Moon based limited resource

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Milo

Moon based limited resource

Post by Milo »

A moon based game element has been theorised on these forums before and Mojang has now implemented one. With no apparent functionality in the game. Par for the course I guess.
I do believe it could add something to BTW though, even more thanks to recent changes. A resource that only spawns on the night of a full moon, and only in a specific place (abandoned villages, near desert wells, or witch's huts for example) and only a fixed number across the entire server each time would be a true limited resource. Something that doesn't exist right now. If that resource was needed to make something valuable, it would be interesting to fight over.
The Speed potion was removed because it made railroads obsolete when you can make a limitless supply. However, if the key ingredient only spawns in a fixed amount serverwide every 8 minecraft days, you're not going to use speed potions lightly. You'll want to hold on to one for when you have to run from a spider while at 3 hearts, or to have an opt-out from a PvP fight you're losing. And since the ingredient spawns at a fixed time, at a fixed location, it forces players into confrontation.

I've left out any specifics about what this ingredient could be, because FlowerChild has a vision that he's been pooring into BTW and if this little snippet of mine inspires him, he'd probably find a way to fit it into that.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Moon based limited resource

Post by FlowerChild »

Good bye.