[32x] Derivation [BTW 4.9Marsupial]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Kezza

Re: [32x] Derivation [BTW 4.70]

Post by Kezza »

Will Upload the Version for 4.71 in maybe 8 hours, I hope this problem will not occure a second time.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

ignika42 wrote:Seems that for whatever reason, MF is considering the file damaged or encrypted, which enables the limit. Not archives in general, otherwise only 10 non-premium users could of downloaded 4.71 since FC also uses MediaFire. They probably did it to reduce the usage of split-archives to bypass the previous upload limit.
You're right. They actually explain that in the small text now that I went back and read it better. People were abusing Mediafire by doing large multi-part archives. I wonder what happened to the archive to make it think it's a multi-part archive. There weren't any errors in the package I downloaded (winrar reports damn near everything).
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

Updated to BTW 4.71
Mr_Hosed

Re: [32x] Derivation [BTW 4.71]

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Thanks for the update Kezza =) The 16x default wool armor REALLY clashed with the brilliance of Levaunt's and your work :)
Nikkentobi

Post by Nikkentobi »

Maybe someone can upload this Texture pack to another site? The MF is blocked...
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

The 4.71 version still says you've reached your max limit of 10. All your versions before 4.70 work just fine. I noticed that sometimes you upload a ZIP and sometimes a RAR. Could the 4.70 and 4.71 versions of your texture pack be in a third format that MediaFire doesn't like? Are you using a new file compressor or have you recently updated the one you usually use? I'm using 7-Zip v9.2 to make zip files and MediaFire isn't giving me any problems.
Gotoru

Post by Gotoru »

I think it is necessary to use at least 2 other file-sharing service. No one can guarantee that the services will work steadily and insurance does not hurt. Even if the bug will be fixed with MF.
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

Thanks for the update Kezza!

Even though MF still seems to have an issue with the file, I managed to download it earlier without issue. Sent in a support ticket to them now to see about getting the issue resolved.
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

Perhaps a Dropbox link would be useful. Can't wait to get this.
CycloneSP wrote:The sun! it burns!!! Oh wait, that is just the aura of awesomeness coming off of FC. <puts on shades> Ah, much better.
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

Made a new Zip for MediaFire and added one for Dropbox.

Do you get the File via Dropbox? I don´t know if I have to make configurations for other users.
Gotoru

Post by Gotoru »

Dropbox link works fine for me, thank You.
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Thanks! I wanted to say thanks for the awesome texture pack. I literally don't update BTW to a new version until your pack is available for it. :)
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
Kezza

Re: [32x] Derivation [BTW 4.80]

Post by Kezza »

Updated to 4.80

All Layers with CTM.

The Gold Dung, padded armor and biker armor are still missing.

Have fun :)
ion

Post by ion »

i appreciate your great work and like all the new additions and i stolen some properties file tips from you :)
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Well, you see, it's not exactly "biker" armor...
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
rimaka1

Post by rimaka1 »

this is the most awesome TP that i have used in awhile. GREAT WORK and i highly reccomended this to some friends that i thought would be intrested in it
TSA

Post by TSA »

just tried out the hardcore stratification and i taught you would make the stone darker that it already is.

it feels really smooth, that is great, but a bit darker would be fine.

just my taught.
Last edited by TSA on Thu May 16, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
LunaticToad
Setting_Sun

Post by Setting_Sun »

I love where your going with this texture pack and the how brilliantly the textures work with better than wolves . Its so good I can't play without it.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

The sides of grass slab doesn't change with biome colors in your texture pack (it works with other texture packs so it's seems that it's not an installation problem).
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

Updated some textures and added a few animations.
Mr_Hosed

Re: [32x] Derivation [BTW 4.81]

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Thank you for your continued gift of this pack. I'm not just blowing smoke there. I've really grown to love Derivation and your interpretation of BTW into that style.

The addition of CIT support, w00t! I was quite surprised to see that quiver in my inventory.
Love the new item animations and Nitre's recolor to green was an excellent choice.

Awesome-sauce all-around =)

Oh, and the new piles... yeah, SO good. The previous ones worked, but these new ones really fit with the pack's style now.
Kezza

Re: [32x] Derivation [BTW 4.82]

Post by Kezza »

Updated for BTW 4.82

- bark
- something
- CIT for arrows, flour and seeds

Question about CIT (Custom Itom Textures)

Do you like the arrows like they are at the moment or should I add more stepps from 1 to 64 items?
1-4 = 1 Arrow (because of the crafting recipe)
5-16 = Quiver with 1 or 2 Arrows
17-32 = Quiver with 2 or 3 Arrows
33-64 = Quiver with 3 or 4 Arrows (Full Quiver)

Write your opinions please!

And... what items would you like to have CIT support?
I thinking about damaged tools with different states... but I don´t know if its to cheaty (and it would be alot of work, don´t have the time at the moment)

Please reply :)

have Fun!
VivaGabe!

Post by VivaGabe! »

Kezza wrote:Updated for BTW 4.82

- bark
- something
- CIT for arrows, flour and seeds

Question about CIT (Custom Itom Textures)

Do you like the arrows like they are at the moment or should I add more stepps from 1 to 64 items?
1-4 = 1 Arrow (because of the crafting recipe)
5-16 = Quiver with 1 or 2 Arrows
17-32 = Quiver with 2 or 3 Arrows
33-64 = Quiver with 3 or 4 Arrows (Full Quiver)

Write your opinions please!

And... what items would you like to have CIT support?
I thinking about damaged tools with different states... but I don´t know if its to cheaty (and it would be alot of work, don´t have the time at the moment)

Please reply :)

have Fun!
I think it would be awesome to have tools with different states! I don't see how it would be considered cheaty.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Kezza wrote:Do you like the arrows like they are at the moment or should I add more stepps from 1 to 64 items?
I like the way you did it with the seeds with a separate icon for a full stack; it makes it really easy to see which stacks are completely full.
Kezza wrote:And... what items would you like to have CIT support?
It'd be cool to have armor that takes battle damage and tools that get beat-up over time. I can see why someone might think it's cheating, but tools and armor already have damage meters. I know that once the damage meter gets down to nothing on my iron axe that I can use it 18 more times without it breaking. But it would be dumb to let its duribility get that low. It's best to throw it in the crucible well before that to avoid it accidentally breaking.

If possible, I think it'd be cool to mod the game to turn the built-in damage meters off and solely use the CIT textures for determining the damage level of tools and armor.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Although it would be cool, I wouldn't advise it. It's a shit ton of work, trust me. As for the arrows, they look great!

As for removing the damage bar: it would take about 4 seconds to do it on eclipse, just sayin'
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go