Stardew Valley

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
myrkana

Stardew Valley

Post by myrkana »

Anyone looking forward to the release of Stardew valley?

http://stardewvalley.net/ <----website for anyone who doesn't know what it is.

I'm a fan of the Harvest Moon games and can't wait for it :)
Rawr :D
Ulfengaard

Re: Stardew Valley

Post by Ulfengaard »

I have an RSS feed running in my Thunderbird proggie, if that tells you anything. ;)
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

What platforms will I be able to play Stardew Valley on?

PC is the only definite platform, but Mac and Linux are still quite possible.
This looks neat, but I'm not holding my breath.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Ulfengaard wrote:I have an RSS feed running in my Thunderbird proggie, if that tells you anything. ;)
that sentence made as much sense to me as math does :-p (hint: I failed my last math class) but I assume it means your awaiting it as much as I am xD

I look through the greenlight section on steam a lot and found this one I'm so excited for it!! Especially the multiplayer aspect of it, to be able to play a game like this with 1-4 people is awesome sounding :) one person can do their cave exploring while the other focuses on farming and one on animals etc... xD

benanov: ? you have one of those im guessing? I wouldn't be surprised if after release they worked on a version for mac/linun
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

I have been keeping an eye on this game for a while.
A Harvest Moon type RPG with a procedurally generated (possibly infinite) world + caves, Multiplayer and on the PC...
Yeah I cannot throw cash fast enough.
I'm a huge fan of Harvest Moon (and Rune Factory) games.
Ulfengaard wrote:I have an RSS feed running in my Thunderbird proggie, if that tells you anything. ;)
Yeah sorry. Doesn't tell me anything...
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Ruh roh. Social faux pas.

Basically, I have an email alert every time there is the slightest change on that game's website.

EDIT: Doesn't anyone use RSS anymore? I think I may have just fogey'd myself.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Ulfengaard wrote:Ruh roh. Social faux pas.

Basically, I have an email alert every time there is the slightest change on that game's website.

EDIT: Doesn't anyone use RSS anymore? I think I may have just fogey'd myself.

haha it might be something lots of people use but im slow on the uptake sometimes xD e-mail isn't something I do much of because there's s o much spam in mine I'd never notice real mail lol
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Wow just checked it out and it sounds like it has everything I loved about harvest moon and more :D I'm certainly going to keep an eye on this...
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I use RSS... And I'm still pissed at google about reader... >.<
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Ah is that what RSS is.
I have seen it, acknowledged its presence but never had a need to learn what it is, let alone use it.
I suppose in that regard I wouldn't need to use it as they update their steam news when they update their website and I get notifications that way.
Ulfengaard wrote:EDIT: Doesn't anyone use RSS anymore?
It's funny you say that. I put it in the basket of things like Facebook and Twitter. It's there, people use it. I've never needed it before so why do I need it now, old man kind of stuff :P
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Yeah, I never managed to figure out how RSS worked either. Just never seemed important enough. You have been out fogey'd, sir
Better is the enemy of Good
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

It's only valuable for people who want to keep up on many blogs/news feeds without having to check their sites regularly. If I had to manually check all the blogs and news feeds I have an interest in I would have to spend an hour every day doing that. And as many may go for weeks or months without posting some would rapidly get forgotten.
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

Psshh... RSS is dead.
All about ATOM bro. :)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

PatriotBob wrote:Psshh... RSS is dead.
All about ATOM bro. :)

what is this ATOM? :-p
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

Pfft, RSS ain't dead. ATOM is another syndication specification; they're really not competing...in fact you can add in ATOM tags to most RSS feeds and no one is the wiser.

I actually *write* RSS syndication stuff. I'm not down with the hep lingo and I tend to spit out RSS not ATOM, but I do use some ATOM tags.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

but back on topic xD I only just found the game recently so I don't know a huge amount about it yet, how does the coop look? the videos make it look pretty good from what I've seen :)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

for anyone who forgot about this game ConcernedApe has said he will release single player first then multiplayer when its finished :) I'm so excited for this :D From what he posted earlier this month he's nearly done with single player, just tweaks and small things left to finish!

can't look at the website atm as the chucklefish websites are down right now for maintenance
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

Yeah, the single player is going to be released on February 26th.
It's pretty much inspired by everything the Harvest Moon games do (which I love to death), so I express how excited I am to play the moment it comes out. So glad it'll be on a Friday.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

unfortuantely I work that day :( I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off but I'll get to play it after work on friday :D all ready have my steam card for it lol just waiting til tonight to add the money so I don't spend it :3

edit number 3: heres the link to the trailer, tried to dd the video but I cant get it to work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot7uXNQskhs
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Let me know what you guys think of it. I'm interested, although not in a position to be buying a lot of games right now.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

It's been released today! Dang, if I didn't have work and appointments to go to I'd be streaming already. But dozens of people have beaten me to it.
It's at the first slot on the top sellers list in Steam already. The hype was strong with this one.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

I played for about 2 hours before work and its perfect :p defiantly worth the 15$
Psion

Post by Psion »

im sad, because i want to play it but don't have any money, only $25 in amazon appstore credits. :(
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

I had a chance to start this as well. It definitely lives up to the hype so far in my opinion, it feels like a far more polished version of Harvest Moon. I haven't yet dug into the game in any depth, but so far it all just feels....right.
murillokb

Post by murillokb »

Psion wrote:im sad, because i want to play it but don't have any money
that makes 2 of us :(