Better Wolves Spoiler thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Better Wolves Spoiler thread

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, I almost spoiled the release thread myself :)

Will kick this off with what I posted there and then deleted:
Oh yes, and after you craft your woolfies some booties, you may want to queue this up to get yourself in the appropriate idiom:

If I was still doing release videos, the above would definitely be the song I'd choose for this one.

Have at it :)
JakeZKAM

Re: Better Wolves Spoiler thread

Post by JakeZKAM »

Hmmm I did a little testing in one of my older worlds and for some reason I can't seem to figure out how to get the damn socks on the wolves in the first place. Right clicking on them with it simply equips the socks on me, and makes the dog sit. They don't seem to be able to get them on themselves when I throw a pair at their face either.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

JakeZKAM wrote:Hmmm I did a little testing in one of my older worlds and for some reason I can't seem to figure out how to get the damn socks on the wolves in the first place. Right clicking on them with it simply equips the socks on me, and makes the dog sit. They don't seem to be able to get them on themselves when I throw a pair at their face either.
Lol! Ok dude, be warned that I may issue a rule #1 violation given this is the spoiler thread, and I am thus less likely to fuck with people :)
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Well now I'm stumped. I really thought the booties where a thing XD fuck it, it's 3 AM I need sleep, and I'll beat the answers out of my wolves in the morning.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

JakeZKAM wrote:Well now I'm stumped. I really thought the booties where a thing XD fuck it, it's 3 AM I need sleep, and I'll beat the answers out of my wolves in the morning.
Oh man...and I thought you were just joking around :)
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

It took me forever to figure out the crafting recipe for socks. It's very clever.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

I've been testing to see if any of the colored booties give the dogs a health or armor bonus. I've punched ten dogs to death so far and none of the tested booties seem to have give an advantage over the others. These are the colors I tried: red, yellow, orange, white, grey, blue, light blue, pink, purple, and brown. I did notice that the pink booties made the dog constantly emit heart particles. It didn't seem to be in breeding mode, though.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

jecowa wrote: I did notice that the pink booties made the dog constantly emit heart particles. It didn't seem to be in breeding mode, though.
Companion Cube in training?
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Oh god, what is that? A... a... Dire Wolf?
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Pucc wrote:Oh god, what is that? A... a... Dire Wolf?
Hey that thing looks like it's got r-NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE.

I think I pretty much discovered that at the same time you did. Actually gave me goosebumps!
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

The dog with dark green booties craps out green dung when you feed it. It doesn't seem especially useful, though. It won't work for tanning or crafting golden dung, but if you right click while holding it, you throw it like a snowball.
Fret

Post by Fret »

Well, I'm lost have been trying for quite a while now and I just can't seem to figure out the recipe for socks. If someone could point me into the right direction that would be really appreciated. I really want to test out this new feature.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

wow, wolfs now howl to the full moon
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

maxsi wrote:wow, wolfs now howl to the full moon
...and so it begins ;)
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

Some wolves spawn agressive
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

So now that I've had some.sleep I've given up on socks xD but I have noticed wild wolves turning aggressive during.the night (maybe only the full moon?) And they are definately a helluva lot faster now.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Kezza wrote:Some wolves spawn agressive
Not true actually. I'll let you guys figure out the details there, but it's not that simple.
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

I observed a group of wolves and one was hunting chickens and sheeps, eating their meat and then they pooed. Then he hunted the next one and so on.
Very nice idea, nice to look at. I could watch it the hole day. GoGo Wolfpack
GeckoDragon

Post by GeckoDragon »

FlowerChild wrote:Not true actually. I'll let you guys figure out the details there, but it's not that simple.
After hardcore spawn treated me poorly, i wound up spawning in the same area over and over again in a pack of aggressive wolves. They seemed to revert back to normal after eating some meat, whether mine or an animals.
Mud

Post by Mud »

Still trying to figure out how to make socks, but I did notice the headbands/hats over on the MCF.
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

maxsi wrote:wow, wolfs now howl to the full moon
Sweet. A suggestion I never had the balls to suggest (wolves howl at the full moon to make them easier to find) gets implemented anyway. Tis a good day, this one.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thorium-232 wrote: Sweet. A suggestion I never had the balls to suggest (wolves howl at the full moon to make them easier to find) gets implemented anyway. Tis a good day, this one.
It's also a (very) incomplete and somewhat inaccurate description of what's actually going on, so I think you'll be quite pleased ;)
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

FlowerChild wrote:It's also a (very) incomplete and somewhat inaccurate description of what's actually going on, so I think you'll be quite pleased ;)
Awesome! Not near my gaming machine at the moment, so I've been watching this thread like a hawk for updates. Exciting stuff.

Also, does this mean you're going to have to change your avatar?
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thorium-232 wrote: Also, does this mean you're going to have to change your avatar?
Hell no!

The interpretation may be slightly altered in the process, but it remains as valid as ever :)
GeckoDragon

Post by GeckoDragon »

And here i was thinking that having a wolf pack to help with hunting was a brilliant idea. till i walked straight into a direwolf.

Happened so quickly and unexpectedly that i didn't even have a weapon out; nor was i aware of any circumstances that could have brought it on, nor if it wasn't even one of my own wolves and it snuck in the back door.

Most recent releases definitely have a dwarf fortress "everything hates you and wants you dead" vibe