New Release! (BTW V4.62)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.62)

Post by FlowerChild »

DrakenMinisco wrote:First post on for me around here, been using BTW mod for some time now, stopped playing minecraft for about a month just came back and I am very pleased with your work. Keep up the good work.

Can't seem to find it on the site, but did you remove wheat seeds from grass drops? Just started on a fresh install and found around 35 hemp seeds but not a single wheat seed. Thought maybe you changed how the seeds dropped, as I stated haven't played in a while
Yup, I did that with 4.60. If you have a question like this, the first place to check is the change log in the readme. If you do a find from the top (most recent releases are at the top) on "wheat" for example, you'll quickly find the item in question.
kilgore trout

Post by kilgore trout »

My oh my! The last run of changes has really improved the game such an awe inspiring amount. My hat goes off to you, FC!
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Was the Mushroom Omelet intentionally using the same texture as Blasting Oil? Because the two provide very different outcomes when you start getting hungry and think you have a tasty Omelet...lol. I actually don't think it's a problem, I would hope people would read the item, and keep these far from each other anyway. I was doing textures for my texture pack when I noticed the two used very similar textures, and suddenly I though of very funny scenarios.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Man, these recent releases are awesome! HCH really takes away the feeling of godliness and levels the playing field, making Steve feel like just another creature struggling to survive. Keep up the awesome work!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Nelgoth

Post by Nelgoth »

I wanted to stop by and let you know I have been plying BTW for almost a year and have loved it. It seems like every time I have wished for a hardcore feature, you have read my thoughts and implemented it in some way. (Kinda scary actually)

These last two updates have been stellar. HCH's mechanics are genius and the balance to iron is sure to be awesome. (Now I can go use the stacks of leather on which I have been sitting.) I will be saying Thank You with a donation on payday.
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

Dude. Everything in this patch is god damned brilliant. The weighted armor and chainmail availability especially. You're making this game go to 11.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
RezDev

Post by RezDev »

Good lord...mind=blown.

Lots of amazing changes, FC; can't wait to try them out.
-Added the Iron Nugget as a new item. It is created by smelting iron ore (which produces a nugget instead of an ingot) or by dropping an iron ingot into the crafting grid.
This made me smile, as it's a suggestion I've been sitting on for a couple of months now (I promised myself I would stay away from that sub-forum :) ). Glad to know I was thinking in the right direction.
-Lastly, whether or not a cow can be milked will be visually indicated by the size of its udder, and both particles and sounds have been added to the milking process for greater player immersion.
Yay for "greater player immersion." :D
-Removed easter-egg head drops from pigs. Sorry guys, but that gag had run its course ;)
awwww... ;)

Thanks for the recent updates, man, the early game is finally getting the attention it needs. Excellent work.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

FlowerChild wrote:(...) I hate rushing decisions (...)

Anyways, will continue to ponder :)
Yeah that's what I figured ;-)
Thanks for the answer :-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Alright, I used a hardcore respawn as an opportunity to play the early game a bit to get a better feel for hch and the iron changes together. Man I love it! Felt really natural and it really doesn't take too long to get enough iron for tools/compass. The time it takes to get tools/compass and enough food to begin heading toward spawn or nomading for villages feels right. I've also noticed that even though coal is absurdly abundant, the iron ore to iron nuggets now effectively requires 9x more coal to get iron ingots than before. This further increases the value of auto kilns late game.

Good work man, all of this is sheer brilliance!

Also, mystery meat...haha lol. Absolutely a feature I'd expect you to add. And it makes sense of course even though its a little...disconcerting
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote: Also, mystery meat...haha lol. Absolutely a feature I'd expect you to add. And it makes sense of course even though its a little...disconcerting
Hehe...thanks man. There was so much hardcore content in that last release that I think it's taking people awhile to also notice there's a lot of humor in it as well :)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

FlowerChild wrote: Hehe...thanks man. There was so much hardcore content in that last release that I think it's taking people awhile to also notice there's a lot of humor in it as well :)
Well I think with the amusement hardcore lactation provides, the subtleties of mystery meat may take a bit to catch on :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:Well I think with the amusement hardcore lactation provides, the subtleties of mystery meat may take a bit to catch on :)
I will admit to running around milking waaaay too many cows while "testing" Hardcore Lactation ;)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FlowerChild wrote:and less of a "gag" item
I see what you did there.
FlowerChild wrote:Your god can't hear your screams of pleasure and pain here.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Charzy

Post by Charzy »

FlowerChild wrote: -Changed the flint & steel recipe to use an iron nugget instead of an ingot, and made it shapeless.

