Pistons no longer work on hemp?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ImSheroPsu

Pistons no longer work on hemp?

Post by ImSheroPsu »

I will preface this with I haven't played since July. I just got back into things this week. Do pistons no longer work for automating hemp farming? I want to confirm that what I am seeing is accurate please. The hemp drops straight down instead of being pushed into a wall and dropping into my water stream.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
ManPotatoes wrote:
If you hate it ban me I could care less C:

Bonus.
darahalian

Re: Pistons no longer work on hemp?

Post by darahalian »

Try using sticky pistons, so that they are pushing a solid block against the hemp. This is what I'm using, and it works.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
ImSheroPsu

Post by ImSheroPsu »

I'll try that!!

I always used to use just a plain piston on the actual plant top. I guess something has changed in the last six months to alter that.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
ManPotatoes wrote:
If you hate it ban me I could care less C:

Bonus.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Pistons are one of the things mojang has repeatedly broken in releases since they first came out. The most robust way to use them in farms is indeed to use a sticky piston with a block in front of it. Also be aware that a 1 tick pulse to a sticky piston will cause the piston to extend/retract and leave the block it should be stuck to behind. Usually this is only an issue in some specific types of mob farms.
NotEvenOdd

Post by NotEvenOdd »

darahalian wrote:Try using sticky pistons, so that they are pushing a solid block against the hemp. This is what I'm using, and it works.
Thanks for the tip!