Allow monster spawns in mushroom biomes

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
jorgebonafe

Allow monster spawns in mushroom biomes

Post by jorgebonafe »

Long story: I've started a new world today, and I soon went in search of a village. I took a boat and got lucky. Found a mushroom biome right away.
What this means is that now, barely having started a new world, I basically have unlimited food and free reign to explore caves without fear to die. This seems extremely wrong and to me, in contrast to any other part of the world, this is pretty much a completely safe haven...
---------------------------------------------
TL,DR:
Allow monsters to spawn in mushroom biomes, at least in the caves if not over micelyum.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
TheGatesofLogic

Re: Allow monster spawns in mushroom biomes

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Or at least let 'wolves' spawn there ;)
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

There is only so much ore under a mushroom biome. Eventually, you'll have to leave to find resources on other biomes. I'd be okay with having mobs spawn under the biome in caves, but the real push for me to find a Mushroom island is the no-spawn rules that apply to it. Otherwise, the biome has no purpose besides the aesthetic features of mycelium and mushroom blocks, and the cows.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Mushroom biomes are also so rare that it wouldn't matter anyways. I've only found 1 in my entire time playing mc and that wasn't even legitly playing.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hmmm...I just looked it up, and I had previously believed that monsters could still spawn underground in mushroom biomes. I'll agree that without that aspect, yeah...it's pretty lame.

I'll think about it some. It feels rather half finished to me, like the intent was that mobs not be able to spawn on the mycellium itself, which would actually be kind of cool, make a bit more sense, and provide the player with a reason to find/farm it.

They're rare enough that I don't think the impact on balance is disastrous overall, but if I can provide an additional use for the stuff in the process, it might be worthwhile for me to change around how it works.

Just as an FYI, I'm always more interested in hearing about in-game issues rather than solutions. The valuable information to me here is that mushroom biomes are excessive safe-zones, rather than the suggestion to allow monster spawns in them. In other words, "do something to increase challenge in mushroom biomes" is of more use to me than "allow monster spawns".

Anyways, it's a valid point regardless. Will think about it.