[1.5.2] [Friendly] Wpn's Server!

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Wpnman99

[1.5.2] [Friendly] Wpn's Server!

Post by Wpnman99 »

Welcome. This is my attempt to hosting a Better Than Wolves server... Let's see how this works out!

IP is: 174.138.166.162:35063

This server is a cooperative, friendly server where players work together to achieve things that would be really hard to do alone.

Please read the rules:
Spoiler
Show
1. No Griefing. Even if you find a wood hut in the woods, still no griefing.
2. No Killing. Unless the person attacks you first, do NOT kill. Acting in self defense is okay if you know the person was specifically trying to kill you. (Not just punched you once.)
3. Work together! This server is meant for a community of cooperators to survive the hardcore environment Better Than Wolves creates.
4. Have fun! If you aren't having fun, there is no place for you on the server.
To apply for the server, please fill out the following application, AND MESSAGE IT TO ME! Applications posted in the comments will receive no acceptance.*

Name?
Age?
IGN?
Email?
How could you contribute to the server?

*Please note that an application in the form of a paragraph is more likely to get accepted than just answering the questions in the format they are in.
Last edited by Wpnman99 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGatesofLogic

Re: [NON-WHITELISTED] Wpn's SMP

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Just a question here: if I'm starving to death and I kill a player for their meat does that count as self defense? ;)
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Wpnman99

Post by Wpnman99 »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:Just a question here: if I'm starving to death and I kill a player for their meat does that count as self defense? ;)
Well, I would encourage against it. Soon there will be towns and roads which you can follow and hopefully make it to town and get some food. Right now, though, the killing rule may be a little loose. Maybe try to kill them without hitting them? I/e sand, lava, fire, falling, etc...
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

So pretty much what you are saying is that IF the death message does not say "Prof_ion killed bobslingblade679" then I am good right? So TNT traps etc. would be okay then?
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

Hey man! Why's it gotta be me you hypothetically murder? :P
Wpnman99

Post by Wpnman99 »

Prof_Ion wrote:So pretty much what you are saying is that IF the death message does not say "Prof_ion killed bobslingblade679" then I am good right? So TNT traps etc. would be okay then?
Pretty Much, Yes. However if someone dies and you are the only one with them, but they happened to burn to death, that may cause trouble. Be sneaky when killing. Don't be caught or put yourself in any situation where you could be caught. Also, once the player dies they always can say who did it, but since with BTW disables player names, it may be kind of hard.
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

You might want to clarify that the server is not 4.7. The link given in the OP implies it is. Unless you meant to update but haven't, yet.
Wpnman99

Post by Wpnman99 »

BobSlingblade679 wrote:You might want to clarify that the server is not 4.7. The link given in the OP implies it is. Unless you meant to update but haven't, yet.
Yes, it will be updated soon.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

BobSlingblade679 wrote:Hey man! Why's it gotta be me you hypothetically murder? :P
You should consider yourself special! You were the first person who came to mind ;)
Wpnman99 wrote: Pretty Much, Yes. However if someone dies and you are the only one with them, but they happened to burn to death, that may cause trouble. Be sneaky when killing. Don't be caught or put yourself in any situation where you could be caught. Also, once the player dies they always can say who did it, but since with BTW disables player names, it may be kind of hard.
Actually player names can be re-enabled through the config. So this isn't an anarchy server but you can kill people so long as you don't get caught? I would suggest either making it anarchy or making it so that you are just not allowed to kill someone. With the exception of arenas or just messing around. (Pretty much if the other player is okay with it. I am a OP on the Edolas server and pretty much you can kill people as long as they don't mind. We run on the honor system for that. If you are not 100% SURE that they wouldn't be okay with it ask them. For example I know that if I killed bobslingblade679 when we were playing together for the most part he would not mind. On the other hand if a new player on the server did it, that might be completely different and said new guy should ask permission first.)
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
Wpnman99

Post by Wpnman99 »

Prof_Ion wrote:
BobSlingblade679 wrote:Hey man! Why's it gotta be me you hypothetically murder? :P
You should consider yourself special! You were the first person who came to mind ;)
Wpnman99 wrote: Pretty Much, Yes. However if someone dies and you are the only one with them, but they happened to burn to death, that may cause trouble. Be sneaky when killing. Don't be caught or put yourself in any situation where you could be caught. Also, once the player dies they always can say who did it, but since with BTW disables player names, it may be kind of hard.
Actually player names can be re-enabled through the config. So this isn't an anarchy server but you can kill people so long as you don't get caught? I would suggest either making it anarchy or making it so that you are just not allowed to kill someone. With the exception of arenas or just messing around. (Pretty much if the other player is okay with it. I am a OP on the Edolas server and pretty much you can kill people as long as they don't mind. We run on the honor system for that. If you are not 100% SURE that they wouldn't be okay with it ask them. For example I know that if I killed bobslingblade679 when we were playing together for the most part he would not mind. On the other hand if a new player on the server did it, that might be completely different and said new guy should ask permission first.)
In the future PVP will not be allowed. At the moment however, no towns or settlements have been established, and there aren't really any "laws". Besides, what am i to do to murderers? Ban em? Nah, I'm gonna wait till jails and towns are set up.