Portal 2 Co-op

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
weldaSB

Portal 2 Co-op

Post by weldaSB »

I finally bought Portal 2 when it was on sale, and played through it. Imo one of the best games ever. I have a problem though. All of my friends are console gamers. I really want to play the co-op mission though. I tried the random player option, but got many different people like one that played through it many times and left me lost, and another that had to be like 12 and had cheats on before we got out of the elevators. I figured I could ask this community, the most mature online community I have ever seen, if anyone wanted to play Portal 2.

I would like to play with someone who has not played one co-op before, but is still good at portal.

Add me on steam: WELDAWADYATHINK
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
Eriottosan

Re: Portal 2 Co-op

Post by Eriottosan »

I've been in much the same position as you. However, I'm currently on a system which can barely handle web browsing, let alone games.
What I'm saying is, if you don't find anyone between now and when I get a system (best case: a month, worst case: October), then game on. But if you get the chance before then, definitely go for it!

G'luck, man.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

Thank You!
I hope you can get a new computer sooner rather than later for both our sake. I understand how you feel with a dated under performing computer, but there are ways to help alleviate that. Installing Linux would make your computer run flawlessly (or near flawlessly). If you want help, just PM me, as I have a lot of experience with Linux.
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Woah woah woah! Lets back this truck up! Portal 2 works in a linux environment? Please point me to some info on this! :D
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

Nope, not yet. Portal 1 has a Linux beta, and portal 2 will eventually be ported to Linux. You can also run steam with wine. I currently dual boot winxp and mint and debian so I can play black mesa, portal 2,and other titles. I can't wait till it does work on Linux though, because loading anything on a software raid 0 is fast. I just said that I would give eriottosan some tips on how to install Linux and make his slow computer a bit faster. So back on topic: do you have portal 2 and have you played the coop? If so, please add me on steam, if not, would you add me anyway so I don't look like some noon with no friends? Please?
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

weldaSB wrote:So back on topic: do you have portal 2 and have you played the coop? If so, please add me on steam, if not, would you add me anyway so I don't look like some noon with no friends? Please?
:D I do have the portal one and two! I have tried to play Portal 2.. and.. well my laptop can handle it fine, but my interwebs that my man is an entire different story. Feel free to send a friend request steam name is "MagikEh" :)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

So, weldaSB, here's your choice: Someone with good interwebs, but a computer that can't play the damn thing, or someone with a computer that can play it, but with crap interwebs ...

Beggars can't be choosers, I guess ...

:P. And nah, I'm not gonna fuss around with Linux tbh - mainly because this system does what I need it to while I have my first year exams at uni, and I'd rather not risk anything. After they're done, perhaps.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

Ok, I understand your choice, it is a big jump with finals coming up(mine are in 2 weeks), but if you ever would like to take the dive, just contact me. It would not be hard to setup a dual boot with windows, and I can promise at least a 20% speed boost, but likely more. Good luck on your finals!