Hardcore Spawn Request for Info

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Hardcore Spawn Request for Info

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, so it's beginning to look like HC Spawn may be cycling through a series of spawn points rather than choosing one that is entirely random.

However, there's a possibility this info is totally coincidental, so I just want to put it out there and ask if people are finding the same thing or if they're getting a totally random spawn location each time.

If you could also state whether your experience is based on SSP or SMP, I'd be much obliged.
Battosay

Re: Hardcore Spawn Request for Info

Post by Battosay »

My 12 or so deaths on the server always made me spawn in the same 3-4 spots, so I'd say that it is not coincidental.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:My 12 or so deaths on the server
Newb :)
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

It's hard to tell because, aside from one instance, I have invariably been placed somewhere south of spawn, where there is a rather large jungle. Most of my spawns have looked 'samey'.

Nevertheless, I can think of 6-7 unique places I have been spawned out of 9 or so deaths.

I have spawned twice (non-sequentially) on a small island. I have also spawned 3 times (also non-sequentially) in a small desert near the jungle, and 2 of these times were close enough that they could have easily been within the same chunk.

Edit: This is in SSP.
ThePuzzleMasher

Post by ThePuzzleMasher »

I died and respawned in a certain spot far from the original spawn, after a few weeks in minecraft time I accidentally died then I respawned in the exact same spot.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:-Added ability for Vases to blow up if they are broken while containing Blasting Oil.
Gunnerman21 wrote:This will also make Link from the Zelda series cower in fear
Which I bet all those pottery making families will love
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I just made some changes to the HC Spawn code and installed them on the official server. If anyone who plays there cares to join me and hammer on it a bit, I'd be much obliged.

My first death/respawn just took me to a location I've never been to before, so it looks like it's working, but it's the kind of thing that needs many iterations to really be certain of, so the more, the merrier :)
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

I tend to respawn in only about 3 areas, though sometimes(rarely) I end up someplace I've never been before.

On the other hand, my small amount of respawn areas may be a result of my original spawn being in the middle of an ocean, on a small island.

Edit: SSP
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Over the course of several weeks on Benavov's server, nearly half of my spawns were in the same three spots, although it seemed to focus on one spot in particular.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

I have spawned (in my SSP world) in the same place, or at least the same general area, multiple times. There have been two times I spawned just a couple hundred blocks to the west of my spawn in what looked like the same place (these were a long time apart), and I've spawned maybe 3-4 times close enough to the path of cobble blocks from a previous spawn point that I could just follow that back home without needing a compass. I was playing around with the SFS beacon at the time though, so the time between those deaths might have been kind of small. It was a while ago and I don't remember it all super clearly. The last time I died was in a totally new place though, and I think the last few times before that were places I didn't recognize, but those times I had died in the nether or end, and since I had a pretty large SFS beacon, I just killed myself where I spawned to get back home via the beacon. (I didn't do this the last time since I had bound myself to a beacon in the End, and so I was no longer bound to the one in the overworld)

So TL;DR, I've ended up in the same general area enough times that I've noticed it.

I haven't died a whole lot though, so it could be a coincidence. There is also a good amount of ocean near my spawn, so that could be a factor.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

It's cool guys. I think we have it fixed. It'll take some more time to tell for certain, but it really looks like we're seeing areas we never have before on the official server.

Thanks for helping out with the diagnostic.
emptychild

Post by emptychild »

This seems like it would be easy to test... Install a minimap mod (for the sake of testing. Not for actual gameplay) and die a bunch of times. Each time you die set a waypoint. Rinse repeat until you're happy that you have a large enough data pool.
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

Before we turned it off in Wasteland, it was pretty clear there was some cycling involved.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

So I've died 3 times since the HC spawn update on the server. I have spawned in 3 new, unique spots that has no sign of life what so ever.
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or some unique occurence but I respawned about 30 blocks below the surface. By the time I broke the stone suffocating me I was at half a heart. haha. The first time I died, I think the screen was very dark for about 15 seconds which makes me think it started me inside stone as well but moved me up. The second time I died (the time I spawned in stone and nearly died) the time was longer so I logged out and logged back in. That may have been the cause.

I didn't want to post this in the bug report because I'm not sure if its a vanilla thing or if HC spawn is directly responsible.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Post it to tech support man. Necroing a largely unrelated thread is not the way to go.