New Release! (BTW 4.65) [*** NO SPOILERS ***]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
RezDev

Re: New Release! (BTW 4.65) [*** NO SPOILERS ***]

Post by RezDev »

Yes, I've played a little bit and, so far, the little tweaks have been---amazing.

Can't wait to see what else is in store for us...I'm all tingly...

Thanks, FC!
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

As someone that predominantly plays on peaceful, I've felt rather out of the loop with the mod for the last couple of months. I have always been somewhat restricted on what I can do without mob drops, relying on coming across temples and dungeons for things like bones in order to tame wolves.
I decided I'd had enough of this so I started a world playing on easy. I've been absolutely loving it. The processes required to obtain things is extended but not so much that it becomes a tedious grind. I've got an iron sword and pickaxe at this point and have stumbled upon an abandoned mineshaft. I found some melon seeds but lacked the iron to make a hoe. It was at this point that I did something rather unprecedented in minecraft, I made a gold hoe!
These last few updates have significantly renewed my interest in both the mod and the game and for that I thank you fc.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

I am looking very much forward to this! :D Gonna be recording and such as soon as I can. Thank you very much for this FC gonna be recording as soon as me and the gang decide where we are all gonna record from as far as a server for us all to play on. As soon as we get that all done myself and at least one other friend will be recording today and hopefully video up tonight. (EST -5) So in about 12+ hours :D

[This is not a promise as far as when I have a lot of things to work on with moving today. Luckily it is just 10 minutes from my old place, and I should have things in order by tonight.]
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
cubocta

Post by cubocta »

if u dont like the wood tools why you didn't stopped use them?
this sux
Kaitocain

Post by Kaitocain »

Took a quick glance through the changelog and I must say that I am very excited to get home and record a video of this. Expect something up tonight. As always, awesome work FlowerChild!
ScubaPlays

Post by ScubaPlays »

cubocta wrote:if u dont like the wood tools why you didn't stopped use them?
this sux
Give it an honest try. It may be a little more challenging (maybe) but in the end it creates a more rewarding experience. The Nomad experience is really an awesome part of the game now and part of me doesn't want to setting down and start a farm just because I'm having too much fun traveling.
Last edited by ScubaPlays on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

This question isn't really related to the latest release but it is relevant to the recent changes to the early game. Can you still get hemp seeds from hitting grass or do you need to use your hoe on the grass to get them?
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Simurgh

Post by Simurgh »

Husbag3 wrote:This question isn't really related to the latest release but it is relevant to the recent changes to the early game. Can you still get hemp seeds from hitting grass or do you need to use your hoe on the grass to get them?
Hmmm.. Dunno if that qualifies as a spoiler :p

Nah seriously though long grass is fine for hemp.

OT:

Wow. So many things I want to say are great but I can't. I've only played a few days into a new world and wow. Changes to furnaces and wood are pretty neat so far, especially the sound effect, I didn't even notice it was out of the ordinary till I read the patch notes. The things that I've noticed that I can't post about are immense, I had some serious WTF?! moments in there. I've noticed a few changes to the generated world I started in 4.64 and re-created fresh for 4.65b, unsure whether this is a bug or feature though, but can post details if you like. Nothing major, but I know you're really cautious with regards to world gen.
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

-Changed the furnace to burn fuel regardless of whether there are any items to cook in its inventory, for the same reason as above. This also makes furnace management more interesting in terms of avoiding wasting fuel, and furnaces automatically going out when they no longer have stuff to cook always felt rather meta-gamey anyways.
This I love. I always felt that if fuel was in the oven, it should burn.

