[4.67] manjiWorld! Friendly Survival (Whitelisted)

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
manjiBoy

[4.67] manjiWorld! Friendly Survival (Whitelisted)

Post by manjiBoy »

Hey all,

I have much experience in running both Bukkit and vanilla servers (look me up on MCF) but this is my first attempt at a BTW server. My BTW experience is a little limited however; in my single player world I've only just got my first anvil :). But I always prefer minecrafting with others so I thought I'd give this a go. Hoping to learn from others, or with others. Other newbies are more than welcome. We can work together on projects or you can go off and work alone, whatever you prefer. However that doesn't mean you can be totally antisocial of course :). I'll be on between 5 and 10pm GMT most weekdays and you'll probably see me a lot on the weekends.

New map, Hard mode, normal biomes & all Hardcore modes enabled EXCEPT player names and chests. Fire spread is enabled.
22 player limit.

Rules:
1. No hax
2. No griefing or theft
3. No spamming the chat
4. No verbally abusing other players, be nice!
5. No asking for admin (I will be the only OP) or item spawns
6. PvP is enabled but only between consenting players

Whitelist application:
Username:
How often will you be on the server? (be specific please)
How long have you been playing Minecraft / BTW for?
What can you bring to make the server a fun and awesome place?

Please if you planning to be off the server for a long period, drop me a PM. Anyone who doesn't come on for two weeks without letting me know will be un-whitelisted and their items will be claimed by the other players.

Server IP: 188.165.255.205:25602
Last edited by manjiBoy on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 14 times in total.
sapphireglass

Re: [4.51] manjiWorld! Friendly Survival (Whitelisted)

Post by sapphireglass »

Username: sapphireglass
Why do you want to join? I'm looking for a good, friendly server for BTW multiplayer.
How often will you be on the server? Fairly often, but I can get very busy from time to time so I may be in on and off.
How long have you been playing Minecraft / BTW for? I've played Minecraft since beta, but I started BTW recently (2 months or so ago)
What can you bring to make the server a fun and awesome place? I enjoy building, especially with BTW's mechanization. I am never rude to other players and I enjoy working with other players to build interesting things.
manjiBoy

Post by manjiBoy »

sapphireglass wrote:Username: sapphireglass
Why do you want to join? I'm looking for a good, friendly server for BTW multiplayer.
How often will you be on the server? Fairly often, but I can get very busy from time to time so I may be in on and off.
How long have you been playing Minecraft / BTW for? I've played Minecraft since beta, but I started BTW recently (2 months or so ago)
What can you bring to make the server a fun and awesome place? I enjoy building, especially with BTW's mechanization. I am never rude to other players and I enjoy working with other players to build interesting things.
Hey, welcome aboard! I'm hoping you'll be the first of many :).
sapphireglass

Post by sapphireglass »

Thanks! I'm having a bit of trouble updating minecraft, but I should have it sorted out soon.
manjiBoy

Post by manjiBoy »

sapphireglass wrote:Thanks! I'm having a bit of trouble updating minecraft, but I should have it sorted out soon.
Hey do you think you'll come on again? I know you had lag issues when you were on before. I don't think they are issues with the server as I had an FTB server with players from your country on the same host and had no lag problems with them.
jack_arms

Post by jack_arms »

Username: Armstrong123
Why do you want to join? I'm looking for a good, friendly server for building.
How often will you be on? I hope fairly often, but unfortunately I may be constrained to weekends or the occasional weekday.
How long have you been playing Minecraft / BTW for? I've played Minecraft since alpha, but I'm very new to BTW.
What can you bring to make the server a fun and awesome place? I enjoy building with others, and hope to keep the server friendly by helping out others.
manjiBoy

Post by manjiBoy »

jack_arms wrote:Username: Armstrong123
Why do you want to join? I'm looking for a good, friendly server for building.
How often will you be on? I hope fairly often, but unfortunately I may be constrained to weekends or the occasional weekday.
How long have you been playing Minecraft / BTW for? I've played Minecraft since alpha, but I'm very new to BTW.
What can you bring to make the server a fun and awesome place? I enjoy building with others, and hope to keep the server friendly by helping out others.
Cool. I need a lot of help right now, keep getting myself killed and spawned in a random location lol :). Whitelisted!
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

