Coal block

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
LottoBall27

Coal block

Post by LottoBall27 »

So, how quickly do you guys think the coal block is going to be nerfed? Do you think its going to be nerfed at all?
Hey guys, I made an awesome mod which you should check out!

Don't believe me?
Spoiler
Show
Well fuck you, cuz you're right.
DNoved1

Re: Coal block

Post by DNoved1 »

Based on FC's seeming indifference towards it as well as the fact that it's mostly a asthetic block, I'm guessing it won't be removed. I doubt it will be nerfed though, since that's mostly pointless.

Of course, I'm not the one in charge, so who knows?

P.S. Might be totally misinterpreting FC's quote >_>
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

I agree with DNoved. I doubt FlowerChild will do anything to the coal block, just as he didn't do anything with the redstone block in 1.5. I would honestly be more worried about something coming from Mojang's end at this point. There have been rumors that they might just do something about the current un-intuitive nature of using the coal block as fuel, in which case FC might step up to do something.
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

As far as I know, the coal block is actually kinda wasteful as a fuel source. It does burn for 64+8 ticks, as you'd expect, but in order to get the most out of it, you have to babysit the furnace to swap out stuff when the stack you're smelting is finished. And seriously, who has time for that?

In BTW, assuming no functionality gets ripped from it, it'd make a long burning light source but at the cost of precious coal, and why would you bother anyway as you can get the same effect from 9 coal in the furnace? It'd be inefficient as you could use the 9 coal to permanently light a larger area.

And as it cannot be made from charcoal it's basically just reduced to a storage block.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

There's nothing particularly valuable or useful about it anyway, besides just compressed storage (which is a pretty insignificant gain as it is) so there's no real reason to nerf, as nerfing generally implies reducing something that was too strong to be normal, and this coal block is, if anything, less useful then coal.
Educated_Fool

Post by Educated_Fool »

I read on the minecraft wiki that the block burns long enough to cook 80 items (9 coal would cook 72) is that correct? (haven't played with the snapshots myself)
I can see clearly now my brain is gone.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Useless thread is useless. If you want to talk about upcoming vanilla stuff, there's a thread for that.