New Release! (BTW 4.65) [*** NO SPOILERS ***]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
canihassahug

Re: New Release! (BTW 4.65) [*** NO SPOILERS ***]

Post by canihassahug »

I really want to play this, but i updated mc, and forgot to keep a copy of 1.4.7 :P
And mcnostalgia only goes back to 1.4.6 back :P
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

canihassahug wrote:I really want to play this, but i updated mc, and forgot to keep a copy of 1.4.7 :P
http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_7/minecraft.jar
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Bluephoenix49 wrote:The download link isn't working for me :'(
This really isn't the place to complain about it man. Get ye to tech support and stop cluttering this thread.
canihassahug wrote:I really want to play this, but i updated mc, and forgot to keep a copy of 1.4.7 :P
Nor is it the place to bitch about this.
NotEvenOdd

Post by NotEvenOdd »

I've recently started a new world to play the new release and I must say I'm really enjoying the experience. HCH and HCS have added a new depth of challenge to the game which I think is more than fitting.

However, I'm concerned with one aspect. The last few releases have introduced an almost obligatory focus on finding an inhabited village. The problem is, I strongly feel that the abandoned variant is having a detrimental effect to the overall experience. I've come to this conclusion because of three main factors: time to locate the villages, the decline of desirable building space (since these villages are an useless eyesore) and the probability that villages will contain the vital crops needed to advance.

After spending most of my day trying to locate inhabited villages, only to find abandoned ones, I resorted to using a third party program and teleportation to find one. Infuriatingly, this 'cheating' method brought me no luck. I'm very fond of the latest releases but from my game play experience I don't see any potential in the abandoned villages. I believe this should be brought to your attention and that is why I've posted here today.

Other than that, many thanks for another exciting update.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

This has already been discussed in many places on these forums, so you aren't bringing anything new to the table.

There is no need to find a village other than the one you are (mistakingly) perceiving. Thus it is your perceptions that are the issue here, not the villages.

I'd prefer not to get into that yet again here, so if it is a topic that interests you, I recommend searching the forum for the relevant discussions.
ion

Post by ion »

great update, got lot's of fun playing with it.
i'll post here the blocks that don't get an item assigned to them for breaking.
glass blocks, glowstone, button ( wooden and stone), lever, ladders and pistons.
there is also shears no longer working on wool blocks, but this may be a feature.
anyway, thanks for your work!
peanut3k

Post by peanut3k »

Decided to create an account here to hopefully join in on a few conversations and to also say that this is, by far, the best mod I have ever played.

Putting background info in spoiler for those who don't want to read it:
Spoiler
Show
I first got this when it was 4.56 and hadn't updated since. But, once I saw this update along with the ones before it, I had to download it again. The newest tweaks combined with HCH are pure genius! After starting a new world, I found myself unable to settle in an area immediately due to the fact that, for the first time ever, I actually had to move from a Plains biome I settled at early on due to a lack of food, thanks to the slowed pumpkin/melon growing and one of your recent mob tweaks. Without a stone sword, another of the devious tweaks got me killed by a spider as I attempted to sprint away at night to get as far away as I could on my search for a village. Now around 2000-3000 blocks from spawn.

I've never had so much fun in Minecraft before Better Than Wolves and I didn't think it was possible to improve upon what I already saw as the perfect mod. The tweaks to mobs are perfect, and really encourage the use of bows to take out mobs. The new importance to coal and iron, coupled with the torch nerf, has made mining much more fun and, at the same time, dangerous. The tweaks to stone, wood, and iron durability have actually given an incentive to making an iron pick (I always used stone). The new importance to iron has also created the intended effect of making decisions (Should I get a cauldron or tools?). In short, astounding job and I can't wait for next release!
Lastly, thank you for this brilliant mod!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

peanut3k wrote:Lastly, thank you for this brilliant mod!
You're most welcome man, and welcome to the forums :)
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

Well good god. This has been the most challenging and thrilling update I've ever experienced. Survival now actually includes SURVIVING.

I'm revelling at my own luck at the moment, as despite having no form of house and some basic stone tools, a random swing at a passing bat has given me a feather falling scroll already! First bat I've killed in MC I think!

Thanks as always FC.
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
KittenToaster

Post by KittenToaster »

Blazara wrote:Survival now actually includes SURVIVING. ...8<... Thanks as always FC.
Just wanted to reiterate the above.

A few key moments / thoughts from the newly created 4.65b map;

First use for iron was a Hoe and then 2 x shears for vines. (Hello mob trap!) nobody has armor or even an iron pickaxe yet.
"Did you take the wood out of the furnace?", "Nope." , "Shite." The emotions connected in that conversation were akin to leaving the oven or iron turned on at home, a few virtual blocks of wood actually have some value now.
Mushroom farm turned into a mob spawner - mostly due to my miscalculations with lighting, but good times were had! ;)
Everywhere I look there are either half slabs or stairs, jumping has been banned for obvious reasons and that seems to have had a big impact when planning access to buildings / mineshafts, not sure if that was intended but regardless it did make me reconsider some of my builds.

vMC needed somebody with your gumption to show Mojang the development direction that Minecraft should and could have taken, and in one "minor" update you blew them out of the water.

Hats off to you FC ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

KittenToaster wrote:Everywhere I look there are either half slabs or stairs, jumping has been banned for obvious reasons and that seems to have had a big impact when planning access to buildings / mineshafts, not sure if that was intended but regardless it did make me reconsider some of my builds.
Hehe...yes, indeed it was. Stairs looked nice and all, but having an actual practical use to them is way better IMO :)
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Sorry to be so late chiming in, but was planning to play with my son when he recorded, and we both wanted to go into things cold. You made minecraft a game, and survival a challenge. It is possible that one of the most interesting times was had in a way that was only mildly connected to HCH and the new changes though. Just a hint for all of you, if you take wolves with you, know when to make them sit. Poor Max. Poor Me. Poor stuff.

This update makes you change the way you think about everything. I may be becoming paranoid now, but that is a good thing. Wonderful job man. Can't wait to get back to playing. Wonder if I could call in to work saying I got blown up...
tyr116

Post by tyr116 »

Hmmm..... Now where's my thirst bar? And we need alchahol. jk XD
Great release FC!
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

tyr116 wrote:Hmmm..... Now where's my thirst bar? And we need alchahol. jk XD
Great release FC!

When you start spelling alcohol like that, you don't need any more :P

On a side note, I realize this was from a few updates ago, but desert temples look great now. The changes made were much needed, I feel. Currently trying to live in one :)
tedium

Post by tedium »

it's just wow. been a while (maybe 4.35?) since i started a new game from scratch and it's amazing. i spend most of my day worrying about food, especially now that i've hunted to crap out of my local thousand blocks and found that all four nearby villages were abandoned. i've been living on a strict eggs and melons and milk diet recently, but i'm trying to save up enough food to feel safe on a proper expedition. i'm going to take a boat down the nearby river and hope i find either a new bunch of game to hunt, or a village with some wheat and hopefully a vegetable patch or two. it's almost like a real-life sim now. thanks again flowerchild! :)
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
Minecraftgeek70

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

WOW ! I go away to Paris for the week with the Mrs and come back to 24 carat solid awesome XD

I love the new features, as said above by numerous people before I have to reiterate .. Flowerchild took a fun toy called minecraft and made it into a challenging game!

superb stuff.