Username: AngelWDH

Why do you want to join?
I only really have experience of BTW anarchy, which is fun, but makes it difficult to progress through the tech tree. Also "This is why we can't have nice things!" :P I love looking at the elegant, aesthetic builds on the forums, but for obvious reasons these don't really apply to an anarchy server! I don't have much experience with the later tech tree as I don't have enough patience with SSP and leave worlds on hiatus for long periods in favour of SMP play. I thought it'd be a nice opportunity to explore the higher branches of the Tree.
I go through phases depending on my course workload. During good periods I am on most days, sometimes twice a day/a longer time, during the night. During busier periods I stop altogether. If this is a problem, fair enough - your server, your rules! I will have finished my current exams in about a week and a half's time.
Not sure exactly when, but I started BTW just after it expanded from the original 6 blocks, and I had been playing for a good while before then.
Humour (I hope)! A helping hand - I used to enjoy collab builds on my old vMC servers, but haven't been an active member of a vMC server for many moons. General chattiness and helpfulness ;)
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
manjiBoy

Post by manjiBoy »

AngelWithDirtyHands wrote:Username: AngelWDH

Why do you want to join?
I only really have experience of BTW anarchy, which is fun, but makes it difficult to progress through the tech tree. Also "This is why we can't have nice things!" :P I love looking at the elegant, aesthetic builds on the forums, but for obvious reasons these don't really apply to an anarchy server! I don't have much experience with the later tech tree as I don't have enough patience with SSP and leave worlds on hiatus for long periods in favour of SMP play. I thought it'd be a nice opportunity to explore the higher branches of the Tree.
I go through phases depending on my course workload. During good periods I am on most days, sometimes twice a day/a longer time, during the night. During busier periods I stop altogether. If this is a problem, fair enough - your server, your rules! I will have finished my current exams in about a week and a half's time.
Not sure exactly when, but I started BTW just after it expanded from the original 6 blocks, and I had been playing for a good while before then.
Humour (I hope)! A helping hand - I used to enjoy collab builds on my old vMC servers, but haven't been an active member of a vMC server for many moons. General chattiness and helpfulness ;)
Great to have a sociable player, welcome to the whitelist!

Have updated the OP to include what times I'll be on the server, so hopefully you guys won't be put off by the server being empty. :)
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

Username: Prestonx06
Why do you want to join? I'm looking for a friendly BTW community to build and converse with.
How often will you be on the server? (be specific please) The most days my not-so-busy schedule allows. (anytime really)
How long have you been playing Minecraft / BTW for? I've been playing Minecraft since late alpha, and Btw not to long after it was released.
What can you bring to make the server a fun and awesome place? Eagerness to work and learn from others, I'd be glad to lend a helping hand or chat with other players. I also enjoy large collab builds.
sapphireglass

Post by sapphireglass »

manjiBoy wrote:
sapphireglass wrote:Thanks! I'm having a bit of trouble updating minecraft, but I should have it sorted out soon.
Hey do you think you'll come on again? I know you had lag issues when you were on before. I don't think they are issues with the server as I had an FTB server with players from your country on the same host and had no lag problems with them.
Yeah, I went on again and didn't have any problems with lag this time. I'll be back on soon.
AngelWithDirtyHands

Ok, slightly confused - why do a get a thingy come up saying "You don't have FML installed" when I try to join? :S It also says something about Feed The Beast in the server description, which can't be right...
Spoiler
Show
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
manjiBoy

Post by manjiBoy »

Sorry, it's back to BTW!
manjiBoy

Post by manjiBoy »

Elleance wrote:Username: Prestonx06
Why do you want to join? I'm looking for a friendly BTW community to build and converse with.
How often will you be on the server? (be specific please) The most days my not-so-busy schedule allows. (anytime really)
How long have you been playing Minecraft / BTW for? I've been playing Minecraft since late alpha, and Btw not to long after it was released.
What can you bring to make the server a fun and awesome place? Eagerness to work and learn from others, I'd be glad to lend a helping hand or chat with other players. I also enjoy large collab builds.
Whitelisted :)
manjiBoy

Post by manjiBoy »

Yeah sorry guys the server will alternate between FTB and BTW. I'll try and keep BTW up as much as possible.
Fandomethor

Post by Fandomethor »

Username: Fandomethor
Why do you want to join? Cause I really like BTW but playing alone is boring.
How often will you be on the server? About 5-7 days a week
How long have you been playing Minecraft / BTW for? I've been playing minecraft since Alpha but I'm kind of a noob in BTW mod.
What can you bring to make the server a fun and awesome place? I like building stuff that looks nice and chat with people.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

manjiBoy wrote:Yeah sorry guys the server will alternate between FTB and BTW. I'll try and keep BTW up as much as possible.
Can you run them on different ports? If the server's going to switch back and forth at your whim there really is no point to inviting others, because you'll end up annoying both groups. I've run 4 worlds on the same box, all on different ports.

