New Release! (BTW V4.41)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.41)

Post by FlowerChild »

Awwww....shucks, Merry Christmas everyone :)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

All i want for Christmas are my two front teeth, my two front teeth, my... fuck this BTW got an update! :D

Thanks lots FC, your awesomeness and dedication make this that much better. ^_^/
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
esphorem

Post by esphorem »

I remember seeing something about chunks sinking 5 blocks in 1.4.6, is that something I should be worried about?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

esphorem wrote:I remember seeing something about chunks sinking 5 blocks in 1.4.6, is that something I should be worried about?
It doesn't appear to be a general problem, and from what I've seen, if you've updated to Java 6, it doesn't look like it'll be an issue at all.

Backup your save game to be on the safe side (you should always do this anyways), but beyond that, I wouldn't worry about it.
esphorem

Post by esphorem »

Great! And let me just say, thank you for updating the mod! :)
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Thanks for the awesome christmas gift FC. :) Merry christmas everyone.
Lots of planets have a north...!
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Thank you FC! And Merry Christmas!
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just an FYI: I received word today from Kahr that he's put out a version of MCPatcher that contains support for the stoked fire hook I added in this release, so it should be working fine now.

Overall, I'm glad him and I have opened up this dialog as hopefully this will mean we'll be able to keep the two compatible in the future and avoid complicated install procedures when the two are used together.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Thank you FC for the Christmas edition complete with lamb feast!

And thanks for fixing the new Fences -> Saw issue, I was actually just coming out here to see if it had been mentioned and saw the new version..

Also, updated the Wiki with new links & version .
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

Awsome, I got my PC up and running, cant wait to play BTW again!
Thanks FC
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Haven't played in a couple weeks, so I just downloaded and want to say thank you, although this is long overdue.

Also, noticed something in the readme, the copyright only says 2011 2012, I have no idea if that makes any difference as I am no copyrights lawyer, but just a heads-up in case it's important and you forgot.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

embirrim wrote: Also, noticed something in the readme, the copyright only says 2011 2012, I have no idea if that makes any difference as I am no copyrights lawyer, but just a heads-up in case it's important and you forgot.
That version was released in 2012. You'll notice the MCF thread already lists 2013, as does the readme for the next release.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

FlowerChild wrote:That version was released in 2012. You'll notice the MCF thread already lists 2013, as does the readme for the next release.
Sorry about that then. Released on the 24th, sorry about the trouble.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

embirrim wrote: Sorry about that then. Released on the 24th, sorry about the trouble.
Not a problem man. Thanks for reminding me, I just already had it on my todo list before the new year hit ;)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I haven't played btw in over a month. I found the desire to play again, but lacked motivation to continue my existing world as I disliked my base layout which was already extensively developed and I hate ripping apart stuff and redoing things. I'd rather start over. But I liked my location since it was near original spawn and central to the strongholds.
So I decided to start over using mcnostalgia to get to 1.4.6. Last night I discovered, mcnostalgia isn't updated and I found myself stuck in vanilla. I want to cry. Vanilla is a miserable experience! I'm now toiling away gathering materials and setting up building layouts, bases, and storage capacity until I can get my versions synched up so I can play 4.41! I'm excited to play through the mod again from the beginning with all the hardcore modes on from the start. (Until I get btw installed I'm playing vanilla as if they're on.)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Have no fear. I'll be updating the mod to 1.4.7 today, so one way or another, you should have a version to play this weekend.
azagal73

Post by azagal73 »

SterlingRed wrote:So I decided to start over using mcnostalgia to get to 1.4.6. Last night I discovered, mcnostalgia isn't updated and I found myself stuck in vanilla. I want to cry. Vanilla is a miserable experience! I'm now toiling away gathering materials and setting up building layouts, bases, and storage capacity until I can get my versions synched up so I can play 4.41! I'm excited to play through the mod again from the beginning with all the hardcore modes on from the start. (Until I get btw installed I'm playing vanilla as if they're on.)
The 1.4.6 jar is available for download here - http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_6/minecraft.jar

Edit: Thanks Sargunster for letting me put the link back up, if anyone does need the jar, until the 1.4.7 release of BTW is out.
Last edited by azagal73 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Err... I don't think that comes from mojang so I can't allow you to distribute that.

EDIT: My apologies. It appears the link is legitimately from Mojang.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Yeah I wasn't asking for an update or a 1.4.6 jar. Merely explaining my recent abcense and excitement over playing again from scratch. Of course versions being out of sync is a result of not keeping up with backups and downloads and I understand that entirely. I usually don't even have time on weekends to play so I'm in no rush. And if I were, there is plenty to do in a brand new world without btw. Really the only early game set back without having btw is a delay in getting hemp started. I can handle a few hours in early game without btw. (Although if it storms tomorrow I can play instead of taking Christmas lights off the roof).

The update to 1.4.7 will be much appreciated however and my condalances for mojangs continued shenanigans on the never ending 1.4.x releases. Its getting obnoxious as hell and from the looks of the snapshots, 1.5 update cycle may be even worse.
ReaperT

Post by ReaperT »

Sarudak wrote:Err... I don't think that comes from mojang so I can't allow you to distribute that.
It was the site snapshots are downloaded from so I'm pretty sure it came from mojang.

EDIT: nevermind.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

SterlingRed wrote: Last night I discovered, mcnostalgia isn't updated and I found myself stuck in vanilla.
I know a link was provided, but may I also suggest MultiMC? http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/100 ... linux-mac/ It has the MC Nostalgia functionality built into it. Also, if you rezip the minecraft-src folder from the release you can have MultiMC patch the jar for you. Unfortunately this doesn't work if you want to use MC patcher as well, but you can still get the old jar with it, then mc patch the downloaded jar.

I'm also using this to keep my old BTB world around and easy to play.. Or if you have any other .minecrafts that you like to use without having to rename them all of the time.