Hello it's only me...

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Kodijakk

Hello it's only me...

Post by Kodijakk »

So, this is my first post here, i've watched the forum for some time now and i think it's time to be a little more active.
Now a short introduction, who am i and maybe some things you don't want to know...
I am kind of old (37), my son is 3 years and likes watching me playing BTW. The windmill and endermen are his favorites.
I play minecraft since the release of version 1.0.0. Since then i made two big breaks of playing, because i was bored. Build a base, make a farm, iron up... And boring. I tried several mods, at last this Feed the Beast thing. But it's always been the same, after a few hours it's boring again. It's overpowered and everything than challenging.
So i came to Better than Wolves. The early game just blew me away, and i think i will stick with it.
It's just fun!
I hope i didn't bore you to death!

Peace
Bevanz

Re: Hello it's only me...

Post by Bevanz »

Nice to meet you, welcome to the forums. I'm in a similar boat that vanilla and most mods are just way too boring. Some have interesting concepts and might be fun for a little bit, but Better than Wolves is the only fun way to play the game now, and it's kept me interested for quite a while.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
Kodijakk

Post by Kodijakk »

Thanks for the friendly welcome!
So far it's really fun and quite challenging. And i hope i have the time to get really into the mechanics.
But i've never really get used to the redstone thingy and the automation stuff.
Right now everything at my base is manually driven. I have a lot to learn, and i hope my time i have for gaming is enough for that.
So if anyone has some simple tips and advice for really basic things, just tell me.
Or if you know a server where noobs are welcome... ;)

Peace
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Hi there!

If you're looking for a friendly server where noobs are welcome, you can try PK_420's Friendly Co-op server.
Bevanz and I both play there.

All we ask are:
1) Keep any products of Hellfire dust(hellfire dust itself, blasting oil) far away from any stoked fire.
2) Do not play with blasting oil. It can and will kill unsuspecting newbies. Never keep any on your person unless transporting to another secure storage.
3) Soul urns are to be kept in storage or crucible. dropping them is a really bad idea.

Those tend to be the general tips/rules to newbies in a community. basically, don't blow anything up.
Kodijakk

Post by Kodijakk »

DiamondArms wrote:Hi there!

If you're looking for a friendly server where noobs are welcome, you can try PK_420's Friendly Co-op server.
Bevanz and I both play there.

All we ask are:
1) Keep any products of Hellfire dust(hellfire dust itself, blasting oil) far away from any stoked fire.
2) Do not play with blasting oil. It can and will kill unsuspecting newbies. Never keep any on your person unless transporting to another secure storage.
3) Soul urns are to be kept in storage or crucible. dropping them is a really bad idea.

Those tend to be the general tips/rules to newbies in a community. basically, don't blow anything up.
Sounds cool.
Will apply and take at least a look or two. I think it's interesting to see some advaced stuff live and in action.
Thanks!
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Also few tips for this forum:
1. Don't post into suggestion forum. Unless you want to get banned. Just don't.
2. I you find something that you think is a bug post it into Tech Support instead of Bug Report section to make sure it's not installation error/vanilla Minecraft bug/a feature.
Kodijakk

Post by Kodijakk »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:Also few tips for this forum:
1. Don't post into suggestion forum. Unless you want to get banned. Just don't.
2. I you find something that you think is a bug post it into Tech Support instead of Bug Report section to make sure it's not installation error/vanilla Minecraft bug/a feature.
Thanks for your advice.
But i read the forum for quite a bit and i saw what happened if someone just wasted Flowerchild's time. For that reason i will definitley not post anything you mentioned.
I understand that Better than Wolves is his baby and he has better things to do than reading stupid posts from stupid people. ;)
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Kodijakk wrote:Thanks for your advice.
But i read the forum for quite a bit and i saw what happened if someone just wasted Flowerchild's time. For that reason i will definitley not post anything you mentioned.
I understand that Better than Wolves is his baby and he has better things to do than reading stupid posts from stupid people. ;)
If everyone had that much understanding (here, on other forums, in the real world), the world would be a much nicer place ...

Welcome (: From what you've said, I'm sure you'll fit in well here (:

Also, from your first post:
Kodijakk wrote:I hope i didn't bore you to death!
You should see some of the other threads we've had in the past of people detailing their experiences in game - some of them go on longer than some books I've read, and I still wasn't bored of them ;)
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Kodijakk wrote: ...and i saw what happened if someone just wasted Flowerchild's time.
I see how this is going to go already... ;)
Kodijakk

Post by Kodijakk »

I'll try hard not to do it again....
Please don't ban me. ;)