Willing to Host a Hamachi Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
tyr116

Willing to Host a Hamachi Server

Post by tyr116 »

I am a hosting a Hamachi Servers, but it would be nice if all who join the server have skype.
I will pm the 1st 4 to request the ip and details, but you need to have over 5 posts to join. You must also not grief, not steal, and not offend anyonee with racist manners or such.
This server is going to be a laid back one, but I will reset the 4 people currently whitelisted biweekly.
It is also, though not mandatory, but recommended, to help with any and all community projects, and the most advanced base/house/person-on-the-tech-tree, will automatically be kept on the whitelist, and be given an award of his/her choice. I like architecture designs(#purple), so those may merit a reward as well.
(It will remain within reason, of course)
I will maybe find a way to open a completely non Hamachi Server, but right now I'm having trouble portforwarding.
Application:

(Non-mandatory)
Email:
Will you help with Grief Fixing, if such thing occurs:
Will you help new players adjust to BTW:

(Mandatory)
IGN:
Ban History:
#:
Will you abide by the rules:

Also, I will be resetting the world every 3 months, to keep server stress down, I may extend that at a later date, or if persuaded by others, but if you have a request to extend it, please reply saying why, and list 3 reasons supporting it.

I <3 you Flowerchild, for your amazing mod.
-tyr116
Larmantine

Re: Willing to Host a Hamachi Server

Post by Larmantine »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that hamachi users use cracked games, if so, I don't think you will accomplish anything here. I don't think that you are welcome here at all.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
AdvSummer

Post by AdvSummer »

Larmantine wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong
Yeah, you're wrong. Hamachi is an alternative for hosting servers, it simulates a local connection between computers, so it's like a LAN connection. It's indeed used to play multiplayer with cracked games, but it's perfectly possible to host any kind of legit server with hamachi, for those who don't know/don't want to portforward. :)
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

Larmantine wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong
The logician in me cannot stand that sort of logical fallacy to stand.

You're saying: ∀ Users of Hamachi; ∄ a user that uses properly-licensed games.

For that to be true, it'd have to be somehow controlled by Hamachi itself; you'd have to somehow 'prove' to the program you have a cracked game.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

Oh, well then you have my most sincere apologies.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

OK, fair enough on Hamachi, but why use it? If DHCP from your ISP is leaving you with a dynamic IP address that you cant give out to people because it changes too often, use a Dynamic DNS service, which mostly are free, and you can give them a URL instead.

Also to the guy who mentioned cracked games, VPN's are not necessary for that. I'm not going into it, but that's not how authentication works.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Oh it's you Tyr!

PM me and I'll see if i can help with the portforwarding.

Ehsan
XenocideSoldier

Post by XenocideSoldier »

Steam: XenocideSoldier
Email: leftynjm@hotmail.com
Will you help with Grief Fixing, if such thing occurs: Sure, if I'm on.
Will you help new players adjust to BTW: I enjoy helping others out, as long as they listen and aren't being obnoxious or stupid.

(Mandatory)
IGN: Wasp2100
Ban History: Banned once, but that was due to a misunderstanding rather than a deliberate breakage of rules, I was unbanned shortly after.
#: ?
Will you abide by the rules: Sure

I would also like to submit the idea to use teamspeak instead of Skype, and make the server anarchy and not reset. Just suggestions.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Dude...stop with the necroing of dead SMP threads.

It's bad enough joining the forums just to spam join requests to begin with.