Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Floyper

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by Floyper »

Hey guys, Long time no see.
I haven't been active in about half a year (if not more) mainly because of changes in my personal life but also because i wasn't having
fun playing isolated from everyone else (plus the fact that i have significant Ping Problems) however at some point iin the next couple
months, once things are less busy for me, i may start playing again. Especially if there is a map reset since the unfinished projects were bugging
me (Bridge and Town) Good to see familiar faces are still actively playing.
-Leteatdonut
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

No map reset. would be cool to have you back. Your enderfarm was broken for a short while after mobgriefing came on. fixed and working again. if you do come back, GO FINISH YOUR PROJECTS. Incomplete projects are sad.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

With villagers asking for rare items now, I was wondering if we want to work together to level up an accessible, well-protected set of them. I actually have a spare enchanting table that we could use, which I kinda hate to "waste" on my little settlement of villagers, which is not in a central location and does not include all the villager types.

If you all think that's a good use of resources, then the next question is, where is there a good set of villagers that we would want to use for this?

Donut- it will be great to have you back again! (Also, did you happen to take a screenshot of that beautifully tacky RV you made? :) )
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

I'd propose Agares Market at Pittsburgh, but it may be too secluded for some peoples' tastes. The plus side is that it has a direct TP to and from Spawn.
Just checking, but green villagers are not a thing, right? I think I have all the Villager types there, save the generic greenies.
The majority of the market is farmers, though. Also, they all need leveling. If you can chip in, as of this post they all want dirt in copious amounts.
The other items on the Trading list:
Logs(Spruce, Oak)
Paper
Gravel

I should probably get a netherside entrance hooked up proper. Teatime wasn't terribly connected. Good news is its probably somewhere not too far from Constaquara.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

A common villager village would only be cool if they were free to roam and not in cages. Or were in merchant stalls and didn't look like prisoners.

Is there any way we can fit them in Constella?

It might be fun to build a merchant quarter, make it all big and palatial. A single building would be the most secure anyway.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

I do think Pittsburgh is kind of out of the way, even more so than my place. Constella would be nice, or Aradgrad- somewhere well connected. (While we're tallying, I have smiths, butchers, and a priest.)
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

DiamondArms wrote: if you do come back, GO FINISH YOUR PROJECTS. Incomplete projects are sad.
stop. Just stop. I'm tired of you feeling like you have to butt into everyone else's business. If there's a project that doesn't involve you directly, you have no right to tell people how they should handle it.
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

GalaxyTreader wrote:
DiamondArms wrote: if you do come back, GO FINISH YOUR PROJECTS. Incomplete projects are sad.
stop. Just stop. I'm tired of you feeling like you have to butt into everyone else's business. If there's a project that doesn't involve you directly, you have no right to tell people how they should handle it.
This qualifies you as butting into other peoples business, let it be.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

[quote="SerraNova"]Donut- it will be great to have you back again! (Also, did you happen to take a screenshot of that beautifully tacky RV you made? :) )
I'm on a new Computer but i can try digging around on my old one to see if its still there. Any reason why?
also One thing that ruined my gameplay was the fact that i could do !creative, has that been removed and if not
could you possible make it so i am unable to do this PK? thanks anyway
Edit: Whoops stuffed up the quote
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Floyper wrote:I'm on a new Computer but i can try digging around on my old one to see if its still there. Any reason why?
Oh, I was just telling someone about its beautiful tackiness the other day, and looked to see if I had a screenshot. Sadly, I didn't. But it's not worth going to a whole lot of trouble to dig out, either. Just if it's easy! :P
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

Floyper wrote:
SerraNova wrote:Donut- it will be great to have you back again! (Also, did you happen to take a screenshot of that beautifully tacky RV you made? :) )
I'm on a new Computer but i can try digging around on my old one to see if its still there. Any reason why?
also One thing that ruined my gameplay was the fact that i could do !creative, has that been removed and if not
I can undo the creative powers for you. I'll get on it this afternoon.

Edit: Your creative powers have been removed as of 3:43pm May 14.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Elleance wrote:
Floyper wrote:
SerraNova wrote:Donut- it will be great to have you back again! (Also, did you happen to take a screenshot of that beautifully tacky RV you made? :) )

Thanks, does PK not play anymore?
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

Floyper wrote:
Elleance wrote:
Floyper wrote:

Thanks, does PK not play anymore?
He does, but only briefly and on occasion, so I and the other Admins moderate the server on our own for the most part.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Elleance wrote:He does, but only briefly and on occasion, so I and the other Admins moderate the server on our own for the most part.
...Preston..? I'm so lost as to who this is, not sure if jon or preston :P
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

That's Preston :P I'm also an admin so I can help if you need it Donut.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

GalaxyTreader wrote:That's Preston :P I'm also an admin so I can help if you need it Donut.
Wow, that's quite a step up. I'm surprised so many old faces are still playing. It's been almost a year.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

I'm not an admin, if that makes you feel better.

