Somebody to Play Co-Op With

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Caevin

Somebody to Play Co-Op With

Post by Caevin »

So, I've tried playing on servers every so often. I get a bit bored and lonely playing solo in my own world, and so I want the company of others while playing. However, the experience I would prefer is just working to survive with one or a few people, and I can never seem to find that on the servers I've joined.

And so, I was wondering if anybody else wants to play just with one other person. Obviously it wouldn't be a dedicated server, but we could work out when we could both play and one of us could host. If you're up for it, feel free to post or pm me and we could work it out.
JakeZKAM

Re: Somebody to Play Co-Op With

Post by JakeZKAM »

What time zone are you in? I might be interested in a co-op yet I'm sorry to say my laptop is far from suitable for hosting.
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

My time zone UTC-8:00. I don't have the most fabulous laptop, but I have hosted a server before on it for my friend and I and it worked rather well. And as far as my schedule goes, I'm usually free after 6:00pm.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Sigh too much of a time zone difference then. Oh well :p
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

Fair enough, though if you are free to play at the moment it may not be that much of an issue.
Rampage_x

Post by Rampage_x »

Caevin wrote:So, I've tried playing on servers every so often. I get a bit bored and lonely playing solo in my own world, and so I want the company of others while playing. However, the experience I would prefer is just working to survive with one or a few people, and I can never seem to find that on the servers I've joined.

And so, I was wondering if anybody else wants to play just with one other person. Obviously it wouldn't be a dedicated server, but we could work out when we could both play and one of us could host. If you're up for it, feel free to post or pm me and we could work it out.

well for what it's worth, I already have a server going, and it's currently running the latest version of BTW.
My time zone is UTC-06:00 CST. I get on almost everyday after work.
FlowerChild wrote:
Conclusion: you sound like a twat when you adopt that kind of official tone :)

Thanks for the figures though.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Caevin wrote:Fair enough, though if you are free to play at the moment it may not be that much of an issue.
Only on weekends am I available at around this time. I get home late from work and that's my gaming time, which is even later for you unfortunately.
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

@Rampage_x

I appreciate the offer, but the problem is that I haven't enjoyed myself on any servers. I'd much rather play consistently with somebody, when were both guaranteed to be on and actually play together.
Rampage_x

Post by Rampage_x »

Caevin wrote:@Rampage_x

I appreciate the offer, but the problem is that I haven't enjoyed myself on any servers. I'd much rather play consistently with somebody, when were both guaranteed to be on and actually play together.

I wish you the best of luck with that. I spend 90% of the time playing by myself.
Anyways, the invite is always open, the details of the server is a few threads down.
FlowerChild wrote:
Conclusion: you sound like a twat when you adopt that kind of official tone :)

Thanks for the figures though.
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

UTC-8:00 is pacific, right? I am in central and get home from work around 8:30pm, so that'd be 6:30pm your time.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.