Villager + Nether = ADHD?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
SterlingRed

Villager + Nether = ADHD?

Post by SterlingRed »

Dragged a few villagers into the nether assuming I could get them to follow me along my nether road all the way to my base. Unfortunately, it would seem villagers in the nether quickly 'forget' they're following me (Yes I'm holding a diamond) and wander off on their own. Corralling them is rather difficult once that's happened.

Has anyone experienced this or know whats going on? I'm probably going to resort to minecart transportation if this isn't from a borked install, which I'm fairly confident its not.
Benanov

Re: Villager + Nether = ADHD?

Post by Benanov »

Animals can forget they're following you; it takes time to them to pick the scent back up.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Benanov wrote:Animals can forget they're following you; it takes time to them to pick the scent back up.
Yes, I've only had that happen by getting too far away from them. In this case I was literally in the next block.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Well, you are dealing with sentient... no... wait... forget I said anything :P
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

ICY FIGURED IT OUT!!!! Was watching an old icy video and it turns out that villagers "run away" from pigmen exactly like they do for normal zombies, even though pigmen aren't hostile towards them. Could this have caused it?
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Yep that would do it. Thanks!