Not that I want to be an admin. Responsibility is hard.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I recommend the Aradgrad underground for a centralized Villager location. That place is large enough to fit tons and tons of villager meat!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

EpicAaron wrote:I recommend the Aradgrad underground for a centralized Villager location. That place is large enough to fit tons and tons of villager meat!
While tempting, I don't find Aradgrad as centralised as some of the other cities. The point of having a centralised Villager trading zone is to consolidate trading resources into leveling and maintaining a few villagers, not keep all the villagers on the server in one spot. Quality, not quantity.

I'd recommend somewhere around spawn, actually. that seems to be the most central area I can think of.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote:
EpicAaron wrote:I recommend the Aradgrad underground for a centralized Villager location. That place is large enough to fit tons and tons of villager meat!
While tempting, I don't find Aradgrad as centralised as some of the other cities. The point of having a centralised Villager trading zone is to consolidate trading resources into leveling and maintaining a few villagers, not keep all the villagers on the server in one spot. Quality, not quantity.

I'd recommend somewhere around spawn, actually. that seems to be the most central area I can think of.
As long as we are all throwing out suggestions as to where to put our minions.. ehem.. villagers. Might I recommend the Duron mountains? :) while out of the way for most, it would be good for the vanilla chunk economy to have visitors ;)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote:
As long as we are all throwing out suggestions as to where to put our minions.. ehem.. villagers. Might I recommend the Duron mountains? :) while out of the way for most, it would be good for the vanilla chunk economy to have visitors ;)
1) Equally inconvenient for everyone except you.

2) I still need directions there. Your nether tunnel is still incomplete.

3) Get Villagers, then we can talk. No one is going to move those villagers across anytime soon, mostly because there is no way across.

4) Vanilla Chunk has no economy. It has you. Unless Duron Mountain is going to become some sort of Tourist destination/Amusement Park, there will be no economy.

5) We're getting nowhere with this discussion. The idea was to come up with a single location that we could fit villagers into and focus our trade resources on. What is going on is that all of us are giving out locations that are convenient for ourselves.

Serra, this is not working. As much as we'd like to consolidate the villagers, getting a location that everyone can agree on will take a long time. It might be better to just focus on our own villagers until we come up against any trades that take significantly rare materials, and just try to find out if anyone else has spare materials to trade.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

DiamondArms wrote: Serra, this is not working. As much as we'd like to consolidate the villagers, getting a location that everyone can agree on will take a long time. It might be better to just focus on our own villagers until we come up against any trades that take significantly rare materials, and just try to find out if anyone else has spare materials to trade.
Wire, I think Aaron might have been kidding, and I'm quite sure Ryo was. :P

I think your "near spawn" suggestion was good- were you thinking on Hammersley? I think if we decide not to do this, that's fine, but let's not give up yet!
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

SerraNova wrote: I think your "near spawn" suggestion was good- were you thinking on Hammersley? I think if we decide not to do this, that's fine, but let's not give up yet!
I suggested near spawn as it seemed to be the most central as it gets. Didn't really have Hammersly in mind when I suggested that. Hammersly may not be that great a location. While it may be near spawn, we don't have the luxury of using nether portals to move the villagers. Getting them onto Hammersly might require the massive intercontinental bridge project.

Then again, getting the Villagers anywhere is a pain anyway. Land travel is just less frustrating than over water. If you can think of a better villager central, that would be great.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

DiamondArms wrote: I suggested near spawn as it seemed to be the most central as it gets. Didn't really have Hammersly in mind when I suggested that. Hammersly may not be that great a location. While it may be near spawn, we don't have the luxury of using nether portals to move the villagers. Getting them onto Hammersly might require the massive intercontinental bridge project.

Then again, getting the Villagers anywhere is a pain anyway. Land travel is just less frustrating than over water. If you can think of a better villager central, that would be great.
Good point about the transport. I just checked Hammersley, and you're right, there are no villagers there already. The next closest place would be yours, really. Do you happen to have all the colors? If you're close, I wouldn't mind transporting another villager or two over water, as long as they are ones that we can afford to lose if things go wrong. I think my other vote would be for Aradgrad- it's the closest city to spawn in Constaquara, and it has the whole continent to draw from if it needs more colors.
Rob

Post by Rob »

My opinion doesn't matter since I don't have the time to play on the server currently. But making Hammersley the villager place might be best, even if constructing a bridge may be required. Maybe make it a requirement for everyone to go to Hammersley and build something of value to increase it's worth as a spawn town?

I release any rights I may have had to the two villages full of testificates in Plainstrider. I'm not sure which villagers I have or how many. But I wouldn't be surprised if I had one of each at the very least.

Good luck with whatever you guys and gals do.