[32x] My Texture mix (Update 2.07 - Final BTW Version)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
embirrim

Re: My texture pack mix (32x)(Update 1.4 - 4.31)

Post by embirrim »

Yes I have to admit I've been having massive problems with the mobs as well. Spiders and endermen are white, and since the last release most zombies appear to be broken. I did not choose the random mobs option in MCPatcher, only HD textures, Font, Better Grass and CTM. I am assuming it has something to do with random mobs because I get the occasional zombie that looks fine. I do not know if MCpatcher's random mobs option also breaks BTW as did Optifine's.
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Another way to fix the endermen/spider texture bug is to enter a world using the default texture pack, see one of the aforementioned mobs and then relog with Batto's mix. Thought this may help in fixing the issue. I am using HD Font, HD Textures and maybe Better Skies but I can't confirm.

I'd also like to say thanks again for maintaining this pack, it's awesome!
Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

Ozziie wrote:Another way to fix the endermen/spider texture bug is to enter a world using the default texture pack, see one of the aforementioned mobs and then relog with Batto's mix. Thought this may help in fixing the issue. I am using HD Font, HD Textures and maybe Better Skies but I can't confirm.

I'd also like to say thanks again for maintaining this pack, it's awesome!
I have done this before to fix the issue but couldn't remember what I did, so thanks for bringing that up. And as for everyone trying to figure out if it's MCPatcher, I actually uninstalled every feature listed including the HD textures and the mobs were still the same way, so I think it could just be the texture file not being loaded properly.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

I believe Battosay is aware of the issue, just so you guys all know.
Nekhs

Post by Nekhs »

I'm having the same issue with this pack as everyone else seems to - the zombies are just weird.

However I'd like to report that it doesn't seem to be just this pack - I was using panda's pack, and it was working fine on the first load, but on the second load all the zombies were weird. I'm wondering if it's maybe a problem with MCPatcher or Panda's mob textures - the second doesn't make a lot of sense because it -was- working fine for that first load. :\
Check my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/nekhs.
It's usually on sometime between 12AM-3:30AM CST.
Sorry if I don't immediately reply in chat, I'm usually too busy playing the game to notice.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

It's a general issue with the textures. It seems they were shifted down by some amount in 1.4, which caused the problem.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

If you are having a problem with the mob textures, you need the newest MCPatcher. Mojang vhanged the way zombie textures work to make the zombie villagers work and the newer MCPatcher fixes the problems that pop up with that.
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I've updated the TP to help with the zombie problem, removed all the zombie skins, and only added back one. Seemed to fix the issue for me.
Anbaric wrote:If you are having a problem with the mob textures, you need the newest MCPatcher.
Which is version ... ?
Link ? ;)
SufficientAnonymity

Re: My texture pack mix (32x)(Update 1.4 - 4.31b) Fixed zomb

Post by SufficientAnonymity »

@Battosay (and anyone else having issues with the zombie textures)

I'm pretty sure the fix for the issue is to enough blank space to the bottom of the image to make it square (ie making it 128x128 rather than 128x64). I suspect it'll extend to the problems I'm having with zombie pigmen too.
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

Battosay wrote:
Anbaric wrote:If you are having a problem with the mob textures, you need the newest MCPatcher.
Which is version ... ?
Link ? ;)
MC Forums Link to
MCPatcher HD fix 2.4.3_03

edit: Your link to this currently appears to be broken on the lead post.
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Well that's the one I used then, and there's still the same issue.
I'll have a look at how others TP solved it, I think the 128x128 thing might be the solution, I'll check it out :)
SufficientAnonymity

Post by SufficientAnonymity »

Using square images seems to fix the zombie pigmen issues I've (and I imagine others) been having too. Glad that it looks to be a trivial fix, rather than requiring I spend my weekend throwing stuff at the wall in GIMP and seeing what sticks, when I should instead be doing things for the degree.
Battosay

Re: My texture pack mix (32x)(Update 1.4 - 4.34) Gimme Blood

Post by Battosay »

4.34 :)
Pigmen should be fixed too.
Still no clue on how to fix Spiders or Enderman though :/
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Battosay wrote:4.34 :)
I found this on MCF: Link

And this from Planet Minecraft: Link

Finally, a quote from the wiki:
Minecraft Wiki wrote:When using a custom texture pack, Endermen will be bright white overlapping their texture. This is caused by the blank spaces of their enderman_eyes.png file. If you create a custom texture pack you must make sure that you only change the 6 pixels actually used by their eyes. An alternative would be to use the original png from the minecraft.jar in your pack. Using the most recent release of MCPatcher also fixes this bug. This can also be avoided by making the enderman_eyes.png translucent, even only slight translucency will fix this.
These posts are all from 2011 but I wonder if this problem has resurfaced?

