Wooly piles?

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
DaveYanakov

Wooly piles?

Post by DaveYanakov »

Wool as it stands is a bit overpowered. Watching videos where players are simply using the wool block byproduct from a single sheep or the slabs from two to create the same sort of barriers that the dirt slab changes in the latest release were intended to stop.

What would happen if wool was dropped in 1/4 block piles instead of cubic meter blocks that can be used in place of blocks for crafting clothing? It would slow down the floating barriers a bit as well as making things a little less silly where you wear five cubic meters of wool on your head and sheep drop three times their volume when sheared. It would add to the cost in shears and a bit of time but by the time a player gets to the point they can comfortably build with large amounts of wool blocks iron durability is rarely a concern and the sheep herd is easily expanded to cut down on the time aspect.

Please do not discuss this. There is only one opinion that matters.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Wooly piles?

Post by FlowerChild »

It's an interesting idea, and would certainly increase the value of wool/colored sheep in the latter game.

It may be a bit much though given the overall volume of wool required to build anything aesthetic would skyrocket. My impression is that wool is an underused gameplay element to begin with, so without something to provide it with more utility, I'm not sure that multiplying its cost is the right way to go.

It is unfortunate that it's being used to create those kinds of barricades though. I'm obviously not trying to stop those barricades in general, but I would prefer if they be made out of more reasonable materials, and wool is definitely not such a material :)

I'm not too concerned with the questions of volume, either worn, or coming off the sheep, especially since real-world fleece is pretty high volume to begin with, and then compressed down when made into yarn.