New Release! (BTW V4.64)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Kaitocain

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.64)

Post by Kaitocain »

Very happy about this newest update. Made me want to abandon my current base and go out and pretty much start over in the wilds with nothing but the shirt on my back. Good job FC!
-J-

Post by -J- »

Great update FC! Maybe a bit too hardcore for my liking but it'll grow on me eventually. Found a village that serves as my temporary base of operations until I can get my tech on. However, I noticed that I couldn't adjust the placement of sidings, mouldings or corners. Anyone else got the same problem?
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
Kaitocain

Post by Kaitocain »

-J- wrote:Great update FC! Maybe a bit too hardcore for my liking but it'll grow on me eventually. Found a village that serves as my temporary base of operations until I can get my tech on. However, I noticed that I couldn't adjust the placement of sidings, mouldings or corners. Anyone else got the same problem?
Read the changelog of the last few updates. :)

Anyways, I played a bit more and I think I have me a mobtrap idea, if I can keep myself from drowning or starving. We will see. Still don't know what I'm supposed to do with the [REDACTED] but I'm feeling its akin to the HC Beds change making that item not usable at all. Maybe I'm wrong?

Edit: Totally realized that I was sorta kinda backseat modding with the "Changelog" statement. Not intending to step on any toes and I apologize if I have.
-J-

Post by -J- »

Oh. Righto. Bummer.
By the way, it's somewhat ironic that with the 4.64 installed the wolves are actually pretty handy with the hc hunger etc. I've honestly never used wolves as companions due to the easy combat in vanilla. But now I do.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Indeed! I actually had a wolf save my life. I had just come back from an expedition where I had acquired two wolves and one was sitting nearby. My health had not fully recovered so when a skeleton ambushed me I was already down to hurt on the first hit. No sprinting and I was in the open with no cover. Thinking quickly I right-clicked on my wolf and then blocked with my sword. The next hit brought me down to wounded but then the wolf was off to fight in my name! After the wolf killed it I slowly limped back into my house and shut the door behind me while I slowly recuperated from my wounds. Thank you wolf. And thank you flowerchild for helping this game to realize it's full potential. :D
ThePuzzleMasher

Post by ThePuzzleMasher »

Sarudak wrote:Indeed! I actually had a wolf save my life.
Me too... after I ate it. :)
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:-Added ability for Vases to blow up if they are broken while containing Blasting Oil.
Gunnerman21 wrote:This will also make Link from the Zelda series cower in fear
Which I bet all those pottery making families will love
Minecraftgeek70

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

FlowerChild wrote: Changed a little something something in a way that will be left for players to discover.
This is the change I'm most excited about. I have learnt that the less FC says about something the cooler it's likely to be XD .. no idea what the something something is... but am sure it'll be fun XD
ScubaPlays

Post by ScubaPlays »

Sarudak wrote:I actually had a wolf save my life.
I'm still in the nomadic stages of my new world and whenever I find a temple I make sure to gather all the bones (I've found a lot more temple than I have villages (5:1 so far)). I currently have an army of wolves following me where ever I go. With that and leather armor I currently have almost no fear of the night (built a little hut to do some fishing to grab cats to keep creepers away which are about the only thing right now that do mess up my wolves). To feed them I usually just find a herd of cows or pigs and tag them (hitting them once) with my sword, then letting my wolves kill them the rest of the way and eat the meat that has fallen on the ground (I already have several stacks of cooked meat of every type).
pfc calico

Post by pfc calico »

Just wondering if anyone has had a run of bad luck finding "live" villages in that of the 5 i have found so far in my world the majority of which are over 1000 blocks away from spawn have all been "dead" now is that bad luck for me?

also i seem to find temples alot more often as well, although would be nice along with the dead villages to have plundered ruins where the chests have nothing useful in at all; i say this as i was recording my let's play i came across a temple within the first day and it had diamonds, bones, emeralds and some rotten flesh. the emeralds obviously gave me an advantage in trade, diamonds for either a pick or sword and the over abundance of bones would be a boon for farming and wolf taming. essentially all that for free.

sorry for going a little off-topic but my main concern is not finding a live village (which i need for my let's play) even over 1000 blocks away i dont know exactly how far i traveled but it was definately in excess of 1000 blocks if not 2000.
Remuthra

Post by Remuthra »

I haven't even played around with it yet but I'm so happy about that torch change :D.
It's always nice to see something that makes the game harder or makes the ascent to the pinnacle of the game harder, and this change sounds like it might mean charcoal is actually neccesary, as opposed to being something you never need once you've got your 10 stacks of coal.

The fact that wolves are beneficial to helping you survive now makes me think in the future a sort of challenge might be developed where some people specifically avoided unneccesary wolf use, because it makes the game more challenging.
FlowerChild:I'm not going to hold back on having rampaging hordes lobbing greek fire into your base if I so desire, because you want to build a tree house.
pfc calico

Post by pfc calico »

just a little update, did some more exploring in different directions north and east mainly and more of the villages i came across were dead however the first village south from spawn on the next continent was alive and so was the next two south on the same continent. just a little more info as well, the first village south was about the same distance from spawn as the crow flies as the first village east. can anyone verify that villager state not direction dependent?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

pfc calico wrote:just a little update, did some more exploring in different directions north and east mainly and more of the villages i came across were dead however the first village south from spawn on the next continent was alive and so was the next two south on the same continent. just a little more info as well, the first village south was about the same distance from spawn as the crow flies as the first village east. can anyone verify that villager state not direction dependent?
If you want to discuss stuff like this: start a thread for it. Don't just spam the release thread please.
Chomamonka

Post by Chomamonka »

hmmmmmmmmmm, does this "something somthing" have any thing to do with

(content locked away in a secret government compound)
Last edited by Chomamonka on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Chomamonka wrote:<snip>
No spoilers in release threads please.
Chomamonka

Post by Chomamonka »

Sorry, where would you like that? (if it's not to much trouble? :))
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Make a thread with spoilers. Or if there's one already about the topic then post there. In any case leave the release thread alone please.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Finally got a chance to spend some time with this release. I want to say the balance of coal feels great! I simulated a 'restart' experience at a living village. I found myself having to really carefully choose how to efficiently light up the village with the little surface cave coal I had found nearby. I discovered that for the first time in my minecraft experience, I was actually out of coal. Daytime was split between logging to use as fuel, farming a bit, and shoring up the village. Nighttime I spent mining, cooking, etc. At one point I was out of torches, out of nearby known cave systems, and low on my food stock. I had to use the little food I had to try mining for a coal vein. In so doing I exhausted my food, and the villagers began looking mighty tasty. Needless to say, I ate a few with trades I didn't care for, which also helped make defending the place easier as I had fewer houses to keep track of. It was an interesting experience and led to a lot of decisions I wouldn't normally have to make. Thanks FC!