Render player/zombie heads into skulls with stoked cauldron

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
ehsanmp

Render player/zombie heads into skulls with stoked cauldron

Post by ehsanmp »

Again, I'll keep it succinct.

Overmind/Slowpoke/Lexmanos skulls can really build up with auto pig farms, as of the moment i just filter and destroy them.

What about the option to render their faces off in a stoked cauldron, or crucible if you feel it fits better for getting rid of organic matter, and then one can grind the subsequent skulls for bonemeal?
DaveYanakov

Re: Render player/zombie heads into skulls with stoked cauld

Post by DaveYanakov »

Or you could just toss them into the fire itself. Just sayin'

Bonemeal is not exactly in short supply if you've got a mob trap up and running. If you really want to do something like this, the hooks are right there in the cauldron code.
Better is the enemy of Good
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

All that does is give you a higher skull drop rate, effectively.

"Give a useless item a use" is not exactly a good reason to do something. The completionist in me doesn't like that, but it's okay. There are many uses of the heads. I think they prevent spawns...

Native Americans used every part of the animal - but in this case, these are things that should be thrown away. It's...more symbolic.

Afterthought: "Mmm, scrapple."
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Nah man, the heads were intended as an easter-egg, not as a source of resources.

If I were to do anything with the heads in the long term it would likely be more along the lines of ripping them out as a joke that has eventually run its course rather than expanding on the concept.

Going the opposite route would be akin to me making the Companion Cube a part of the tech tree or something.

And yes, the above poster was right. If you consult the forum rules "give a use to useless item" suggestions are frowned upon.