I don't think the Schroedinger’s Modpack strategy is a good idea.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
manjiBoy

Post by manjiBoy »

Server is now permanently BTW. And updated to 4.52!
manjiBoy

Post by manjiBoy »

Fandomethor wrote:Username: Fandomethor
Why do you want to join? Cause I really like BTW but playing alone is boring.
How often will you be on the server? About 5-7 days a week
How long have you been playing Minecraft / BTW for? I've been playing minecraft since Alpha but I'm kind of a noob in BTW mod.
What can you bring to make the server a fun and awesome place? I like building stuff that looks nice and chat with people.
Cool, welcome!
coolio678

Re: [4.52] manjiWorld! Friendly Survival (Whitelisted)

Post by coolio678 »

Username: coolio678
Why do you want to join?
I really like SMP. Single player is a little bit lonely, and I like having company, even if I don't live near people.

More often on the weekends, but I may be able to play occasionally throughout the week.

Minecraft was during 1.2 beta (good times...) and BTW has been roughly half a year? I honestly can't remember, but it's been fun.

My devilish good looks? No? okay, I know how all (most) the machines work, but I have only recently dabbled in automation. It could be fun to learn with some other people!
0 days without accident
manjiBoy

Re: [4.52] manjiWorld! Friendly Survival (Whitelisted)

Post by manjiBoy »

coolio678 wrote:Username: coolio678
Why do you want to join?
I really like SMP. Single player is a little bit lonely, and I like having company, even if I don't live near people.

More often on the weekends, but I may be able to play occasionally throughout the week.

Minecraft was during 1.2 beta (good times...) and BTW has been roughly half a year? I honestly can't remember, but it's been fun.

My devilish good looks? No? okay, I know how all (most) the machines work, but I have only recently dabbled in automation. It could be fun to learn with some other people!
Awesome, a fellow almost-noob. Welcome to the whitelist!
manjiBoy

Re: [4.53] manjiWorld! Friendly Survival (Whitelisted)

Post by manjiBoy »

I noticed that most of you haven't come on, so I'm just gonna post to prove this server isn't completely dead. AngelWDH and I have been doing a few things on there; Angel built our communal workshop (see pic below) and I've been grappling with the basics of automation (I made a timed bellows! with Angel's help :)). A few other players have houses in our little settlement also.
Spoiler
Show
If you wanna see more come on and see for yourself :D and help us out!
MyDearBrutus

Post by MyDearBrutus »

Username: MyDearBrutus
Why do you want to join? I want a friendly multiplayer server to play on
How often will you be on the server? (be specific please) Assuming there are many friendly players I would likely be on daily
How long have you been playing Minecraft / BTW for? I've been playing minecraft since early alpha and BTW since it's release
What can you bring to make the server a fun and awesome place? Myself? I think I'm genuine, funny and cooperative for the most part and like to build and adventure with others
manjiBoy

Post by manjiBoy »

MyDearBrutus wrote:Username: MyDearBrutus
Why do you want to join? I want a friendly multiplayer server to play on
How often will you be on the server? (be specific please) Assuming there are many friendly players I would likely be on daily
How long have you been playing Minecraft / BTW for? I've been playing minecraft since early alpha and BTW since it's release
What can you bring to make the server a fun and awesome place? Myself? I think I'm genuine, funny and cooperative for the most part and like to build and adventure with others
Hello, and welcome to the server!
AngelWithDirtyHands

Hey! I see the workshop! :D

On that note, I was digging out a basement when I feel into a cavern with beasty things... I was slain in moments D:

This is my first death on BTW SMP, and I have no idea where I am, except it is grassy and the sun is going down D:

...Fingers crossed! :P

EDIT:
Since this post, I had an epic journey back to base, encountering a jungle temple and a village on the way. However... I decided soon after to go to the Nether for blaze powder (need mawr hibachis!) and got killed to death by wither skellies :(
Spoiler
Show