Benanov's Inhospitable Wasteland - CLOSED / Deep Freeze

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Benanov

Re: Benanov's Inhospitable Wasteland (BTW 4.56 / BWR 0.26)

Post by Benanov »

Sounds fine to me. There's a 'thing' in the server admin communities where if no one sees anyone on they assume the server's dead. That was one of the nucraftd plugins I wanted Warr to write - a message that tells the last player when someone last signed on.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

The future of BWR is pretty bleak right now.

PM me if you want a world download.

Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Perhaps instructions on how to create our own inhospitable wasteland maps? I personally love this style of gameplay, but I'm not sure if the server map is just a super flat desert preset or something like that, so some clarification would be helpful. I'd definitely keep a minecraft.jar with an old version of minecraft and BTW just so I could keep BWR. I would hate to see BWR go, it was a very fun add-on :( Good luck in trying to figure something out!
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Benanov wrote:Sounds fine to me. There's a 'thing' in the server admin communities where if no one sees anyone on they assume the server's dead. That was one of the nucraftd plugins I wanted Warr to write - a message that tells the last player when someone last signed on.
With the irc bridge it would be fairly easy to set up an mirc script to do that for Wastey rather than requiring a plugin.
Better is the enemy of Good
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

Hi Taterboy, I love the builds you've shown off on this thread and was inspired to build my own dung tower. I have to ask, do you get as much poop out as you put in meat? 1:1? Or is there any waste? I'm dropping in enough meat for 24 wolves (i.e. 24 steaks) and never getting 24 dung out... If I put in more than enough, the wolves eventually all get fed but more than 24 steaks are consumed or lost, with only 24 dung to show for it.

I've posted the same thing in tech support but there's nothing conclusive other than a hint that perhaps stacks of items are despawning after 1 minute. So if there's nothing wrong with your poop tower then there's evidently something wrong with the way I built my own :-)
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

I'm okay with derailing this thread a bit Wibbles - but note that Wasteland is on 4.56. If you have that version I don't mind whitelisting you so you can see what TaterBoy has built.

If you don't have that version...FC frowns upon distributing old versions. I can post a world download though.

Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

Thanks Benanov, very kind of you. I tend to keep old versions of BTW for no other reason than that I can't be bothered deleting them, so I'm good :) And I apologize for inadvertently derailing the thread, certainly wasn't my intention.

I'd be very grateful to have a waltz on the wasteland to see the wonderful tower of poop; to be honest I've never set foot on a SMP server so it'll be a first-time experience! My ign is jellyonaplate.
TaterBoy

Re: Benanov's Inhospitable Wasteland - CLOSED / Deep Freeze

Post by TaterBoy »

Sad to see the Wastes closing down. It was definitely one of the most fun challenges I've had in MC in a while. I'd love to have a copy of the world, if you wouldn't mind PMing it to me. :D
-Tater
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

Is it possible that with the addition of the iron nuggets in BTW, my earlier suggestion of filtering iron out of dirt or gravel could now become valid? I ask simply because I would hate to see BWR die out.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

MrPlatypus wrote:Is it possible that with the addition of the iron nuggets in BTW, my earlier suggestion of filtering iron out of dirt or gravel could now become valid? I ask simply because I would hate to see BWR die out.
That discussion is still plausible, yes. We had some neat ideas but we'll have to revisit them for 4.62. FC has changed some things and so we have some more things we can work with here.

Plant XB would be amazingly overpowered with 4.62, fwiw.