New Release! (BTW V4.42)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
mogulus

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.42)

Post by mogulus »

Awesome update! Just discovered the stone and stone brick sub blocks so the new sandstone ones are definitely worth updating to 1.4.7 vanilla.

What does this say about your work that I wait for YOUR update for the good stuff before hesitantly updating the actual game you're modding.

It seems the redstone update they're touting is pretty much just sort of half ass going to do what like, a tenth of your mod did over a year ago.

hoppers, capacitors, meh. i'd take the lens, buddy block and block dispenser and make pretty much anything they're promising these days.
Time slows down in a high gravitational field. This fact is the pinion of my plan to destroy us all...
RezDev

Post by RezDev »

Thanks for the update FC. Nice to see you keeping your head above water.

Your hard work is greatly appreciated.
ScubaPlays

Post by ScubaPlays »

FlowerChild wrote: -Changed Hardcore Spawn to be enabled by default. It can still be disabled through the mod's config file.
Thank you for leaving Hardcore Spawn as an option. I play cooperatively and this feature isn't really friendly for that.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Even though this may be a small not news worthy release for you, for me sandstone sub blocks and the ability to harvest spider webs are major for me! Thanks man, the little things don't go unnoticed.
coolio678

Post by coolio678 »

Eriottosan wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:
odranoel wrote: Thank you FC for another awsome update. its been a bit of a roller coaster ride lately but you still seem to be at the top of your game (no pun intended) :p
Erg...no man. I've done hardly anything on the mod in about a month since this started. At best, this would be maybe a bi-weekly update under normal circumstances.

Thanks for the update, FC! And for what it's worth, an update is an update. You've given so much to play with already - even if there's not as much work going in compared to "normal circumstances", we still have more than enough with which to distract ourselves. And you have updated, which is fantastic.

I know I've said it before, but you are an inspiration. I truly do hope that, one way or another, you get back the excitement and thrill you used to get from BTW. Whether it returns in your work on BTW, is in RTH, or is in a completely new environment, you will have my respect and support, even if you decide to not tell us what it is to keep it away from the undeserved drama you received from the venture.

So thanks again, FC, and as always, if there's anything we can help with, you just need to ask (:.
I couldn't have said that any better. I hope you find your enjoyment in some form of modding or programming again soon, fc. No one giving out free content should have to put up with the crap you have.
0 days without accident
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

FlowerChild wrote:Version 4.42 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

-Added the ability to render Mutton down into Tallow.

-Changed the way Hardcore Spawn works to fix problems with spawning in empty space on skyblock style maps.

-Fixed problem with Wicker blocks dropping Soap blocks when cut by the Saw.
Thanks for these and all of your hard work.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
Lars

Post by Lars »

I am very pleased with this update, since I accidentally updated to 1.7, and couldn't find a 1.6 update anywhere, forcing me to start a new BTW save on my last update, 4.12. You're a boss for spewing out these updates so quickly FC, thanks!
Minecraftgeek70

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

thanks for this... been AFK for a while.. this is bringing me back into the Minecraft fold again! Awesome!