Beacon to speed crop growth.

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
emptychild

Beacon to speed crop growth.

Post by emptychild »

With the changes to the time it takes crops to grow in HC hunger it would seem like a reasonably powerful beacon effect to accelerate plant growth via a fertilizer beacon. With the dung beacon being pretty much a joke at the moment I think it would be an excellent in game use for it. (removing the poison and dizziness effect of course) It would be easy to include a side effect as well as most players wouldn't want their base overrun with tall grass late in the game and the beacon could accelerate those types of plants growing as well. Plus as an added bonus think of all that extra poop you'd be making players pick up. :)
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Beacon to speed crop growth.

Post by Sarudak »

And destroy the interesting mechanics surrounding bonemeal?
emptychild

Post by emptychild »

It could compliment the mechanic surrounding bonemeal. By your logic the night vision beacon destroys the interesting mechanic of the night vision potion and the true sight beacon destroys the interesting mechanic of the ender spectacles. Most beacons replace or complement another mechanic already in game.
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

True. But both of those cases are about a personal focused power versus an area focused power. Bonemeal is something that is already about construction requiring additional dispensers and wiring. Putting that in a beacon would make bonemeal basically obselete. Potions and ender spectacles will never be obsolete because you can carry those around with you to use where you don't have a beacon. Furthermore potions and ender spectacles are far less interesting overall than the bonemeal mechanics.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

I don't see how the dung beacon is a joke, at least in anarchy? It draws in your opponents like a giant arrow saying "base here" and then weakens them for their efforts allowing you to pick them off.

As for them speeding crop growth... I can see it, but why? It's not more fun to stick down a couple hundred blocks than to auto-fertilize and from a logic point of view, there's only so much fertilizer you can put on a plant.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

emptychild wrote:With the dung beacon being pretty much a joke at the moment I think it would be an excellent in game use for it.
It's *intended* as a joke, and please read the rules about making suggestions to give useless features a use.

Aside from that: not interested in this one.