Sticky Piston

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Bio_Logisch

Sticky Piston

Post by Bio_Logisch »

Hi

First thank you for this great mod. I'am really enjoying.

I can't make a sticky piston i tried to assemble a piston with a piece of glue on the crafting table but nothing happens. Am I missing something.

I have btw mod 4.41 on a server installed no other mod's.

Greetings
Bio
ExpHP

Re: Sticky Piston

Post by ExpHP »

Since version 4.33, Glue and Slime are no longer interchangeable, and each recipe involving them now specifically uses one or the other. To quote the MCF thread:
Glue: Various kinds of leather (regular, scoured, tanned, pieces such as belts, or finished goods such as armor), may be rendered down into glue within a Cauldron. Glue dries into a permanent waterproof adhesive in recipes that require such a bond to be formed (like with the Wood Blades used in constructing Water Wheels). A single piece of leather will be rendered into a single unit of glue. Note that rendering requires a stoked fire, through the use of Bellows, beneath the Cauldron.
In other words, Slime Balls are used when you need something sticky, and glue is for a permanent bond.
Bio_Logisch

Re: Sticky Piston

Post by Bio_Logisch »

Thanks.

I thought i had to use glue instead of the slime ball's ;)