Steam Sales

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
jorgebonafe

Re: Steam Sales

Post by jorgebonafe »

Syberia free for 48 hours on GOG. Pretty good point and click adventure game.

https://www.gog.com/game/syberia
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Also sense Klei games are pretty popular here, you can buy all the game super cheap. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/klei/ Don't starve together just got a new update.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

kregoth wrote:Also sense Klei games are pretty popular here, you can buy all the game super cheap. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/klei/ Don't starve together just got a new update.
Highly recommend Mark of the Ninja if people don't have it already.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

MDK free for 48 hours. A classic. I loved this game back in the day...

https://www.gog.com/?utm_medium=email&u ... tm_term=EN
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Fallout 4 is 50% off in the autumn sale - $15 for the base game or $30 for the GOTY package.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

Sanctum 2 is free for 48 hours from Humble Bundle. Really cool hybrid FPS/Tower Defence game. Have been looking at getting it for a while so I'm pretty chuffed.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/sanctum-2
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Is Stellaris base game worth it for 60% off at $17?

The CIV games are fun but the paradox European grand strategies are a bit too much for what I like.
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

Taleric wrote:Is Stellaris base game worth it for 60% off at $17?

The CIV games are fun but the paradox European grand strategies are a bit too much for what I like.
It's maybe not for everyone, but it's the modern 4x game I've liked the most personally. If you want a slower build progression than Civ, prefer the space aesthetic, and don't mind the devs treat it like an alpha (just look at the 1.9 patch previews so far) then it may be your kind of thing too.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Palisight

Post by Palisight »

Taleric wrote:Is Stellaris base game worth it for 60% off at $17?

If you are interested in purchasing Stellaris, you should probably investigate whether you would prefer Distant Worlds Universe instead

And given Paradoxes DLC model, it might be the case the optimal cost efficiency strategy for Paradox games is now to wait until all the DLCs they are going to make are made and purchase the "Complete Version" on a sale
devak

Post by devak »

Palisight wrote: If you are interested in purchasing Stellaris, you should probably investigate whether you would prefer Distant Worlds Universe instead
In case people don't know, a MAJOR free update will be underway (for stellaris) that will radically overhaul FTL, expansion, war and combat in general. If you're very confident about playing it buy it now, but it may be a good idea to hold off for a while until the next update comes out. Because it'll likely be quite a different game. A better game hopefully, but quite different.
Last edited by devak on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

devak wrote:
Palisight wrote: If you are interested in purchasing Stellaris, you should probably investigate whether you would prefer Distant Worlds Universe instead
In case people don't know, a MAJOR free update will be underway that will radically overhaul FTL, expansion, war and combat in general. If you're very confident about playing it buy it now, but it may be a good idea to hold off for a while until the next update comes out. Because it'll likely be quite a different game. A better game hopefully, but quite different.
On which game? You quoted a sentence in which two are listed :)
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

FlowerChild wrote:On which game? You quoted a sentence in which two are listed :)
Pretty sure he's referring to Stellaris. They've talked about how the next update changes the FTL (everyone uses hyperlanes with the other types being repurposed), how you claim a system (have to build an outpost in each desired system instead of borders passively claiming everything in a radius of outposts and colonized systems), and a rework of how wars work, among other things.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
devak

Post by devak »

FlowerChild wrote: On which game? You quoted a sentence in which two are listed :)
derp.

Stellaris is getting a big update.
Katalliaan wrote: Pretty sure he's referring to Stellaris. They've talked about how the next update changes the FTL (everyone uses hyperlanes with the other types being repurposed), how you claim a system (have to build an outpost in each desired system instead of borders passively claiming everything in a radius of outposts and colonized systems), and a rework of how wars work, among other things.
Yep. Also there will be a new "status quo" peace, which means every system you occupy becomes yours while any enemy occupied system becomes theirs.
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

For the record, though, for those who still like the current system they always take snapshots of every final version of every major release. I'm still hopeful and intrigued the new system will be better, even if I like the old wormhole generators for how they help compartmentalize the area around your empire and make it easier to focus when it comes to exploration.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
devak

