Zombies "breaking" doors

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Lars

Zombies "breaking" doors

Post by Lars »

I was rather alarmed at hearing a zombie break down my door just now. When I went to investigate however, I noticed the zombie had merely kindly removed the door from its hinges and put it on the floor, so that I could install it again at my own leisure. This felt rather silly to me, as I would've expected the zombie te be less then subtle and just reduce the door to splinters. I would've been forced to use some of my still very precious wood to create a new one then. (which, imo, is a good thing rly)
Anyway, I thought it might be worth it to hear other peoples opinions on this, as making zombies destroy doors would also have a downside. When testing (on normal and hard) this some more before posting this, I found out that zombies can actually pick up doors. This could result in you chasing down zombies that stole your door, which is rather amusing. Would they destroy the door, this would no longer be possible.
The reason I'm bringing this up is because it seemed a bit meh, considering the recent hardcore changes to the early game. This just seemed a bit off to me.
jakerman999

Re: Zombies "breaking" doors

Post by jakerman999 »

I've actually been beaten to death with my own door before(which was quite embarrassing but amusing nonetheless), so I think there should be at least some recognizable part of the door left.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Zombies "breaking" doors

Post by FlowerChild »

Lars wrote: Anyway, I thought it might be worth it to hear other peoples opinions on this
No. Not really.