Again, thanks for keeping this updated man!
Battosay

Re: My texture pack mix (32x)(Update 1.4 - 4.38) Nether Sidi

Post by Battosay »

More Nether brick goodness :)
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Thanks for the TP update man !
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

I was having the problem with the enderman/spider color.
I managed to fix it by changing all the blank spaces on the Spider and enderman eyes texture to black.
It works fine now
barcode

Post by barcode »

Ozziie wrote:
Battosay wrote:4.34 :)
Minecraft Wiki wrote:This is caused by the blank spaces of their enderman_eyes.png file. If you create a custom texture pack you must make sure that you only change the 6 pixels actually used by their eyes. An alternative would be to use the original png from the minecraft.jar in your pack.
These posts are all from 2011 but I wonder if this problem has resurfaced?

Again, thanks for keeping this updated man!
Since I can hardly play without Battosay's Mix, I just tested this real quick and replaced the enderman_eyes.png and spider_eyes.png with the original MC ones and it seems to work just fine.

Also, I would like to add, since it is the only thing I wasn't too fond of in this otherwise fabulous pack: I changed birch wood textures, if anyone else thought the texture was too yellow, have a look at this:
Spoiler
Show
To get it, just replace the files terrain.png and btwmodtex\btwterrain01.png with these:
Spoiler
Show
XantyZon wrote:- Remember just like you can't have manslaughter without laughter, you can not have forgery without forge.
EdzyWhat

Post by EdzyWhat »

barcode wrote: Also, I would like to add, since it is the only thing I wasn't too fond of in this otherwise fabulous pack: I changed birch wood textures, if anyone else thought the texture was too yellow, have a look at this:
Spoiler
Show
To get it, just replace the files terrain.png and btwmodtex\btwterrain01.png with these:
Spoiler
Show
I really like that birch and would love to have it. But you've uploaded a low res version... ):
I had an image here once. Then I took an arrow... somewhere...
barcode

Post by barcode »

EdzyWhat wrote:I really like that birch and would love to have it. But you've uploaded a low res version... ):
Sorry about that, stupid image hoster shrunk it... here it is:
Spoiler
Show
Watch out, though, while I was at it yesterday I made a few more changes, stone sub-blocks (with the exception of the pedestal and columns) are back to standard stone texture, Battosay's new one was too troubling for my eyes since I built quite a bit with those stone pieces around normal stone parts and that just looked too weird. And I used the normal pumpkins, the ones with the stone side I always walked past and thought "someone was here and placed a cobblestone marker... hm.... " ;) Lastly, I added a bit more contrast to white cobble...
XantyZon wrote:- Remember just like you can't have manslaughter without laughter, you can not have forgery without forge.
zatty

Re: My texture pack mix (32x)(Update 1.4 - 4.40)

Post by zatty »

Been using your texture pack Battosay and seems that spiders are white though their eyes show up fine.

Edit: Seems that all that needs to be done is load up your world, save & quit, load up your world and they are fixed. Strange.
Additional Edit: On occasion you might need to reload multiple times. Waiting for my world to load up for a while then reloading my world fixed this.

Edit of the edit of first edit: Fixed for me by loading world, exiting, selecting Texture pack and then reloading the world.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

will you update to 4.41? I really liked your TP but it's quite annoying seeing mutton as purple squares
Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

RalphKastro wrote:will you update to 4.41? I really liked your TP but it's quite annoying seeing mutton as purple squares
PLEASE don't update pester. Battosay will update when he gets the chance, and is most likely very aware of the current issue.
Panda

Post by Panda »

RalphKastro wrote:will you update to 4.41? I really liked your TP but it's quite annoying seeing mutton as purple squares
NO! *smack smack* People have trouble sometimes getting stuff updated, many things can happen in ones life that takes priority, or maybe hes hung over? who knows :D
Never say no to Panda.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

<3 Panda ! :)
I know I'm late to the party, but, you know, life ^^
Probably some things missing, haven't played in a while, so I did not check

http://www.mediafire.com/?pzxpdoqxu8dew7q