safely store items. Second is be is because of an exploit i find myself doing too often, which is when im starving crawl up to a tree and punch it tell i have the resourses to make a chest, dump my load on the spot anf drown myself, returning to the chest with no worries of loosing my items.
Never say no to Panda.
Duru

Re: Add iron piece to chest.

Post by Duru »

Doesn't hardcore spawn negate the exploit you mentioned, though? Finding your chest again would be a pretty big challenge after spawning who-knows-where.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I don't think this is a good idea because it would encourage players to do weird stuff like storing things in furnaces, millstones, and dispensers.
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

I dispute that it is a significant advantage.

That just seems to raise the difficulty bar for early game play, while not effecting mid to late game play at all. All one must do is carry a chest with them in case of emergency if one favors safety at the cost of an inventory slot. Also, one can gain a chest at the very beginning of the game by flicking a switch.
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Being able to leave you stuff to be found at a later point is one of the best things about HCS - and being able to drop a chest so you items are actually there to be found as opposed to despawning without ever being seen actually makes this a 'thing'.

I can't see anything that this would add to gameplay to be honest. Plus, if you find yourself regularly dying in situations where you have the time to craft a chest, pop it down and stick everything into it - or even just the last one, assuming a chest is within reach - you're doing something wrong.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

i admit i found my self doing that about once. but i dont think this would really effect people doing this. they would do it regardless of the 1 iron nugget change.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I can see where you're coming from Panda, but I don't think people creating storage in preparation for death is a problem that needs to be specifically addressed.

Perhaps it's a bit "gamey" but so are a lot of aspects of inventory management in MC, so I'm fine with that. I suspect if I started getting into that it would tend to be the never-ending can of worms that I'm trying to avoid at present as I prepare to move onto RTH.