Happy BTW day everyone!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Happy BTW day everyone!

Post by FlowerChild »

Two years ago today the first version of Better Than Wolves was unleashed upon an unsuspecting world! :)

Since then we've experienced many ups and downs, gotten to know each other, and had a lot of laughs along the way. Without a doubt, BTW remains the one thing I am most proud of having accomplished within my life, and has in many ways restored my enjoyment of it. I take great pride both in the mod, and the strong community that has formed around playing it.

So let's all raise a glass today and celebrate the reason we're all here:

Here's to Better Than Wolves! Long may she torment the wolfaboos, the yagaboos, and even the forgaboos, and long may she continue to entertain us!
Elensaar

Re: Happy BTW day everyone!

Post by Elensaar »

Happy BTW day FC, and everyone!

You have really created something you can be proud of here. BTW is not just the best mod, but one of the best games overall that I've ever played. And your constant dedication, effort and focus keeps being a huge inspiration for me. Thanks!

Seems something good came out of Notch implementing a lame pet mob into MC after all. ;)

As to the community here: you guys are all great. There are very few online communities I can stand for any length of time, and this one is the best one I've seen yet. From your mature and intelligent discussions on almost any topic to your twisted sense of humor - you guys are great. :)

(Now to get through the working day, so I can have a beer in celebration of this fantastic mod and community)
Lots of planets have a north...!
Sage

Post by Sage »

May she continue to entertain us with more painful way to die and new mechanics. *raise internet glass*
And may the light shine bright on her future daughter as it did with her!

And also thank you, Flower, for creating this cruel mistress that is BTW :) The many shades of "fun" you brought to us will never be forgotten! Wolves have been useful, after all... :P
FlowerChild wrote:
Serjo44 wrote:today i was banned on ip for reason: <dances>
what i have do wrong?
Whatever it is...you just did it again.
lostone1993

Post by lostone1993 »

Wow, that time again doesn’t seem that long ago......

Anyway have a drink on me mate, places some loose change in the box. You deserve it

I can’t wait to see what happens in future.

BTW fixing Vanilla one update at a time :P
Last edited by lostone1993 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

Heh. when did i start playing this mod? Just after platforms, i think

Thanks for the ride FC. I'm looking forward with anticipation to what you unleash next with RTH
Racooknight

Post by Racooknight »

For all the lurkers and the not often seen member of this forum,

The reason why so many of us watch but don't openly participate may be fear of the banhammer... or it may in fact be respect. You have a strong, maybe sometimes unforgiving personnality. You have great flaws to the eyes of some, and great qualities to the eyes of many. Whatever you do, you try to do it in full, and that's what you did with BTW.

Us lurkers-to-be come for the first time to the forums, and see the apocalyptic scene that is the suggestions forums; we see so many topics locked in rage, because they drift off the matters you wanted to discuss about. But then, after a time, we see a pattern in all that seemingly unquenchable fury : we see an iron will, determined to follow a plan that only it knows in full. We see it so much that is isn't anymore about a mod; it's about someone that is pouring so much of himself into his project that we actually get to see the many layers of that someone's personality. And for all the outpourings of rage, for all the facepalms, for all the disappointments, that is one personnality that someone shouldn't be once ounce ashamed of.

From all the lurkers who, I do not doubt, all marvel at your never ending determination : thank you for being who you are. That is why we lurk; that is why we hesitate to create an account or post; that is why we do not want to taint your beautiful, complex in so many ways creation. It is because both the creator and the creation shine in so many different ways.

No lurker wants to snuff the sparks from either of the two by, say, a stupid remark, a misplaced comment. I hope this one is not, and does justice to said lurkers, as well as to you.
chaoticneutral

Post by chaoticneutral »

So, I've heard you were making a mod with six blocks better than wolves...
...oh wait, maybe I'm late in a year. Or two.