Post by devak »

kazerima wrote:For the record, though, for those who still like the current system they always take snapshots of every final version of every major release. I'm still hopeful and intrigued the new system will be better, even if I like the old wormhole generators for how they help compartmentalize the area around your empire and make it easier to focus when it comes to exploration.
I'm happy that they're willing to go pretty far to fix pretty big problems with Stellaris. I love the game, but aspects like deathstacks and territory are weird. Mid-late game warfare is an absolute slog, with way too much micro. Wars are mostly "deathstack evades other deathstack. Whoever wins 1 battle wins the war". As rightfully mentioned by Paradox, the different FTL systems prevent a cohesive strategy, hence they are changing it.

The early-to-mid game is wonderful, it's a great game that combines the space aspect of so many other space strategies with what i find to be a very good roleplaying game (where you roleplay a as a civilization). Some DLC fixed the biggest problems (Leviathans and Utopia added more interesting things to the mid-game), but to fix the endgame they need fundamental changes.
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

Another Humble Bundle freebie:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the- ... classified

Doesn't have the best reviews but meh, it's free.
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

This month's Humble Monthly from Humble Bundle includes The Long Dark and 2 other games for $12 all as early unlocks, with another bunch of games to arrive January 1st.
The Long Dark might be of interest in particular to the people here though, as it comes with a hardcore survivalist mode where it's just you alone in the wilderness.
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Grim Fandango is free on GOG for a short time.

https://www.gog.com/game/grim_fandango_remastered
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Kingdom: Classic is free on Steam today. Great game.

Also, Prison Architect is 75% off. Another good one.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Ubisoft is trying to get brownie points: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/event/hap ... /#freegame
You get Assisans creed black flag, Watchdogs and World in conflict for free on their Uplay store thingy, yes it's Ubisoft and their attempt to compete with steam but It is a couple AAA titles for free.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

So I finally picked up Darkest Dungeon. And now I cannot put it down. What an amazing game. Simple mechanics, deep gameplay, which is a hard combo to pull off. And if you play on hard it is really challenging, no room for mistakes! So far what I've learned is, a) never leave home without a jester, and either a vestal or an occultist, unless doing a short dungeon, and b) antiquarians are your friend and the number one way to make money. How do we not have a thread about this game? :)
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:So I finally picked up Darkest Dungeon. And now I cannot put it down. What an amazing game. Simple mechanics, deep gameplay, which is a hard combo to pull off. And if you play on hard it is really challenging, no room for mistakes! So far what I've learned is, a) never leave home without a jester, and either a vestal or an occultist, unless doing a short dungeon, and b) antiquarians are your friend and the number one way to make money. How do we not have a thread about this game? :)
I burned out on it towards the end game for some reason and lost interest. Without consciously making the decision to stop playing I just wandered off and didn't come back.

I know I loved it for awhile, but it left me with a so-so impression of it overall because of how I ended things with it.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

It has a repetitive style of gameplay, a grind if you will that I know puts many people off. Maybe I will eventually get tired of it too, but I'm having so much fun putting together teams and trying out hero builds that I don't see myself quitting soon. I do think that the goal though is to graduate on playing bloodmoon difficulty torchless, as it makes the game very unforgiving and challenging, and you can't just go on dungeon runs without careful consideration.

EDIT:
Without consciously making the decision to stop playing I just wandered off and didn't come back.
This is my experience with 99% of all games I play :P Minecraft and by extension btw are the only games I keep coming back to consistently for so many years. Other than that, most games that have a beginning and an end and are not based on "runs" * I usually never finish..

* by runs I mean games like ftl, where you don't finish the game per se, or games like civilization.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Nelgoth

Post by Nelgoth »

Hey Guys,

Long time no see. Hope you are all doing well.

#1 Thanks to Flower for the new update!!! Looks awesome.
#2 Wanted to give you guys a heads up. They are Billions is a fantastic game that I think all of you fellow masochists are gonna love. Really great base builder with excellent mechanics and progression. It's currently at a reduced price in the winter sale, but I would buy it at full price any day. Let me know what you guys think.
#3 Have a great new year!

-Nelgoth