You are an amazing person.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Charzy wrote:
FlowerChild wrote: -Changed the flint & steel recipe to use an iron nugget instead of an ingot, and made it shapeless.

You are an amazing person.
This. Because making a flint & steel in one whot in MC is like trying to insert a usb key into its slot the good way the first time : impossible.
Thank you (a thousand times).
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Mud

Post by Mud »

I'm tempted to start another world for this release as I was able to find a village and acquire nearly a stack of iron bars in the short time between the release 4.61 and the release 4.62, but I think I'll wait and see what 4.63 brings.
wirer

Post by wirer »

Then again, dungeons and temples have iron ingots as loot. when 4.61 came out i started a new world to try out HCH. found a dungeon and a desert temple, resulting in about 30+ iron ingots looted and stored in my main base.

Really does make finding a structure more worthwhile, in a sense.
Mud

Post by Mud »

wirer wrote:Then again, dungeons and temples have iron ingots as loot. when 4.61 came out i started a new world to try out HCH. found a dungeon and a desert temple, resulting in about 30+ iron ingots looted and stored in my main base.

Really does make finding a structure more worthwhile, in a sense.
Also Bones.

Finding Bones in a chest in VMC: "Great..."
Finding Bones in a chest in BTW: "GREAT!"
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Holy crap! Now that's really giving purpose back to all of the items in the game.. not to mention making chain mail actually worth the hassle. I'm really expecting to see the sponge block given a purpose in a future change log.. heh..

I haven't had much tie to play on my main world but I'm about to go throw all of my stuf in a chest, make sure HCSp is on and jump off a cliff.. well no cliffs by my beach house, but maybe walk out into the ocean instead.. or throw myself into my murder pit... Or off my windmill.. You get the point.

Now I don't have a complete base by any means. The village was genned pre-carrots, and I've never gone searching for another village, honestly I've been wanting to find them in a dungeon. And I have little to no automation set up. I've been focusing on tera-forming and wall building around my village and it is a project I would love to find and be able to come back to, but only after getting back up to SFS in a new place.

Great work and I look forward to the new experience!
xTexasfanx

Post by xTexasfanx »

I have been playing on a BTW server for a little while now and I have loved it. But now with the update eating has become very annoying. It seems like you spend more time eating then actually mining, building and walking. I am hoping this will be changed back soon. Because this will ruin the game for me.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

xTexasfanx wrote:I have been playing on a BTW server for a little while now and I have loved it. But now with the update eating has become very annoying. It seems like you spend more time eating then actually mining, building and walking. I am hoping this will be changed back soon. Because this will ruin the game for me.
Excellent. I could do with one less of you.
Gears

Post by Gears »

This looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. Cheers mate!
FlowerChild wrote:
BlackCat wrote:Mother of god....
Your god can't hear your screams of pleasure and pain here.
Slaanesh doesn't heed to the mortals' cries.
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

For me, what is very curious is that I never liked this kind of features so I thougth that hardcore hunger was going to be an anoyance that i would have no choice to avoid. I was ok with it. The other parts of the mod made the effort of playing worth. But, surprisingly, I have really enjoyed these last releases. So I can't say anything else than good work.
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

I've only played with HCH on for less than two hours so far (laptop is working again... for now.) I've found that the amount of time you take eating feels pretty natural so far, and makes me concentrate more on the task at hand than wasting time by getting distracted... Also, funny moment - I didn't memorise the changelog, and almost drowned outside my front door immediately after logging in :P Nothing like a near-death experience to remind you you're playing BTW and not Minecraft...
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Yeah, I agree about the amount of eating. I really like how you actually have to bring substantial food to go caving, instead of just feeding off the zombies.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!