[32x] Derivation [BTW 4.9Marsupial]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Kezza

Re: [32x] Derivation [BTW 4.67]

Post by Kezza »

Levaunt said the glasspanes don´t work like the glassblocks at the moment, he is aware of it.
The axle was a "quick and dirty"-job is on my list.
tspriggs

Re: [32x] Derivation [BTW 4.67]

Post by tspriggs »

2 things to say really...

Firstly this texture rocks! Secondly, I may need some help installing the texture pack as I have made the move to 1.5.1 and have run into some problems with the move; i.e. some textures from vanilla are popping up along side Derivation's... how can I resolve this? Oh and if it helps I am on a mac (please don't hate me, I am doing a custom build later this year to replace my sins XD)

Thanks for any support and keep it up ont he awesome texture pack!

Tspriggs out

Edit: After a lesson in the 'quantum' workings of the texture packs and have now resolved the issue, but it is still an awesome pack!
Kezza

Re: [32x] Derivation [BTW 4.67] CTM-Support added

Post by Kezza »

Made a Version2 of the current Release.

Added CTM-Support (Random) for Decorative Blocks: Stonebricks, Smothstone, Whitestone, Blackstone, Bricks, Oak, Spruce and Powderkeg
Finished the Axleanimation.

If a few more mechanical blocks get an on/off-state, I will give the millstone and turntable a animation, maybe the gearbox and sawblade too.
If the couldrun and crucible get stocked/on/off-states I will give them different (cold, warm and glowing) looking static textures (no animations)
I tried to give every fence-type a seperate texture, like the oak-one, but there is a problem with metadata.
The upper pedestal uses the same texture like the fence of every blocktype, so I am sorry :(
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

stone brick fences and upper pedestals seem to be showing error.
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

My fault, forgot to remove a textfile. Should be ok now
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Is anyone else getting a weird texture bug when hitting pigs? The left side of the face derezzes to pure white for me. I'm not sure if its MCPatcher, but I'm using 3.1.0 Beta 4, which is supposed to support BTW... Some comfirmation or decomfirmation would help me narrow down if it's something with BTW 4.69b, MCPatcher, or the Texture Pack.

Thanks.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Mr_Hosed wrote:Is anyone else getting a weird texture bug when hitting pigs? The left side of the face derezzes to pure white for me. I'm not sure if its MCPatcher, but I'm using 3.1.0 Beta 4, which is supposed to support BTW... Some comfirmation or decomfirmation would help me narrow down if it's something with BTW 4.69b, MCPatcher, or the Texture Pack.

Thanks.
I've got BTW 4.69b, Dirivation [BTW 4.67], and am using MCPatcher 3.1.0-beta4. I've punched lots of pigs, and they and their faces look just fine for me. The pigs turn red when punched.
tspriggs

Post by tspriggs »

I saw that in an earlier post that someone had problems with a pedestal top not rendering properly and an error being displayed instead, I am having the same error but also appearing on another block, I have taken some screen shots to highlight the error, I am using the most recent posting of Derivation BTW addon TP, latest BTW version and 1.5.1 MC.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

I know where the problem is coming from.
I tried to give every fence type the same unique texture (with ctm) like the oak has one.
but the problem was that the fence shares the same metadate-texture with the upper pedastal, so i stopped my work on that, but maybe i forgot to remove a few files. Im currently at work, have no access to my files, will change it, when i am back at home.
tspriggs

Post by tspriggs »

Thank you for the reply, don't worry too much on it, I was only highlighting it as I only noticed it the other day and was unsure on what to do with it...

Just want to say thank you for the continued awesomeness of this TP add-on really enjoying the feel it provides in game

Thanks again

Tspriggs
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Tspriggs, use MCPatcher 3.1.0 beta to get the CTM's to work, they are off in that screenshot

EDIT: after looking at your screenshot it is obvious you ARE using MCpatcher, just the wrong version. You are currently using MCPatcher 3.0.3 I believe, which is incompatible with BTW, the new MCPatcher 3.1.0 Beta works properly and was fixed for BTW compatibility. That is what is causing the vanilla stone, dirt, sand, and ore CTM's to be broken.
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
tspriggs

Post by tspriggs »

Thanks for the solution TheGatesofLogic, I will do so now.

much appreciated

-edit- I have now updated to the specified MC patcher, but am still seeing the error code on the fence and pedestal blocks, I think it might be to do with what Kezza posted back on the situation
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

You might actually have the old texture pack cause all my pedestals and fences seem to be loading fine in my texture pack test world.
tspriggs

Post by tspriggs »

I have re-downloaded to the pack today and installed it into the correct places.. i will continue to work to see if i have made a wrong turn somewhere
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Sorry if I wasn't clear, tspriggs, my 'solution' was for the stone blocks in the background not displaying CTM's, not for the pedestal/fence problem you are having. Kezza has said that he will soon fix that problem
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
tspriggs

Post by tspriggs »

Ar I see now, thanks for clarifying that, I did notice that before the move to the new MC patcher that CTM wasn't displaying properly, thanks again for the replies and help
Kezza

Re: [32x] Derivation [BTW 4.70]

Post by Kezza »

updated to BTW 4.70

Wool and Padded Armor are still in work, thay aren´t part of the support yet and will take some more time.

have fun
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Thanks again Kezza for the update. Derivation is really growing on me and your support of BTW is the best looking and most complete of any pack out there (IMHO).
Gotoru

Post by Gotoru »

Archive Download Blocked (
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Wow. MediaFire seems to have leveled up it's Asshole Score. Archive files can only be downloaded 10 times per week by non-members? Really? That's... stupid. >.>
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
Skrump

Post by Skrump »

MaxAstro wrote:Wow. MediaFire seems to have leveled up it's Asshole Score. Archive files can only be downloaded 10 times per week by non-members? Really? That's... stupid. >.>
Yea, getting that too. WTF Mediafire? T_T
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

It's free to join and actually a useful membership to have.
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Having a free membership is not enabling download - it insists I give them $5.
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

You're right. Does it for me as well. I guess everyone needs to move downloads to Mega.nz or something similar
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

MaxAstro wrote:Wow. MediaFire seems to have leveled up it's Asshole Score. Archive files can only be downloaded 10 times per week by non-members? Really? That's... stupid. >.>
MediaFire wrote:The file you attempted to download is an archive that is damaged or possibly encrypted. Free accounts are limited to 10 downloads per week of each file of this type.
Seems that for whatever reason, MF is considering the file damaged or encrypted, which enables the limit. Not archives in general, otherwise only 10 non-premium users could of downloaded 4.71 since FC also uses MediaFire. They probably did it to reduce the usage of split-archives to bypass the previous upload limit.
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.