Time to crack a tin of beer to commemorate! :D

Hey, FC. Thank you for the mod and everything you put in it - your effort, creativity and humor included, obviously.
--Who do you think you are, War?
Sage

Post by Sage »

Oh, I just noticed that nobody put up some music for the celebrations! Have this:
Spoiler
Show
Certain part of the lyrics recall to me the story of FC in this two years, so I hope you guys enjoy!
FlowerChild wrote:
Serjo44 wrote:today i was banned on ip for reason: <dances>
what i have do wrong?
Whatever it is...you just did it again.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Happy BTW Day all :D

Although I've only joined within the last eight months (maybe that isn't TOO short of a time out of the two years...) I feel like this community is one of the best I've found online, and without a doubt BTW is one of the best feats of game design I've ever seen :)

It's come a very long way even in the seven/eight months I've been here, but the amount of content released in these two years has been phenomenal. I remember finding BTW some time before it went Forge and ignoring it, passing it off as something that had some cool features, but little substance. I was so, so wrong. Love you FC :)
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Educated_Fool

Post by Educated_Fool »

/Raises glass

Thanks for all the time and effort you've spend on this great mod Flowerchild. Especially the recent updates to hunger and the early game have given me a lot of fun (and torment, but in a good way =) ). Here's to Better than Wolves, the light that shines in the darkness that is Minecraft development.
I can see clearly now my brain is gone.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Here's to two years of a superior game experience! Thanks Flowerchild, for all the hard work, irreverence, design skill, and general-putting-up-with-shit-ness that went into making this game on top of a game. You've given me a lot to think about since I started lurking here, man, and I've enjoyed the ride ever since I got on it.

Going to need to make another cake.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Laughs a plenty for sure! But don't forget the best part man! Don't forget about all the tears you have brought us as well! Tears of agony, sorrow, and even a few of joy.

Thanks for all the torture and pleasure you've put us through FC! I know for a fact I would not continue to be playing minecraft if it weren't for BTW.

*cracks open a delicious can of Mountain Dew and raises it high*

So I say, three cheers for Better Than Wolves! Here is to FC and the great mod he has brought us!
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Happy BTW day!
I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone here on the forums when I say that your mod has significantly renewed my interest in what was a fairly limited game with regards to technical creations. It has and always will be one of the highest quality mods available!
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Thyrllann

Post by Thyrllann »

Woo! Happy Birthday Better Than Wolves!!
This mod has by far been the reason I've stuck with Minecraft for as long as I have, and I've never regretted installing it. Massive thankyou to FlowerChild for such an amazing mod :)

Long may we continue to enjoy this mod and die constantly in new, inventive (and sometimes ironic) ways :D
FlowerChild wrote:MCF would probably not approve of "you've got a massive spider-cock stuck in your throat" status effect.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Congrats FC!

It's been an interesting two years, it's sort of like watching a kid grow up and start walking. At the start you're like, "well that's an interesting diversion" now it's "wow it's basically a person". In the same way I think of BTW as it's own individual, a terrible, vengeful individual of course :).

God damn spiders.

Here's to another year of seeing what crazy stuff you have in store for the rest of us.

*cheers*
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

I'm proud to say I've been here for the long run; roughly page 150 on the MCF thread. Your determination, vision, and overall lack of care for petty bullshit has inspired me within my own life. Your mod has inspired creativity, ingenuity and all around fun.

Eternally thankful FC. Charge your glasses...
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
ion

Post by ion »

*grabs a piece of cake*
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

*Snags Ion's piece of cake*

Thanks for being the one thing that always brings me back to MC, the community you have built is strong, helpful and insightful. Thank you so very much! ^_^/
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Time to crack open a bottle of RUM!!!!

Mmmm.... Rum... Wolfchops anyone?
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

WOO PARTY!!!!
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Ow, I wish I was there back at this time... Didn't know it was BTW's birthday!
Then, erm, congratulations for your "son", Flowerchild... Happy birthday to "him"!
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

Well now, I was going to be doing revision all day, but I can't not play BTW all day on it's own birthday! Congratulations! Time to climb the tech tree :D
IGN: Matthew_OJ
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

Happy B-Day BTW!!

A huge thanks and gratz to Flowerchild and the community. Cheers!

I would dance in celebration but that is Flower...oh the heck with it. ***dances***
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Happy btw day to all ^^ Can't believe how quick time flies by!

Here's a song that fits with the new btw and it's cold calculating eyes :P

The lyrics sometimes are a perfect fit :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Already 2 years old. Man, time sure flies by when you're having fun.
Congratulations FC! Both for the mod and your unbreakable will.
Not to mention, the great community that spawned around the mod.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.