Spinning wool into textiles

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
MrPlatypus

Spinning wool into textiles

Post by MrPlatypus »

My idea is basically to give wool, a currently aesthetic block, some functionality and use in the game.

I was thinking that somewhere down the tech tree one could create a machine that when given mechanical power, could spin string into textiles or fabric that could be used for crafting clothes and for an alternate (and possibly more efficient) recipe for making wind mills.

This addition could also be coupled with removing the current recipe for rendering wool into string, and adding a new "wool fiber" item. It is also a possibility that when a sheep is sheared, it yields clumps of wool that can be strung into fiber or crafted into blocks.

I understand that FC is wrapping up BTW, but I think this addition would make sheep farms more practical and add some verisimilitude to this already incredible mod.
DaveYanakov

Re: Spinning wool into textiles

Post by DaveYanakov »

For one, wool makes really terrible sail cloth. It's stretchy, ridiculously heavy for the size of the sail and deteriorates very quickly in weather.

For two, there is nothing in the mod to indicate that coding in a parallel tech tree to do the exact same things as hemp would be a good investment of Flowerchild's finite lifespan. If you want to wear clothes, edit your skin or wear leather.

And I believe that is all that needs to be said on this topic.
Better is the enemy of Good
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

Understandable.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You would have also been well served to read the sub-forum rules before posting this.