Steam Sales

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Steam Sales

Post by FlowerChild »

Taleric wrote:This War of Mine, wait for sale or is it $20 good? (Did not want to start whole thread, please do if you own/have tons of information)
I wound up buying it a few days ago due to both my survival game addiction and my obsession with games being used to convey deeper messages :)

What to say? It's an awesome game for the first play through. Not sure it has much replay value though, and while people are going on about how hard it is, I finished it on my second try (made it pretty far on my first too...I think to day 30 or something). It is certainly harder than your average mass market game is right now, but I'm not sure that really makes it "hard". I think it's more a matter that people aren't used to not being able to run into every situation and win via combat. If you play cautiously and with the understanding you are playing civilians I suspect you could get through it on your first try if you don't make any obvious blunders.

Beyond that, I put a few hours into another play through before deciding to call it quits. While there is a certain amount of randomization, I wouldn't say it's enough to justify going through it multiple times.

So...it's an amazing survival experience *while it lasts*. Whether it is worth the 20$ or not is hard to say. Personally, I'd think for around the same price (or cheaper), either The Forest, or The Long Dark would provide more play value, both of which are good survival games, without the political undertones mind you.

If you do pick up The Long Dark at some point though, whatever you do, don't start in the new area they added last release (Coastal Highway I think?). It pretty much ruins the whole game if you do and is in serious need of balancing.
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

For all Craft the World fans - 50% Off at Steam Daily Deal
http://store.steampowered.com/news/15011/
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

I just saw on Steam...
OlbaiD wrote:For all Craft the World fans - 50% Off at Steam Daily Deal
http://store.steampowered.com/news/15011/
Awww damn it! Is this still a recommended purchase by people here? I've been inundated with catchy little games and good steam prices.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rawny wrote: Awww damn it! Is this still a recommended purchase by people here? I've been inundated with catchy little games and good steam prices.
Well, I've got 55 hours into it and I intend to play it again once the release version hits on the 24th of this month, so yes, I think at that price I'd definitely recommend it.

I was hoping it would go further, but what's there is a heck of a lot of fun.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

FlowerChild wrote:so yes, I think at that price I'd definitely recommend it.
*Shake fist in air*
Curse you and your game recommendations that I feel obliged to purchase!
And curse this... but not really.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

I've seen people give away steam things here so I'll try my hand at it. I noticed that I've got this item thing in my steam account that give -25% on something called "Pixel Piracy".
I'll give it away for almost free. The cost? Tell me how to frik'n transfer the thing to you. It does say tradable.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Rawny wrote:I've seen people give away steam things here so I'll try my hand at it. I noticed that I've got this item thing in my steam account that give -25% on something called "Pixel Piracy".
I'll give it away for almost free. The cost? Tell me how to frik'n transfer the thing to you. It does say tradable.
Three things:

1-Every owner of Terraria automatically got coupons for Pixel Piracy, so I doubt anyone around here would need them.

2-You have to add a person to your friend list to initiate a trade.

3-If you need to get rid of steam items, add Trashbot to your friends and send him your items (he'll auto-accept). Just don't forget to remove him from your friendlist when you're done.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Infested Planet is on sale and well worth it if you liked Creeper World or other holding back the tide style games
Better is the enemy of Good
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

It's Black Friday, and ALOT of games are on sale. Im stongly considering buying Kerbal Space Program, as it is 40% off :O. Can someone please shout at me that I should buy it?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

erikdk321 wrote:It's Black Friday, and ALOT of games are on sale. Im stongly considering buying Kerbal Space Program, as it is 40% off :O. Can someone please shout at me that I should buy it?
You should buy it.

