[32x][v4.A2 Timing Rodent][DECO_2.0] John Smith Texture Pack

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Dorugami

Re: [32x][BTW_PHILLIP][DECO_1.1b] John Smith Texture Pack

Post by Dorugami »

No wonder my bales looked less than optimal. :l
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
Sockthing

Re: [32x][BTW_A0CbMarsupial][DECO_1.2] John Smith Texture Pa

Post by Sockthing »

Finally Updated:
[Direct] [Dropbox]
Spoiler
Show
Deco Addon v1.2 Update:
-added Firefly Lantern
-fixed Hay Bales
-changed Paper Panel
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
CloudlessSky

Post by CloudlessSky »

Having a problem using this pack; all my grass seems to be grey in-game. I'm running the latest MCPatcher (with latest BTW) and I'm fairly confident I've set everything up properly (correct MC version, .zip in texturepacks folder etc...). Any ideas?
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Yeah, this is a problem with how the pack is set up. Will upload a update sometime soon with a fix! :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
CloudlessSky

Post by CloudlessSky »

Nice, thanks. Keep up the good work!

As far as I can tell, unchecking 'Custom Colors' in MCPatcher obviously fixes the grey grass, but I don't know what else from the pack it breaks. Would I be missing much if I just played without that enabled?
Palisight

Post by Palisight »

Found a solution to the white grass problem:

delete the file tintcolor.png

Its found in the misc folder in the texture pack
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Palisight wrote:Found a solution to the white grass problem:

delete the file tintcolor.png

Its found in the misc folder in the texture pack
Interesting. Tested it and it seems to work. Though grass slabs dont seem to get affected by the custom biome colors. So they are using the vanilla (I think).
I might use this in addition to what I found before.
Palisight

Post by Palisight »

Grass slabs are affected by custom biome colors, they just aren't affected properly

It is especially noticeable in swamps where the top of the grass slabs will be very purpleish in many texture packs

Its also not using vanilla textures, as the 16x resolution would be really noticeable compared to 64x texture packs

I have no idea what is going on there, but I'm doubting the problem could be solved with texture packs. It probably would require BTW code editing and that type of solution is into "it's not worth it" territory
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Oh ok, thanks for the explanation.
Personally I'm using the latest mc-patcher for 1.5.2, not the latest mc-patcher. And there the problem never occured. Seems also that the update with mc-patcher changed something.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

The links seem broken, I would love to use this now that the Deco Add on is working again
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

jackatthekilns wrote:The links seem broken, I would love to use this now that the Deco Add on is working again
I recently cleaned up my dropbox, must have removed the JS files as well. I'll let ya know when they are back up! :)
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Awesome, Thanks
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Dowload link back up on first post!
Quick link here: [Dropbox]

Note: Havn't updated anything in this pack since August 2014. Though it should work. If some textures are broken or are missing let me know!

Edit: Don't forget to use McPatcher. Also the white grass bug still exists.. I disabled some configs, so grass should be green again. But if anyone knows how to fix this than just ignoring, please let me know!
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Yassss thanks sock :)
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

Sockthing wrote:But if anyone knows how to fix this than just ignoring, please let me know!
Hey man, just to let you know the white grass is caused by MCPatcher 5 using a different colouring method, the grass works fine in MCPatcher 4.

To fix it for version 5 you need to open the color.properties file and stop grass from being tinted by the tintcolor PNG. (Remove the "2" from the "palette.block./misc/tintcolor.png" list).

There are a few more things you may need to fix to bring about MCPatcher 5 compatibility, it is less forgiving with mipmaps (if you use them) so all translucent pixels need to be removed otherwise it causes some strange problems, graphical glitches, flickering etc.

Lillypads may or may not be greyed (like grass). To fix this, change the "lilypad=*whatever colour you have assigned*" line to "=ffffff" and add the line "palette.block./misc/grasscolor.png=111" somewhere.

Took a lot of work to get it completely compatible with version 5, but after managing to get visual enchants on all weapons and tools, visible durability on armour and not forgetting animated flames on swords, I'd say it was well worth the effort :)

Let me know if it helps and let me know if you have other problems, it was such a long time ago when I added compatibility I forgot exactly what I had to do for it.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Mesh wrote:...
Wow thanks a lot, I will try that! Don't think I'll do anything fancy like you have in your pack ;)

---

Also I've added a download link to the John Smith Deco Add-On textures in the OP.
Or get it here:
- John Smith Deco Add-on support textures: [Dropbox]
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Timing Rodent Update!

There are now 3 different downloads you can choose from: JS with the Deco Addon, JS without the Deco Addon, or just the JS Deco files:
Downloads
Show
- BTW v4.A2 Timing Rodent l John Smith Pack with added "Deco Addon" support: [Dropbox]

- BTW v4.A2 Timing Rodent | John Smith Pack without "Deco Addon" support: [Dropbox]

- Only John Smith Deco Add-on support textures: [Dropbox]
Also new textures!
Update log
Show
-added Stumps
-added Stump remover
-added Saw Blade, as it was still using the default texture
-added Ender Block
-fixed Ancient Manuscript file name
And this pack is currently at 96% completion!
As always if you find any textures missing or any other problems, let me know!
miniek90900

Re: [32x][v4.A2 Timing Rodent][DECO_2.0] John Smith Texture Pack

Post by miniek90900 »

- BTW v4.A2 Timing Rodent l John Smith Pack with added "Deco Addon" support: [Dropbox]

- BTW v4.A2 Timing Rodent | John Smith Pack without "Deco Addon" support: [Dropbox]

- Only John Smith Deco Add-on support textures: [Dropbox]
none of links are working, can you upload it into mediafire?