New Release! (BTW V4.66) [*** NO SPOILERS ***]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
xou816

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.66) [*** NO SPOILERS ***]

Post by xou816 »

I wanted to point out, it *seems* there are bugs with this release. I have a clean install and here are the problems I faced:
* regeneration is very fast
* food doesnt drop down
* EDIT: stone axe *seems* to have a much too long durability
I thought it was not worth starting a thread in the bug report section, as this release is really new.

EDIT 2: I'm really sorry, I thought my game had the right settings, but I was on peaceful (thought I was on hard as usual). The two first "bugs" appear only in peaceful. Really confused about that.
Last edited by xou816 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nekhs

Post by Nekhs »

Are you sure you're not playing on Peaceful?
Check my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/nekhs.
It's usually on sometime between 12AM-3:30AM CST.
Sorry if I don't immediately reply in chat, I'm usually too busy playing the game to notice.
Thyrllann

Post by Thyrllann »

Woot! Cheers, FlowerChild, this looks amazing :)
FlowerChild wrote:MCF would probably not approve of "you've got a massive spider-cock stuck in your throat" status effect.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Mmmm Mm! Thanks lots for the new update man! Lookin forward to creating the last of my animated texture pack! Thanks again for not throwing the entire update out the window ;) Havin fun with the new smooshing things around the crafting grids! ^_^/
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Mother of god you're the greatest.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

dchk... Nnngg!! Blaarggh!! Dang it FC! I had finally gotten back into my normal comfy zone of procrastinating updates cuz I'm just far to lazy, and no you go and do this! Now I feel I absolutely -must- update. :( Why do you always have to bring so much awesomeness to us? Blargh! *goes off to begin tedious update process*

;)

seriously tho, thx for all the hard work man. ^_^
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

xou816 wrote: EDIT 2: I'm really sorry, I thought my game had the right settings, but I was on peaceful (thought I was on hard as usual). The two first "bugs" appear only in peaceful. Really confused about that.
You know, despite my better judgement given the cluster-fuck the first part of your post was, I just took the time to check stone axes myself to be on the safe side. They are of course working fine.

So, what begun as a rule #1 violation, has now turned into a rule #3 of the "don't waste my time" variety. Enjoy your vacation.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

This looks great! Can't wait to try it out. Unfortunately, that may have to wait until the school year is over... things are starting to get busy... and I should probably stop procrastinating... :P

Anyway, Cheers on getting another great release out, despite all the doom-sayers!
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

Fantastic. Thanks so much. A quick question. Did this release implement the fps fix you released in the support thread or do we still need to manually patch that?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

icynewyear wrote:Fantastic. Thanks so much. A quick question. Did this release implement the fps fix you released in the support thread or do we still need to manually patch that?
It's in the release. I just haven't done the optimizations to Mojang's code yet ;)
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

FlowerChild wrote:
It's in the release. I just haven't done the optimizations to Mojang's code yet ;)

Fantastic :)
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Can anybody check and verify if you can open a fresh nethergate. I can't seem to open a new nether gate with flint. Portal blocks do not seem to rez. This is my 2nd install and i've attempted multiple worlds.
Psion

Post by Psion »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:Can anybody check and verify if you can open a fresh nethergate. I can't seem to open a new nether gate with flint. Portal blocks do not seem to rez. This is my 2nd install and i've attempted multiple worlds.
I'm having the same issue with trying to create a nether portal, trying to light one up results in the fire instantly dissapearing like normal, but that's it.

Are you using MCpatcher as well, by chance? I haven't tried installing BTW without it yet, so I'm wondering if it's an MCpatcher issue or not.
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I do not use MCPatcher
Six

Post by Six »

Psion wrote:
Kazuya Mishima wrote:Can anybody check and verify if you can open a fresh nethergate. I can't seem to open a new nether gate with flint. Portal blocks do not seem to rez. This is my 2nd install and i've attempted multiple worlds.
I'm having the same issue with trying to create a nether portal, trying to light one up results in the fire instantly dissapearing like normal, but that's it.

Are you using MCpatcher as well, by chance? I haven't tried installing BTW without it yet, so I'm wondering if it's an MCpatcher issue or not.
Clean manual install here and I see the exact same thing.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys, come on...take it to tech support please.

EDIT: Just confirmed it's a bug with the release. Will fix it tomorrow.
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Thanks for making it possible for me to upgrade to 1.5, there was literally no reason for me to consider doing so previously! My vanilla installation shall still not be updated. Or played. Being forge free must feel great.
Last edited by Shengji on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Thank you good sir :)
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Thanks, man. Like Shengji, I am now able to upgrade to 1.5, I stopped playing vanilla ages ago. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you left out of the changelog. ;)
Lots of planets have a north...!
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

This is very much appreciated. I like many others have been holding off from nether travel in my new world so that I can easily get my hands on some of the yummy nether quartz.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fuck it. I just put together a 'b' version with the nether portal fix and updated the OP with the new link.

I'd really been hoping to take the day off from working on the mod tomorrow ;)
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

Thanks a bunch FC, now I can finally re-download Minecraft, up until now there was just no reason to.
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Not sure what the difference is as you said you hadn't optimized vanilla yet but I tried to create a new world in vanilla 1.5.1 just to see what was different and I was getting an average framerate of 12. After getting BTW installed, I'm back up to 45. That alone would be a godsend.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Not sure what the difference is as you said you hadn't optimized vanilla yet but I tried to create a new world in vanilla 1.5.1 just to see what was different and I was getting an average framerate of 12. After getting BTW installed, I'm back up to 45. That alone would be a godsend.
Errrr....that's exceedingly strange man :)

I haven't done anything yet that should produce that effect, although I know I've optimized a few things in the past in passing. It's possible that whatever they did in 1.5 may have amplified the impact of one of those changes I guess.

Still...rather strange, because I haven't actually implemented any of my planned optimizations yet.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Just a guess but maybe it was ripping out rail-avoidance?
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.