New Release! (BTW V4.82) - NO SPOILERS!!!!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BrainNoMore

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.82) - NO SPOILERS!!!!

Post by BrainNoMore »

The moment I started reading update log I couldn't believe what I read, thanks for what looks like another amazing update :)
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Better Wolves in Better than Wolves?^^ I'm suddenly half-worried (do they explode?) half-curious to see what they now do...
Thanks for yet another amazing release!
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

FlowerChild wrote:-Fixed vanilla problem that would cause you to accidentally eat food (or drink potions) twice. Note that as part of this fix, you will only eat one food item per click, so you will not continue to eat if you just hold the mouse button down for longer than it takes to eat one item.
Ah you have my dearest thanks for this, its been one of the prime annoyances of my Minecraft life. I know I pestered about it, so apologies about that I didn't know it was in your sights to be fixed.

Another great release, thanks!
Svartwolf

Post by Svartwolf »

wow! can't wait to try the new wolves! Ironically BTW already had great uses for wolves as resource and with all the HC changes as guardians, so i even can't imagine them more integrated to the mod!

and the even more hardcore wood looks good. i always felt that it made less sense steve making wood planks with its bare hands than punching wood.

another interesting update, thanks : D!
Lars

Post by Lars »

Those changes to wood seem incredibly awesome! I love that you can now use bark and sawdust as fuel. In the early game you won't be needing it anyway, and using planks as fuel seemed a real waste. That's no longer the case now =D Now to find out what those wolves are so good at now!
Thank you FC!
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

FlowerChild wrote:
jorgebonafe wrote:So, the question now is... Is Better Than Wolves with Better Wolves still Better Than Wolves?
Better Then Wolves.
And if the wolf changes are half as fun as that reference, then massive kudos to you! Now I feel forum-old again.
I really appreciate the bark as a fuel. I've literally been sticking in stacks of 64 saplings when running low on coal.
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
Nelgoth

Post by Nelgoth »

Awesome! Thank you so much for the update! Waking up to this update made it feel like a Saturday morning from my childhood all over again.
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

Thank you FlowerChild! Very cool ideas.
-J-

Post by -J- »

I really like the change in wood processing. Before, it felt like a sort of unnecessary drag if you were to use a saw in order to process some logs into planks so I just took the lazy route and used the magical crafting grid. I really don't want to use my tool durability on wood processing. Now to find out what the wolves got in mind... Thank you, very grateful for this update. (I do apologize if my post makes no sense, it's saturday night and this is no time for me to be sober)
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
KittenToaster

Post by KittenToaster »

Hello Mr Creeper
Would you like to come over here and explode next to a tree?
Hiiiisssssssssssss ...... BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOMMM
Thanks. ;)

Creeper > (Axe / Pick Axe / Shovel)

Thanks FC. Creepers are no longer an enemy but are now an asset when correctly controlled. Instead of running away, I run towards them and train them to what I need blowing up. XD

Keep up the good work!

Incidentally the map seed "4.82" isn't a bad starting point, short on wood but lots of caves ....
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

Yep. I've been using them to create cobblestone for months, and now they're even more useful. I personally find them far less threatening than either skeletons or multiple zombies, and as of this release an "asset" is the exact right phrase.
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

That's just because they don't blow logs into saw dust yet, as per doug's excellent suggestion on piles from dirt.

So yeah, it's just an exploit at present that you're able to do that for wood, which I plan to resolve shortly.
KittenToaster

Post by KittenToaster »

KittenToaster wrote:Thanks FC. Creepers are no longer an enemy but are now an asset when correctly controlled. Instead of running away, I run towards them and train them to what I need blowing up. XD
Keep up the good work!
And let me quote my own post ....
FC that wasn't a derogatory statement, we've had a boatload of fun breaking a 4.82 map ...... earnestly, Thank you. ;)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Snip -Flower
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I think you may have intended to post the above to the spoiler discussion Dave. I'll respond to it there ;)
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

FlowerChild wrote:-Fixed vanilla problem that would cause you to accidentally eat food (or drink potions) twice. Note that as part of this fix, you will only eat one food item per click, so you will not continue to eat if you just hold the mouse button down for longer than it takes to eat one item.
Thankyou, thankyou, a thousand times thankyou! I've just changed from a trackball to a mouse and this has been plaguing me!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

I must say FC, I used to hate playing in SSP but figured I would give it a shot with all the new changes you made, my god you have brought the fun back into minecraft, thank you for all your hard work :)

Oh and LOVE what you have done with the wolves :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Okay, I already read the spoilers, so I guess I spoiled it for myself, this sounds awesome and I can't wait until I finish the ton of stuff I have to do before I get to play it. Thanks for an awesome release ahead of time, Dawg...er I mean Wolf I guess.