Can't mine Silverfish(I think) blocks

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
damianthedamned

Can't mine Silverfish(I think) blocks

Post by damianthedamned »

there are occasional stone blocks around that i can't mine at all or destroy with any tool. I'm assuming they're silverfish. Although they are a threat I still don't like the idea of a block i can't mine besides bedrock :(
Gunnerman21

Re: Can't mine Silverfish(I think) blocks

Post by Gunnerman21 »

That must be some sort of bug, ive found many silverfish blocks that ive easily broken with a stone pick.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Are you running any other mods besides btw and modloader?
damianthedamned

SterlingRed wrote:Are you running any other mods besides btw and modloader?
hmm i am running it through MCpatcher. it seems strange that that would cause anything though. but no other mods.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hmmm...decided to just check this out in code, and picks aren't currently set to be efficient vs silverfish blocks. I'm surprised nobody noticed this before now, and I'll fix that for next release.
savagelung

Post by savagelung »

FlowerChild wrote:Hmmm...decided to just check this out in code, and picks aren't currently set to be efficient vs silverfish blocks. I'm surprised nobody noticed this before now, and I'll fix that for next release.
I believe that was vanilla behavior. In vMC, picks are ineffective against silverfish blocks, but your fist is. Presumably this was intended as some sort of indication that the block was a silverfish block. I have never heard of them being totally unbreakable in vMC though.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

savagelung wrote: I believe that was vanilla behavior. In vMC, picks are ineffective against silverfish blocks, but your fist is. Presumably this was intended as some sort of indication that the block was a silverfish block. I have never heard of them being totally unbreakable in vMC though.
Yup, I understand, but remember by changes so that blocks take forever to be harvested without the proper tool? There you go.
damianthedamned

FlowerChild wrote:
savagelung wrote: I believe that was vanilla behavior. In vMC, picks are ineffective against silverfish blocks, but your fist is. Presumably this was intended as some sort of indication that the block was a silverfish block. I have never heard of them being totally unbreakable in vMC though.
Yup, I understand, but remember by changes so that blocks take forever to be harvested without the proper tool? There you go.
Love having a scripter so avid in the upkeep of his mod. lol thank you, will be testing the new releases