By the way, I've been playing Deponia these days, and its awesome. Its a Monkey Island style adventure game. The trilogy has a 50% discount right now on steam, I recomend this also for adventure game lovers.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/292910/
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
DerAlex

Post by DerAlex »

Shadow Warrior
http://store.steampowered.com/app/233130/

90% (!) discount today. May be the best FPS of 2013. Stupid, gory, mindless FPS fun. If thats your thing, there is no excuse.
There were horses and a guy on fire and I stabbed a guy with a trident.
William the tuba

Post by William the tuba »

GoG.com is having a big winter bundle sale. I picked up all of the Impressions Games city builders on the cheap, but there's a bunch of other stuff.
(@Will on the discord)
Parents of young, organic life forms are warned that towels can be harmful if swallowed in large quantities.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Ready your wallets brothers! For the Winter Sale approach us, and we will be tempted by the cruel mistress of desconts and bundles. Make peace with your friends and family, you will not be seeing them anytime soon. This is the year we will play ALL the games we bought on Steam. ALL 120 OF THEM!! NOTHING WILL STOP US BROTHERS!!! BRACE FOR THE 18TH OF DECEMBER!!!
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
ThePowerofTower

Post by ThePowerofTower »

Wafflewaffle wrote:This is the year we will play ALL the games we bought on Steam. ALL 120 OF THEM!
Either:

A - You're lying
B - You're a wizard
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

ThePowerofTower wrote: Either:

A - You're lying
B - You're a wizard
I am the Sorcerer of Lies! Nah really 70 games on steam and growing as of now. Btw buy Endless Legend if you love Civ5 but think Beyond Earth a little to tame. It has a great quest system and very well woven RPG elements integrated in the turn-based combat. Its world is as interesting as Civ5's pseudo-gandhi-warlord world with different races that play pretty different from one another. Also money = power = magic is really awesome.

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Wafflewaffle wrote: I am the Sorcerer of Lies! Nah really 70 games on steam and growing as of now. Btw buy Endless Legend if you love Civ5 but think Beyond Earth a little to tame. It has a great quest system and very well woven RPG elements integrated in the turn-based combat. Its world is as interesting as Civ5's pseudo-gandhi-warlord world with different races that play pretty different from one another. Also money = power = magic is really awesome.
My one problem with that game is you're stuck with the same three faction units the entire game. I know you can upgrade their armor and weapons and customize the units a little through their equipment, but one infantry unit, one calvary unit, and one support unit is a little limiting IMO.

Apart from that, I agree with you completely. Really awesome background story and just an overall interesting world
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

You can hire mercenaries and assimilate minor factions and produce their units too. Also i dont think a huge number of different unit types would work that well in Endless Legends' fast and close quarter combat, battles have a 6 turns limit on them so they can actually end in stalemates, preventing long clumsy combat cenarios that grow boring during long play sessions.

I know im coming of as a salesman for the game but i really, REAllY like.

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
ThePowerofTower

Post by ThePowerofTower »

Wafflewaffle wrote:I am the Sorcerer of Lies! Nah really 70 games on steam and growing as of now. Btw buy Endless Legend if you love Civ5 but think Beyond Earth a little to tame. It has a great quest system and very well woven RPG elements integrated in the turn-based combat. Its world is as interesting as Civ5's pseudo-gandhi-warlord world with different races that play pretty different from one another. Also money = power = magic is really awesome.
... 183
(Drowns in 1s and 0s)

And yes to all of the above, but I think I'll wait on Endless. I've seen so much footage of it (It looks like everything I've ever wanted in a strategy game) but I need to swamp through my backlog XD
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

My wishlist has grown way out of hand, as has my library :/
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
DerAlex

Post by DerAlex »

7 Days to Die 50% off today

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251570/
There were horses and a guy on fire and I stabbed a guy with a trident.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Prison Architect's for sale at $6 for the next couple days http://store.steampowered.com/app/233450
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

I grabbed Door Kickers and love it! A top down tactical shooter that even has a random level generator.

I forget the title but it reminds me of a swat game in the late 90s I loved. You can unlock several different classes and weapons that suit specific engements. The swat each have personal stats, there is 70ish single levels, and 5 campaigns.

Worth the price IMO 40% off 11.99.

On a different note I looked at Civ V recently and would pay for a DLC just to have Leonard Nimoy read the nice quotes Civ IV used to have again :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Prison Architect is currently 75% off. Good deal.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:Prison Architect is currently 75% off. Good deal.
Just grabbed it. Been waiting for a deep discount there for ages, but it's not going to get better than that.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Sniper Elite 3 70% off, I am playing on authentic and it is great! I love marksmanship and the simulation is very enjoyable. You must play your role and select your targets wisely, it is easy to get wasted by a single enemy fire team.

A ton of customization for your gear and rifle right down to the scope reticle. Much fun :)