Eliminate the need for lighting up caves for mob spawners

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Fozzel

Eliminate the need for lighting up caves for mob spawners

Post by Fozzel »

I'm partly making this suggestion due to the new(ish) change which makes you only get 1 torch per coal, and partly because the whole concept of reducing spawn locations to make mobs spawn more in player-built traps seems kind of immersion-breaking. My idea of how to go about achieving this is to make mobs only naturally spawn within a certain radius (say 32 blocks) of the player, whilst adding a block to the game which can have mobs spawn on it no matter how far away from the player it is (or within the current 128-block radius).

The concept is that mobs only spawn near the player because of some eldritch influence he has on his surroundings, and the new block has some of this property too. I think the cost of these blocks should be pretty high, requiring soul urns and other late-game materials, to make up for the fact it would remove a large portion of the work currently involved in creating a mob spawner.
SterlingRed

Re: Eliminate the need for lighting up caves for mob spawner

Post by SterlingRed »

Fc, don't even bother reading the above unless you have the desire to kick puppies.

To the Op. Play the mod more and really try to understand the design intent behind mob spawn behavior in btw. Get to know the community and read some of the design topics to get a better understanding of the play style and difficulty the mod is designed for.
Suggestions are never welcome, and at this time in the mods development they are especially unwelcome.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Eliminate the need for lighting up caves for mob spawner

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:Fc, don't even bother reading the above unless you have the desire to kick puppies.
Wow, thanks man.

I had just begun reading the first sentence when my eye drifted down to the above, and I was able to immediately dismiss whatever was being said thus avoiding much of the pain it probably would have caused me.

Now I can confidently lock this thread and ban the poster with minimum hassle. You rule sir! :)