Iron ore & gold ore item form

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Toyi

Iron ore & gold ore item form

Post by Toyi »

With the addition of nether quartz, almost every mineral in minecraft is dropped in an item form, is affected by fortune and requires silk touch to get the block, the only exceptions are iron and gold.
Smelting the item forms into nuggets would keep consistency in both, without changing the balance (the gold bars would be rarer, but they have little use in the early game), the mobtraps would still be the way to go for the mass production later in the tech tree and it would make worthwhile to use enchanted picks (or beacons) to dig them.

I hope this one has enough angelic manna flowing... thanks for reading!
dawnraider wrote: Ah, yes. I always love gathering info through violence ;) Anyways, nice job on starting this up!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Iron ore & gold ore item form

Post by Sarudak »

I don't see what this really adds other than satisfying the player wanting MOAR power by allowing fortune to apply to iron and gold. There are downsides too such as not being able to use the kiln to smelt ores since they would not be blocks anymore. *IF* flowerchild wanted to allow fortune to affect iron/gold production I think it would be far more interesting to make ores smelted by a kiln give bonus resources based on a fortune beacon. I considered suggesting such an idea but did not. Why?

1. Iron and gold are already sufficiently plentiful. Such a boost is not really needed.
2. Late game answer to iron and gold production is already present and that is the mobtrap.

So in the end I determined my idea was not very good. I also think your idea is not very good.
I think the world would be a better place if more people applied such criticism to their own ideas. If you have an idea first ask why is it good. But just as important is to ask yourself why is it not good. Usually the second answer will tell you why it's not already in the game.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Iron ore & gold ore item form

Post by FlowerChild »

Agreed, with temp ban thrown in for good measure.