BTW items Ids and metadata list

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
ion

BTW items Ids and metadata list

Post by ion »

as per title or some tips on how to get them, for use for a texture pack, to CTM most of BTW items.
Eriottosan

Re: BTW items Ids and metadata list

Post by Eriottosan »

The default config file contains all the default block and item IDs (which, for the majority, should be the ones they are using). As far as item metadatas, you may have to just do a bit of experimenting and hope for the best, but there may be an easier way.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
ion

Post by ion »

Eriottosan wrote:The default config file contains all the default block and item IDs (which, for the majority, should be the ones they are using). As far as item metadatas, you may have to just do a bit of experimenting and hope for the best, but there may be an easier way.
yeah for item IDs i got it from, irc but metadata still needs to be found the hard way. thanks for the help!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

If you have specific questions I can answer them, but providing a complete list would be an unreasonable job for me to undertake.
ion

Post by ion »

FlowerChild wrote:If you have specific questions I can answer them, but providing a complete list would be an unreasonable job for me to undertake.
i'm only trying to make wood pedestal look diverse that the other subblocks, so they can have a nicer look with the columns. if you can provide just some metadata numbers for them, don't really need all i can make my way from that. until then i just provide this CTMed sandstone column.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

K, here's the metadata values on the decorative sub-blocks:

Those combined with siding blocks:

Code: Select all

public static final int m_iSubtypeBench = 12;
	public static final int m_iSubtypeFence = 14;
Those combined with moulding blocks:

Code: Select all

public final static int m_iSubtypeColumn = 12;
    public final static int m_iSubtypePedestalUp = 13;
    public final static int m_iSubtypePedestalDown = 14;
    public final static int m_iSubtypeTable = 15;
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

I tried to give every fencetype you added a unique texture, this is possible via CTM.
For every CTM-Texture-Type you need a textfile saying what things it has to do.
The fence needs the metadatavalue for working like it should.
But there is one problem your fences were textured like i wanted them, but since they share the same metadata with the upper pedastal, that looks like....
Does the fence have to share his metadata with something else?
I hope you understand, what I want to ask you with this funny words above :)

Thank you
RezDev

Post by RezDev »

Actually, I've been wondering about the proper ID:metadata for the upper wood pedestals myself.

I spent a lot of time /give-ing in creative to make a list for texturing purposes, but haven't posted it as I was unsure how FC felt about that info being posted publicly.

FC, if it's OK with you, I can make a thread in the texture pack subforum as a reference for the other texture authors.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah man, go for it. I have no objections to such a thread. I'm not keen on conversations about the mod code, but I don't mind the data values being posted as long as it doesn't get into stuff directly related to gameplay (like damage values or whatever).

With regards to the texture for fences, sorry guys, but I can't really accommodate specific requests for isolating textures like that, or it would be a never ending cycle. Ultimately, I'm sure that artists would love to be able to individually texture every face of every block, but each such change takes up time for me, and as you know that time is already in short supply.

At some point, I may go back and split up some of the aesthetic blocks like that, as it's been in the back of my mind to do so anyways, but I can't make any promises as to when that will happen given all the other stuff I'm juggling at present. I suspect that's something I'm more likely to tackle once BTW is "finalized" as I'm trying very hard to stay focused on getting it to that point right now.
RezDev

Post by RezDev »

FlowerChild wrote:Yeah man, go for it. I have no objections to such a thread.
Cool, man, thanks.