Diego's Stream

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Speltz

Re: BTW Livestream

Post by Speltz »

I can try and find when it began if you want to watch the replay.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

thatd be great, thanks
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

Alright, just watching it now. Looks like it's in the BTW Nite 3 video, starting around 10 minutes in. Hmmm...just trying to find where the action really kicks off, as it's a bit later on.

EDIT: Ok, it really get's wild around 23:30
Last edited by Speltz on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

thanks
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

Yes the "Ghast Fiasco" was definately pretty crazy, the livestream is back up again, and I'm going to be getting started in a few minutes :)
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

If any of you are interested in being "guest comentators" like speltz, walker, and kata have been, then feel free to pm me here. You will need to have ventrilo installed.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I feel excluded. :[
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Well, since my Livestreams are horrible flops because I always seem to need a wingman for comedy, I suppose I might inquire if I've got a night. ~w~

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

i hope we get more BTW people so its not a crazy comment spam asking what everything does and whats its need for, that stuff really clutters the chat more than you would think
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Just gotta say Diegokilla, your livestream has been making my 2 weeks without access to a computer capable of suitably running Minecraft a little bit more bearable. House-sitting for my father while he goes on vacation.

If you can't play it, watch someone else play it. That or post on a forum...

So yeah, Thanks Man. =D
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

walker_boh_65 wrote:i hope we get more BTW people so its not a crazy comment spam asking what everything does and whats its need for, that stuff really clutters the chat more than you would think
Maybe we should just link the uninitiated the wiki the first time they ask a "what does _____ do" question, and let them look it up themselves?
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

diegokilla wrote:If any of you are interested in being "guest comentators" like speltz, walker, and kata have been, then feel free to pm me here. You will need to have ventrilo installed.
Speaking of which, haven't really been using the voice chat too much lately due to the delay between the video and the vent transmission, and the confusion that that usually brings. (Not to mention that most of the transmissions I make, I usually end up wishing I had spent more time thinking over. Wish speaking had a backspace key)

Anyways, if you'd prefer I can use the voicechat more when talking to you, and I'll just have to risk EDIT: making an ass out of myself being misunderstood.

Proof of concept.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Doesn't stop me :P and the latency isn't that bad sometimes.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Yeah, I don't know why there's such a long lag between when it's said and when diego hears it - it's not the stream being delayed, since he's responded to comments in the chat as soon as they're sent, but his latency to the Vent server isn't bad enough to account for the delay, either.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Probably my computer.It was top of the line back in 2003.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I doubt it was your computer, as it was happening with anyone who was talking - you could hear them on Vent before diego heard them.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

First off, the issue with vent latency is on my end, I have had this problem with vent before. Just remind me to restart my vent if things are way out of sync. Second, It's great to hear that people are really enjoying this :D I'm tickled pink!
And third,
In regards to the random noobs uh, I mean non-BTW-folk that we have been getting:
I don't really mind having people that are unfamiliar with BTW watching and such, but it does bother me when they clutter up the chat. So I am going to be looking into some remedies for this. I am pretty sure I can set it so that the channel itself is password protected or something like that, and I might even try doing that tonight.
What I would really like to do is make it so that only certain people can actually type in chat. I'm not really sure if this can even be done, but I am going to look into it.
Also, I think I can make people "chat moderators". So if anyone of you guys are interested in banning the less desirables when they show up, let me know.

And with all that out of the way, I think I might start the Livestream a bit early tonight. (depends on what time the wife goes to bed... wife-aggro is a son-of-a...)

Oh ya one last thing, I am going to start posting little snippits of what happened after the majority of you guys leave, so that if you missed something you want to see, you can ask me to show you in the next livestream (I know finding things in the saved videos after the fact can be a bit difficult :P )
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I wouldn't mind wieldin' teh Banhammorz. I am pretty sure I'll be on tonight, don't know why I have been wanting to go to sleep earlier the past few days.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I don't mind being a moderator, although I'd only really be able to stay for a part of the stream (amount'll vary depending on what I have to do in the morning).

I think that password-protecting the chat wouldn't be worth it. I could see keeping the Vent info out of their hands, but maybe setting up a small FAQ in the channel description and 5-minute banning for asking questions that are answered in it would keep it to just chat, and not questions about the mod.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

HavokSCOUT wrote:I wouldn't mind wieldin' teh Banhammorz. I am pretty sure I'll be on tonight, don't know why I have been wanting to go to sleep earlier the past few days.
Katalliaan wrote:I don't mind being a moderator, although I'd only really be able to stay for a part of the stream (amount'll vary depending on what I have to do in the morning).

I think that password-protecting the chat wouldn't be worth it. I could see keeping the Vent info out of their hands, but maybe setting up a small FAQ in the channel description and 5-minute banning for asking questions that are answered in it would keep it to just chat, and not questions about the mod.
Sounds like a good plan kata, I'll see about gettin yall moderator.

Oh! And to have mod you have to havve a livestream account I believe.
Last edited by diegokilla on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

i would volunteer, but i might overdo the ban-hammer just a little bit
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Still no solution to the broken movie? I really want to catch up before I get too far behind.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

diegokilla wrote:Oh! And to have mod you have to havve a livestream account I believe.
That'd make sense. What time were you thinking of starting tonight?
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

Katalliaan wrote:
diegokilla wrote:Oh! And to have mod you have to havve a livestream account I believe.
That'd make sense. What time were you thinking of starting tonight?
Next 30 min or so, it's up now but just jammin to some dubstep really

And i think that the broken episod is lost forever :(
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

The weird thing is, when you're not broadcasting, it seems like it's playing the broken episode. Problem is, I never seem to catch the beginning of it.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx