Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
EpicAaron

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by EpicAaron »

Aradgrad already has farmers, blacksmiths, and a scientist. Whether we are making it the centralized villager hub or not, Arad and I will be building a trading area for them anyway.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Okay, great to know, Aaron! You guys are okay with others using them, once you figure out what's what? I think I have butchers at my place and can bring them down if you want.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

just thought i'd chime in.
Not sure if its helpful but when i left i had about 10 villagers boxed in near my village project.
If they're still there you're welcome to use them if you need them.
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

Just wanted to let you all know, I will be taking a brief brake from the servers to consolidate some things in my personal life for the next week, possibly two. Also, on a different note, there are several villagers in Rosewood, including a farmer, scientist, and a librarian if my memory serves me.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Hey, i know that i am no longer able to switch between Survival and Creative but unfortunately im suck in creative now and cant play. Could someone maybe help me out? Also who made the Titan V Ship because that is one of the most amazing builds i have ever seen.
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

I'll try to fix that for you, but I'll need a time when you are on to do so. I play in PST (Pacific standard time), so let me know if you can work out a time.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

SerraNova wrote: Good point about the transport. I just checked Hammersley, and you're right, there are no villagers there already. The next closest place would be yours, really. Do you happen to have all the colors? If you're close, I wouldn't mind transporting another villager or two over water, as long as they are ones that we can afford to lose if things go wrong. I think my other vote would be for Aradgrad- it's the closest city to spawn in Constaquara, and it has the whole continent to draw from if it needs more colors.
Tobu has only the two Villagers you nicely brought over. A farmer and a blacksmith. They run my coffee machine in the library.

The Villagers I own are all in Agares Market in Pittsburgh, which is pretty far from spawn. Its unlikely that I'll ever move them. Getting them underground was a pain to begin with.

Making Hammersly a Villager central sounds nice, but I predict that that particular project will end up as one of those projects where you dream big and are very slow(read: not happening) to deliver. The intercontinental bridge would happen first as a requisite anyway.

For now, I think the villager central project will need extensive planning and gathering of materials. We need an architect.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote:
DiamondArms wrote:
ryoloth wrote:
As long as we are all throwing out suggestions as to where to put our minions.. ehem.. villagers. Might I recommend the Duron mountains? :) while out of the way for most, it would be good for the vanilla chunk economy to have visitors ;)
1) Equally inconvenient for everyone except you.

2) I still need directions there. Your nether tunnel is still incomplete.

3) Get Villagers, then we can talk. No one is going to move those villagers across anytime soon, mostly because there is no way across.

4) Vanilla Chunk has no economy. It has you. Unless Duron Mountain is going to become some sort of Tourist destination/Amusement Park, there will be no economy.

5) We're getting nowhere with this discussion. The idea was to come up with a single location that we could fit villagers into and focus our trade resources on. What is going on is that all of us are giving out locations that are convenient for ourselves.

Serra, this is not working. As much as we'd like to consolidate the villagers, getting a location that everyone can agree on will take a long time. It might be better to just focus on our own villagers until we come up against any trades that take significantly rare materials, and just try to find out if anyone else has spare materials to trade.
woah man, no need to get all huffy over a little joke :P I know it isn't feasible to make the mountains a central trading hub.
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

I've added the !survival command for everyone to use, so if you get stuck in creative/adventure mode by an admin or other means, you can switch back. Hopefully this will fix your problem Donut :)
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

GalaxyTreader wrote:I've added the !survival command for everyone to use, so if you get stuck in creative/adventure mode by an admin or other means, you can switch back. Hopefully this will fix your problem Donut :)
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Morsmaestro made the Titan V, isn't it amazing??! He is working on another awesome project in the south, while he finishes the ship.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Its really got me inspired to build something large.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Floyper wrote:Its really got me inspired to build something large.
Same here. Still wondering how large I can go without burning out though.
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

*BROADCAST START*
ATTENTION ALL PLAYER ON PK'S SERVER!!!!! THIS IS RIMAKA1 SPEAKING THE TOWER OF ORDEALS IS NOW OUT OF BETA TESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY ONE PLAYER BESIDES MYSELF HAVE COMPLEATED THIS BEAST OF A TOWER!!!! CAN YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WE ARE HAVING A COMPLEATION CONTEST. THE FIRST PLAYER TO COMPLEATE IT WILL BE REWARDED!!!!!!!! (see Atlantrion (topcat's city) for further rules)
*BROADCAST ENDS*
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

As always, easy on the caps please and thanks.
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

He he sorry was meant to be exciting
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

Doesn't appear that I can play at my temporary lodgings without being disconnected. I'll be back when I move into a permanent place.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Taking a break from BTW. Just replaced my animals from a mystery spiritual invasion. Kinda burnt out in general right now. I might pop in every now and then to chat, but I'm not up to working on much atm.

Dogs are evil. I'm not raising anymore at Tobu.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

morsmaestro wrote:Doesn't appear that I can play at my temporary lodgings without being disconnected. I'll be back when I move into a permanent place.
Umm, Topguy experienced some weird issues at the boat. I even confirmed it myself, if you are near the boat (on the bridge to it or on it) the server will disconnect you. After checking the server stats and everything...I think your boat is too big. Too much automation, I dunno.
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

GalaxyTreader wrote:
morsmaestro wrote:Doesn't appear that I can play at my temporary lodgings without being disconnected. I'll be back when I move into a permanent place.
Umm, Topguy experienced some weird issues at the boat. I even confirmed it myself, if you are near the boat (on the bridge to it or on it) the server will disconnect you. After checking the server stats and everything...I think your boat is too big. Too much automation, I dunno.
Whoa we found the limit of automation you can have in a small area. better expand my underground automation area asap ;p
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

GalaxyTreader wrote:
Actually, I think the autorancher there isn't efficient enough. There were quite a few cows last time I was there. At the Esterland autorancher (which is basically the same thing), it seemed like more cows would just push them into the grinder quicker, but if that was just coincidence, I might have an animal problem.
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

Mors, Galaxy let me know about your Moo, I mean cow issue. I have taken the liberty to kill the cows for you so now you should be able to go about the ship without disconnection. I have stored all the drops in a chest for you nearby.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

How'd you get close enough to do it? And did you find the cause of so many cows, like broken saws, maybe?
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

I very simply walked in and found the (Moos) cows. While I did disconnect several times I was able to stay on long enough to get at them. As for the problem, a great number of (Moos) cows had accumulated in his breeding area, and were not jumping into the slaughter area. Might I propose a change in your design, Mors?
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

That design is basically the same as the one in Esterland, which I've used many times without this happening. The only reason I can think of is maybe the one at Esterland has less of a drop into the canal and the one on the ship is actually too high for them to willingly jump in. They still get killed, but only by virtue of them being pushed. Having not anticipated this at all, I went ahead and loaded 2,304 wheat into the thing and left it alone. So...cows.

Sorry, and thank you.