Damn you Flowerchild, you are tempting me to come out of my self imposed youtube retirement to being recording my new adventures.
CreeperCannibal

Post by CreeperCannibal »

Loving the update already. :) I'm going to enjoy doing things.
"Kneel says the demon light
With its eye of coal
Sauron knows your license plate
And stares into your soul"
wizardglick

Post by wizardglick »

Well, looks like it's time for a new world tonight. And there I was, dangerously close to building a windmill. (Never did find a village, though)
RedNoob

Post by RedNoob »

FlowerChild wrote:-Changed the bucket recipe to use 7 iron nuggets in a 'U' pattern, instead of 3 iron ingots, to better balance it for the recent changes to iron.
Doesn't this conflict with the vanilla cauldron (btw renamed it to: cistern) recipe?

I was on hollidays for the last 2 weeks, so I may have missed something. Just downloaded the lates version and went through the redme but could not find something so far ;)

And well, as mentioned so often: Its just impressing how FC makes Minecraft the Game WE ALL HERE realy want to play ;)
Last edited by RedNoob on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Cool update FC! I'm going to have fun looking into the unlisted surprises tonight when I get home!
RedNoob wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:-Changed the bucket recipe to use 7 iron nuggets in a 'U' pattern, instead of 3 iron ingots, to better balance it for the recent changes to iron.
Doesn't this conflict with the vanilla cauldron (btw renamed it to: cistern) recipe?
Vanilla cistern and BTW cauldron take ingots. The bucket only needs nuggets.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

RedNoob wrote:
No, because the cistern uses ingots, not nuggets in the recipe.

By the way, this release is looking friggin' epic! I can't wait to try it out when I have some more time!
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
RedNoob

Post by RedNoob »

I shell read through the notes properly next time -.- !!!
I'm sorry for that!
ThePowerofTower

Post by ThePowerofTower »

Yhetti wrote:
ThePowerofTower wrote:Chocolate milk... Check. Chocolate covered bananas... Check. Chocolate covered strawberries... Check. Chocolate soul urns... Check. Chocolate covered caramel with chocolate bits... Chocolate. Fresh pair of undies (sans cocoa)... Check. Ready to play the update, boss ;P
Teach me what you know. $_$

Can I use this as my sig?
Indeed you may! :)
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

It was 10:30pm and i was lying in bed
"hmm.. what might FC have brought during today?"
looks at change log knowing that this soul cannot play till the next day due to exhaustion.
Honest to goodness has dreams and nightmares about playing Better than Wolves.
Mainly nightmares. I swear
0player

Post by 0player »

I haven't played the release myself (waiting for server to update), but I watched the first video so far and I should say: FC, what a brilliant change of the number of uses for wooden pickaxe! Believe it or not, it's the exact same amount I usually mine with it, and then I burn it or forget it or something, although I suspect many can relate to this.
snip. wtf? -Flower
PS: Better Than Wolves, bringing people World Restart Syndrome three versions in a row? YOU HAVE BECOME WHAT YOU LOATHED MOST! :)
Mud

Post by Mud »

Running around in leather armor, cleaving skulls with a stone axe really adds to the nomadic flavor.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

After seeing all those huge releases lately I just had to finally fix my Minecraft and go back to playing BTW. Needless to say: This is amazing. You are amazing. I am very afraid right now.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Arg! I'm such a noob!

I just realized I totally dropped the ball on labeling the hoe changes as "Hardcore Hoes" :( :( :(

EDIT: Well, at least I was able to mark this release as the "Hardcore Wood & Hoes" one in the MCF thread title to salvage the day :)
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

Edit - Crap. Wrong forum. Ignore me :P
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

LOL!

"hardcore wood"
"hardcore hoes"

FC you make my everyday :)
Gears

Post by Gears »

-Changed melon and pumpkin stems to not drop seeds when they are harvested to prevent exploits. Seeds can only be obtained from the melons and pumpkins themselves. If you kill the plant before it produces fruit, well...tough luck :)
That never made much sense in the first place. Thanks for changing that.

All in all, cheers mate! Looking forward to playing this.
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
xou816

Post by xou816 »

An amazing release, as always! But this one is truly epic. Wow!
Thank you Flowerchild! :)