Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
GalaxyTreader

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by GalaxyTreader »

To add to the announcements, Oak Coast will be opening April 9th. A day of fun before the end of the world. Everyone is invited, rides are free! Make sure to use the locker system for the more dangerous rides. Directions from spawn: Go to the nether hub, then to the rail station. Take the rail to the Constaquara Netherbase and locate the Oak Coast portal. You've made it!
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

A new map.. hmm.. the Abyssmal Kingdom would be gone, but at the same time, so will the things that made me make the Abyss. I'm down, sounds like a good idea :) Will the world be saved and put up for download?
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Alright I am gonna make this simple, and server it straight. No, just fucking no. I have poured hours into this server, and others even more than me. If the world gets a reset AGAIN. I will leave, I have suffered many world resets, and after this many it just isn't fun to play the early game over and over. I for one am NOT willing to just let my work vanish.
But if you decide to do this. Do not do the same thing you last time, and promise things, and not follow through.
I would appreciate a copy of the world when the server goes down. As I feel that the players who have poured their heart and soul into this server have the right to keep their builds.
I apologize for any offense, or harshness in this post. World resets are a HUGE thing for me, and I have left many servers before this for the same reason.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

are you still accepting people to come and play one the server? i kinda am getting bored at my single-player cause i build villages as my forts.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

A download of the map will be put up. And we are always accepting new players Turtle.
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

Great! I'm tired of playing at the time by my lonesome self :-) seems fun will apply asap
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Well at least the download makes it somewhat better. Still not a fan, and still will pack up and leave if it happens. Sorry, but I just can't do this again.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Been through several map resets myself; the server just doesn't feel the same after.
Not really the biggest fan of them to be honest.

The world download is a nice memory of the good times had, but activating playing an SMP world in SSP feels very weird.
(at least it always has done for me anyway)

Edit- does anyone have any feathers/arrows to trade?
Groth growth isnt quite enough for a ghast free place yet...
(yes- this means I'm still building that bridge)
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
Biological_TNT

Post by Biological_TNT »

To the world reset:
Starting up freshly is a nice and fun thing to do, although i really dont like losing unique buildings and places which my heart is really hanging at. The other point is: I want the new world to be generated with BWG, because the vanilla world gen is... hm.. boring. It just does'nt create interesting or unique places - in my opinion. I am always playing on BWG or custom landscape maps in SSP, because in vanilla I am just unable to find a nice place to settle down and stay, so it is the same in SMP for me. Further i would like the new world to be unlimited - no annoying megachunk edge.

Something else:
I'm unable to log in via the 1.5.2 launcher since 2 days.. anyone here having the same problem or knowing any advice on that?
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

support for the 1.5.2 launcher has dropped. time to update or use 3rd party software. There's a guide to setting up in the tech help subforum.

highly unlikely that the reset will happen. Most of us like this world.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Spoiler
Show
I'm running low on whitestone again, so I've switched the glowstone with hoppers at donut's endfarm.
(glowstone was silk touched and left in a spare hopper)

Whoever died in Donut's endfarm- your stuff is also in a hopper.
Theres a cake in there too :)
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

FYI: other endfarm has been upgraded. if you need more whitestone, I highly recommend camping there. Spawning speed may not be up to matching Donut's farm yet, but the speed is pretty fast and a heckload more convenient.

Just sayin'. (shameless self-promotion)

If you're still unsatisfied with the output, please notify me. It might give me the kick to go upgrade again.

Also, this just came up on the main discussion forum. It looks really appealing, but Tobukasai is a really bad place to build it. I propose that we build a hat farm in Constaquara, preferably under one of the lakes there.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

I think I voted ok on the poll but on second thought, nah, I kinda want to finish my ship, and the world is fine the way it is.
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

We just wanted to warn you guys that we re-activated mobGriefing on the server!
Beware of evil creatures!
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

Pk, I am experiencing a connection error " Connection Lost Failed to login: bad login" If anyone else is experiencing this issue as well please speak up.
Edit: Issue has been resolved.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

It has been done! (well, it has been started...) I have finally made my way from the Duron Mountains to Void'sEdge in vanilla chunk. after 2 weeks in game, there are now markers to where the great bridge shall be constructed :)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Question: will this bridge reach Terrene?

If it does I will gasp,choke and exclaim the continuity this server has.

its fun when the old things become relevant again.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Sadly no.. I had forgotten about Terrene.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote:Sadly no.. I had forgotten about Terrene.
NUUOOOOOOOOOO

sad. I thought Terrene would have been more or less aligned with your base (and the bridge) on the other end of the void ring.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

So, somebody decided to go snooping in rosewood, they found my hollow tree and changed it all. the door doesnt work anymore, they added a command block(hmm, so it was an admin... and GT/I didnt do it.. preston.) so I'm cutting it down, since i can't fix it.

For those of you who never got the chance, here she is
http://puu.sh/8ule2.jpg
the product of many hours of bloodwood harvesting and gentle grooming

All of that being said, I will stick to the rosewoodian tradition of stumping.

Edit: here is her remains http://puu.sh/8um7F.jpg ..
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

@Ryo On my way back to Illadee I discovered a hole blown in the tree. I made an attempt to patch the hole for you, I appoloize if you took my fix the wrong way. It was a lovely tree, I'm sorry you felt that it was necessary to cut it down.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Elleance wrote:@Ryo On my way back to Illadee I discovered a hole blown in the tree. I made an attempt to patch the hole for you, I appoloize if you took my fix the wrong way. It was a lovely tree, I'm sorry you felt that it was necessary to cut it down.
I see, in that case I'm not so frustrated, thank you for trying to fix it. After calming down from last night, I think stumping it as I did was fitting. A metaphor, if you will, to a time now past. The Rosewoodian Barbarians are now but history, and their holy symbol(the tree) is but a shadow of its former glory :) (that and you know, I think the giant stump looks kinda epic)
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Hi guys, just wanted to say I'm not dead but unfortunately It's going to be awhile until I can play regularly on the server again :( I'm thinking of popping in next week or so to take a look at everyone's builds and I can't wait to be officially back :P
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

JakeZKAM wrote:Hi guys, just wanted to say I'm not dead but unfortunately It's going to be awhile until I can play regularly on the server again :( I'm thinking of popping in next week or so to take a look at everyone's builds and I can't wait to be officially back :P
I cant wait until you are back man, I think the last time I saw you the Maridranian Empire was still in power and you were my high priest :P
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Ryo, the tree was a great example to all plant based deities across the land. We thank you and the Rosewoodians for such a creation.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show