Block Dispensers and Redstone Blocks

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
ehsanmp

Block Dispensers and Redstone Blocks

Post by ehsanmp »

So, redstone torches placed under a block dispenser power the dispenser and place the contained blocks.

However, with redstone blocks placed underneath block dispensers, this does not happen. It works with a vanilla dispenser, but vanilla dispensers are lame.

At the moment I am trying to power some BDs from underneath while right next to a waterflow, and it crossed my mind that redstone blocks would do the trick, but alas they don't seem compatible. Without them, the torches would be flushed away.

My suggestion is that redstone blocks could be used to power the block dispensers as torches do. Of course, it is a new block with new implications to circuits, so if it's not in the best interests of the game then I can live without it.
Six

Re: Block Dispensers and Redstone Blocks

Post by Six »

ehsanmp wrote:So, redstone torches placed under a block dispenser power the dispenser and place the contained blocks.

However, with redstone blocks placed underneath block dispensers, this does not happen. It works with a vanilla dispenser, but vanilla dispensers are lame.

At the moment I am trying to power some BDs from underneath while right next to a waterflow, and it crossed my mind that redstone blocks would do the trick, but alas they don't seem compatible. Without them, the torches would be flushed away.

My suggestion is that redstone blocks could be used to power the block dispensers as torches do. Of course, it is a new block with new implications to circuits, so if it's not in the best interests of the game then I can live without it.
The problem with this is that it means you couldn't use a redstone block inside a BD effectively, as once it is placed it would power the BD and never be sucked back up. In my eyes, the utility of being able to use a redstone block in the inventory of a BD is far greater than being able to power a BD with a redstone block beside it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Block Dispensers and Redstone Blocks

Post by FlowerChild »

Six wrote:The problem with this is that it means you couldn't use a redstone block inside a BD effectively, as once it is placed it would power the BD and never be sucked back up. In my eyes, the utility of being able to use a redstone block in the inventory of a BD is far greater than being able to power a BD with a redstone block beside it.
Agreed.